Firmware - Growatt 5000es

FJ25

3 hours ago, Fawzi73 said:

Hello everyone,

Could you please share with me the bin files for the latest firmware available with you for the Growatt SPF 5000ES? 

Email address is [email protected]

Thanking you in advance for your gracious support

Hi There,

I have sent it to you by email. Please let me know if you have received it.

8 hours ago, CristianP said:

Hello everyone,

Can I kindly ask whether any of you fine gentlemen can share with me the bin files for the latest firmware available with you for the Growatt SPF 5000ES? 

Email address is [email protected]

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

email has been sent... Please follow the SOP.

• 2 weeks later...

A have performed FW upgrade from 040/041.05 7. 01 to 06. 1.04 using ISPTool v4.30 and the guide from https://www.elleyhillpower.co.za/pages/growatt-spf5000es-firmware-upgrade

Since the guide is very explicit, I wish to mention. Perform MPPT fw upgrade first if wanted (F030... file) and the inverter fw upgrade after that (F2809... file). In between, the inverter had a strange state on the screen (was mentioned by other user here). I did not check if it works properly.

I've got the files directly from Growatt support.

I did this upgrade in order to get 22A from the MPPT since I have seen it is limited to 18A.

I will observe in the next days if my system will reach closer to the 6kwp installed since from the installation my sistem could not exceed 5kw.

Is the factory reset mandarory after fw upgrade?

Does anybody knows what changes should we expect from these fw upgrades?

Edited by radudorurus

Hello guys. 

I'm running 3 phase parallel installation with Growatt SPF 5000es (firmware 040.04.301) and I'm experiencing bugs like sometimes grid charges battery while SOL mode is set (grid charger disabled) and despite SBU mode being set, in the morning the grid loads the house while the solar charges the batteries. Small bugs that make my system inefficient.

Can please @FJ25 or @zsde send me both 040.05 and 040.06 firmware + the tool for uploading it.

My email is [email protected]

UPDATE: I found and flashed the 06 firmware but the invertor still has bugs. Every morning it uses the grid to power my house (in SBU mode) and it uses the solar to charge the batteries. If I disconnect main grid power switch for a second, it corrects itself and starts using the sun for both house + battery. So no solution at the moment. I'll be happy if anybody can help with this

Big thanks!

Deyan

Edited by Deyan Vitanov

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022/04/04 at 7:18 AM, radudorurus said:

A have performed FW upgrade from 040/041.05 7. 01 to 06. 1.04 using ISPTool v4.30 and the guide from https://www.elleyhillpower.co.za/pages/growatt-spf5000es-firmware-upgrade

Since the guide is very explicit, I wish to mention. Perform MPPT fw upgrade first if wanted (F030... file) and the inverter fw upgrade after that (F2809... file). In between, the inverter had a strange state on the screen (was mentioned by other user here). I did not check if it works properly.

I've got the files directly from Growatt support.

I did this upgrade in order to get 22A from the MPPT since I have seen it is limited to 18A.

I will observe in the next days if my system will reach closer to the 6kwp installed since from the installation my sistem could not exceed 5kw.

Is the factory reset mandarory after fw upgrade?

Does anybody knows what changes should we expect from these fw upgrades?

Can you confirm that the .06 firmware in fact did allow the MPPT to go to 22 Amps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

Can I kindly ask whether any of you fine gentlemen can share with me the bin files for the latest firmware available with you for the Growatt SPF 5000ES? 

Email address is petrusferreira5gmail.com

Many thanks in advance.

Hello

Sorry for missing the notifications.

I posted the files on another solarforum.

Anybody can download from there and get more information about the fw upgrade process.

Probably the link will be forbidden by the rules of the forum. (copy the text below and paste it the browser address bar, remove the spaces before and after the dot, most probably an account will be required for downloading the attachments)

diysolarforum . com/threads/growatt-spf-5000es-firmware-update.35171/post-479197

I recommend, do not post emails address public.

You will reach on the spammers list.

Just read a little, search on other forums and download the files yourself.

Edited by radudorurus
Edit

On 2022/05/21 at 8:00 PM, miromar said:

Hi Radudorurus 

Could you please confirm if .06 firmware allowed the MPPT to go up to 22  instead of 18 Amps?

Would it be possible to have the latest bin files and exe to perform the upgrade ?

my email : [email protected]

Thanks in advance

I can confirm the MPPT current limit is now 22A.

However the inverter has another behavior on my setup:

Both FW posted (november 2021 and january 2022 have 22A limit on MPPT.
I downgraded to november version to check if there are different behavior and I did not observed any.

What I dislike is, when there is 4.8kw from PV and you connect load 4.9kw, the PV power drops to 3.6-3.7kw which is annoying.
I have to wait until the PV power is over 5kw and connecting additional load up to 100% will not make the PV power to drop.

The PV throttle is still slow.
Let's say you have 1.5kw PV power instant and 1kw load. Some power goes to battery.
If you turn off the load, the PV power is not transferred directly to battery.
First, the PV throttle goes down and increase afterward as the charger demands the power. Probably is the charger behavior. (I do not remember to observe this on the 05 version but I have not checked especially)

11 minutes ago, radudorurus said:

Both FW posted (november 2021 and january 2022 have 22A limit on MPPT.
I downgraded to november version to check if there are different behavior and I did not observed any.

The Nov FW was 40.05 and 41.05 which I have and I can assure you that my Inverter still caps at 18A, in fact 17,6A to be exact.
Unless there was an earlier and a later 40.05 and 41.05
image.png.cbcf745659517bec2ceb573dcc105335.png

image.png.9daf7e2782d910678b09b6247352e5c8.png

Edited by zsde

32 minutes ago, radudorurus said:

I hope I am not wrong but the firmwares nov2021 and jan2022 are 4x.06.

The november one is 40/41 06 b29

I do not remember exactly the ending for the january release but it may be 7.

The last ones I saw were the .06 that I think you also posted on diysolarforum. I downloaded them but haven't had the guts to flash them yet.
I don't think I have seen any .07 release as yet

• 4 weeks later...

Good day guys. I have been reading up on the process of installing the new firmware, I am now confused, do you load the F2809... first or the F030? Because my process stays at Starting!

100sec passes and nothing happened. Tried WIN10 and WIN11, tried different cables. Only battery is connected. PV is not installed at the moment, load is disconnected. Where am I going wrong.