Raspberry Pi

hoi, 

the update from the test version i had for the pip4048msd is not that big of a diff.

BUT its an update that is good and stable!

in general i am very very happy with the ICC program (1.1.4)

maybe a little tip (request),

the time to 100% is in hours in the ICC program.. when you add it via Emon its in Min.

maybe you can  make that Hours : Min too in Emon? (just like tha value of Time To Go)

final thoughts: you can't have a better program than ICC!! many, many thanks to Manie for the support and the updates!

your program Rocks!!!

grtz from belgium

a little (Pi-version) update :-)

on my version there was a wierd way of the value for Grid Watts (imported), but that normaly solved now for my test version (maybe too for others in the final version), test shows OK value Manie :D

edit: forgot to say that the  Battery Time Left error is also gone :D (sweet Manie!!!)

some requests for my PIP4048msd (and maybe others) version :

just for Emon (not for the program to see):

AC Charging Power ( watts) (Qpigs2 - place 8)

AC Charging Current (amps)  (Qpigs2 - place 7)

the hour:min version for Battery Time to 100% instead of the total min. (no hours to see in Emon)

BMV (program and emon) :

E discharges ( how many full discharges)

d Cycles ( how many loading cycles)

i days since last charge ( numbers of days since last full charge)

[ or maybe all the values of the BMV, like in de Windows program would be VERY nice ;-) ]

grtz Kristof

manie,

update after 160h running last test version...

ive getting alot of "miss" readings on the solar...

graphs "fucked up" with high solar inputs.. 15000w..(only for 2kw on solar here connected yet)

what could be the problem of that?

grtz kristof

You can do it youself as the source code was available here and most downloaded.

I am doing windows now. I said it to you on whatsapp. When i am done . I will start with version 2 for the pi.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, kg666 said:

Ive getting alot of "miss" readings on the solar...

graphs "fucked up" with high solar inputs.. 15000w..(only for 2kw on solar here connected yet)

what could be the problem of that?

grtz kristof

Kristof. That value is a value most with the pip/axpert/something aussie name get. I have investigated it thoroughly and the as you call it "f-dup value" comes from the inverter itself. Furthermore it comes from the current (PV (I)) value from the inverter. Manie are aware of the details and will address it in future release.

9 hours ago, Manie said:

You can do it youself as the source code was available here and most downloaded.

I am doing windows now. I said it to you on whatsapp. When i am done . I will start with version 2 for the pi.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

i dont care about the source code..you know that

its only an update i wanted to tell you ...dont think i had that "miss reading" before...

and indeed i will wait for version 2 ;)

7 hours ago, Riaanh said:

Kristof. That value is a value most with the pip/axpert/something aussie name get. I have investigated it thoroughly and the as you call it "f-dup value" comes from the inverter itself. Furthermore it comes from the current (PV (I)) value from the inverter. Manie are aware of the details and will address it in future release.

thanks for the update / info riaanh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good day

My pi works fine with usb however I have an 5kva rs232 inverter. 

If I start icc only one string comes through an then it stops. I have tried two serial to usb converters. Latest pi version.

Must you give the rs232 permisions or something ?

IMG-20170708-WA0002.jpg

Only one value came through when I pressed start in ICC, manny fixed it. thank you manny

Does somebody know if the PI cn be powered from the USB port on the axpert ?

I will biuld a flylead that plugs into the normal port in the inverter & normal usb on the pi. I wiil then tap the two 5 V +&- wires to power the Pi via a micro usb. ?

But I do not know if the usb port gives out power.

This is for a friend of mine, I still have the RS232 inverter.

Hi all Pi users,

Anybody experience strange behavior this morning around 9-10. 

Pi rebooted, ICC recovered 100%, no problem there. What I noticed is that the alert that a new version (2.1.3) is gone now. I am still on 2.1.0. "Running latest version"

I can trace a few grid dips just after 9 this morning, which EmonCMS captured. I have a 10Ah mini "UPS" feeding the Pi with power, so am not suspecting a pi power outage to have caused this. After an hour I got the alert from PVoutput regarding this, and started digging. A "Stop/Start" of ICC didn't bring the pvoutput thread alive, so did a click on the ICC close icon (x - top right) and a few minutes later pvoutput was alive again.

