Best App - Deye Inverter?

Derekvdm

5 hours ago, Speedster said:

You can use any of the solarman Apps - vanilla, smart or business. 

Thank you. I will check it out. So the Solarman app and wifi data logger are linked? Do you perhaps know if the Sunsynk Data logger will work on Deye Inverter? 

10 hours ago, Derekvdm said:

Need some advice with Wifi app please. 
Deye 5kw inverter.  
I’m rather disappointed with the basic Solarman Smart App compared to what I’ve seen for Sunsync. 

Is Solarman smart app the only option? 

I have the Deye 5kw as well. Went straight for Solar Assistant after I found the SS app pretty useless for near realtime monitoring.

Was a very good investment indeed (https://solar-assistant.io/)

MdF

1 hour ago, Derekvdm said:

Thank you. I will check it out. So the Solarman app and wifi data logger are linked? Do you perhaps know if the Sunsynk Data logger will work on Deye Inverter? 

Yes, the data logger is a solarman logger, and hence linked to the solarman app. You are able to access it directly though and pull the data into your software of choice (such as Home Assistant). I'm not sure if the the SunSynk works on Deye but, to be honest, I doubt I'd switch even if it does work. The solarman HA integration is great, while I don't think there is a Sunsynk one as yet. 

7 hours ago, Speedster said:

Yes, the data logger is a solarman logger, and hence linked to the solarman app. You are able to access it directly though and pull the data into your software of choice (such as Home Assistant). I'm not sure if the the SunSynk works on Deye but, to be honest, I doubt I'd switch even if it does work. The solarman HA integration is great, while I don't think there is a Sunsynk one as yet. 

Thank you.i will check it out. 

8 hours ago, MdF said:

I have the Deye 5kw as well. Went straight for Solar Assistant after I found the SS app pretty useless for near realtime monitoring.

MdF

Awesome. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...
On 2022/07/16 at 9:54 AM, MdF said:

MdF

With regards to Solar Assistant, can you get notifications? For example when the batteries are low or any notifications for that matter, hat is my mother's main concern at this moment. The system that is installed is great but not completely optimal, yet, until she has saved more she wants to manage the system a bit more retro(switching off the geyser, etc.)

On 2022/09/03 at 2:17 PM, MichaelZ said:

With regards to Solar Assistant, can you get notifications? For example when the batteries are low or any notifications for that matter, hat is my mother's main concern at this moment. The system that is installed is great but not completely optimal, yet, until she has saved more she wants to manage the system a bit more retro(switching off the geyser, etc.)

they are working on notifications for an upcoming build - so this will be added in the next few months

• 4 months later...

I have just installed a deye 8Kw inverter and am very disappointed with the Solarman app as I cant change any parameters and it doesnt report in real time. What is the best solution to this problem? Should I get the Solar Assistant or what?

2 hours ago, Stu_D said:

I have just installed a deye 8Kw inverter and am very disappointed with the Solarman app as I cant change any parameters and it doesnt report in real time. What is the best solution to this problem? Should I get the Solar Assistant or what?

Solar Assistant will sort you out with minimal fuss - ticks both requirements you currently are lacking

Having said that if you registered on Solarman Pro / Business as an installer you could get access to functions such as remote setting updates

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. We just installed a Deye 12 KW Inverter. Unfortunately the wifi dongle and Solarman Smart App is a total disaster and frustration. 

It works well untill loadshedding or the internet service provider looses connectivity for a while. Then the wifi dongle no longer works. The dongle still sees our fibre wifi rooter - but cant connect to internet. Resetting etc does not work.

The supplier even replaced the dongle - same story. It worked for a day and is now useless

PLEASE HELP!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022/07/16 at 11:28 AM, Speedster said:

Is it possible to access the data directly without additional hardware?

@Gary Waterworth has put together a new option to access the Sunsynk Cloud servers and pull the data from the cloud into Home Assistant using the API

https://github.com/gdwaterworth/Home-Assistant---E-Linter-Logger---Sunsynk

Dead easy to setup, Data is from the cloud so you will need a working internet connection and you need to be using the Sunsynk/rebranded e-linter Dongle and not the Solarman Dongle. 

image.png.3fb8d1002819ba04793a1cd07b41cee4.png

Edited by Sc00bs

On 2023/02/08 at 5:02 PM, Karla Bosman said:

Hi. We just installed a Deye 12 KW Inverter. Unfortunately the wifi dongle and Solarman Smart App is a total disaster and frustration. 

It works well untill loadshedding or the internet service provider looses connectivity for a while. Then the wifi dongle no longer works. The dongle still sees our fibre wifi rooter - but cant connect to internet. Resetting etc does not work.

The supplier even replaced the dongle - same story. It worked for a day and is now useless

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks Scoobs

As the above , but also check your access point has ctr/rts enabled.

This helps in the noisy 2.4 wifi environment.

Or make sure your access point is on automatic channel selection and reboot it

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022/07/16 at 9:54 AM, MdF said:

MdF

How did you connect to the inverter? My 5kW Deye only has one 485 port and is used for the battery monitoring, see attached.

Thank you!

deye-ports.jpg

1 minute ago, corbrink said:

How did you connect to the inverter? My 5kW Deye only has one 485 port and is used for the battery monitoring, see attached.

Thank you!

deye-ports.jpg

Hard bonding your neutral and earth like that is not allowed. You need to use a relay to do that via the ATS 240 port .

On 2023/03/01 at 9:50 AM, corbrink said:

Thank you!

This is how I have connected SA and the Battery inside the Deye 5kw inverter. The yellow cable goes to the battery, the black cable goes to the SA Pi. But you need to order a special cable from SA to do this.

MdF

IMG_9612.JPG

11 hours ago, MdF said:

This is how I have connected SA and the Battery inside the Deye 5kw inverter. The yellow cable goes to the battery, the black cable goes to the SA Pi. But you need to order a special cable from SA to do this.

MdF

IMG_9612.JPG

What pi are you using? I have a raspberry pi 1b but see they are not officially supported. Don’t want to purchase SA if it won’t work there

12 hours ago, Clayton321 said:

What pi are you using? I have a raspberry pi 1b but see they are not officially supported. Don’t want to purchase SA if it won’t work there

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 as supplied by Solar Assistant when I purchased the system from them.

MdF

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/03/04 at 9:24 AM, MdF said:

MdF

IMG_9612.JPG

Thanks. With SA's cable that port did not work for me. Needed a splitter on the yellow cable's port.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...