Strange?

Hi again Pi users!

So checked ICC this morning, and it seems Manie has been hard at work. ICC reported that new version (2.1.3 again) is now available again. So I hit "Upgrade". Went smoothly till 80%, then seemed to stall. But knowing that my pi is on a weakish Wifi link (Inverter is remotely located to DB), wasn't too concerned. a minute or so later, ICC closed down, and a new terminal popped up with messages "/home/pi/ICC/RunICC: 13: /home/pi/ICC/RunICC: ./ICC: Permission denied"

So if you get this error, don't panic. This is normal.

All that is required is to open another terminal, goto the ICC directory "cd /ICC", and issue "chmod 755 ICC".

ICC will start immediately.

PS, visually no difference between 2.1.0 and 2.1.3, so perhaps just some internal sorting out done by Manie. Thanks.

Although....I have noticed that under Cloud setting, for the EmonCMS, one can now select to which "NODE" you want to write your data. This is helpful, as previously ICC used Node 1, and now by default it uses Node 0. So one needs to update all your dashboards/graphs/reports. Maybe a good thing, then you don't forget how to do it!!

On 7/14/2017 at 9:40 AM, Jako said:

Does somebody know if one can easily add a USB port to an old AXPERT 5KVA RS232 only inverter ?

You could just use a USB/RS232 converter. But I think the difference will be that the official USB chip used in these inverters show up as an HID device and the software you guys use speak to a HID device, whereas using such a converter will make it show up as a serial terminal device and almost ironically the software will either not work (I don't know) or you'll have to use the existing serial port implementation (which I assume exists).

OK, thank you for the feedback

V2.1.5 running well so far on USB inverters. Parallel & single.

V2.1.5 RS232 through USB converter running well but there are some minor glitches like the PV trend is on the front panel not on the PV tab etc.

Funny thing One of the 3 Pi's has the axpert settings (This is new, you can adjust all the axpert settings from ICC) in the settings tab "The single 3kva inverter" the other two was updated the same way but does not have these settings :)  (Mannie confirmed this was only available for 3KVA single unit)

Lovely 2nd dashboard with colored analog indicators, can be adjusted as you wish.

@Manie did a great job in enhancing the ICC-Pi by adding a Dashboard 2 tab to the display. The levels at which the gauges change colour  can be set for whatever values one finds suitable. Here is my display this morning with the default settings. Since it is a cloudy day the PV output is little. We just have clouds but no rain and our dam level is at 21.3% of which about 10% cannot be used. I foresee another forum about desalination in the near future. At least our village is on the Atlantic seaboard with all the water that one would ever need to desalinate.

ICCDash2-S.thumb.jpg.1cc155b4825a9194291d285d661cb890.jpg

The dashboard is a really great addition, especially for my 7" inch Pi display. Only the battery gauge needs improvement May be color gradient like emoncms with more graduations ?

Also, would love to have my 2nd inverter PV readings on MPPT2( they are visible in cluster info)

yes indeed dash 2 is nice! i did that suggestion about the gauges too ;-) 

he will make some changes ;-)

also informed hem about the "error" in the pip4048 one...no string 4 read out anymore..

i think there will be an update soon ;-) ( i hope )

keep up the good work Manie!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded about an hour ago and all is fine. I like the new digtal displays better than the initial 7 segment displays on Dashboard 2. Cannot imagine managing my Axperts without ICC-Pi and MQTT Dashboard. That would not be any fun and just a struggle. Well done again @Manie. It just keeps getting better.

Upgraded at last, when I upgrade through the app, my ICC always stops working & throws some error in the terminal window. So I always re-flash the SD then upgrade with no problem. (I also loose my old data :wacko:)

I like the graph in dashboard 2