AXPERT 5KVA ERROR CODES

Daniel128

Hi there every one

I finally managed to get a connector cable for my Axpert 5kva Inverter to connect to my pc so I can start monitoring my system better.

I have seen I keep on getting repeated warnings for output short circuited 2005 or over temperature alarm 2008 even fan locked alarm 2009 but I can’t find anything wrong or can pinpoint why the system would log those warnings.

Is there any one that can advise me what to look at or maybe it’s a glitch?

Or is it that im running the incorrect software or do I need to update my inverter software?

Please see attached pictures and thank you for all the help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

When I was using Watchpower I use to get several Fan lock alarms a day. Occasionally I would get one or two other alarms. Two years later nothing has happened to my Axpert. The Axpert to my mind has a good shutdown procedure. My family and I have tested the low battery, overload and short-circuit faults and I can attest that the inverter shuts down as it is supposed to under these circumstances.

• 8 months later...
On 7/25/2017 at 3:13 PM, Chris Hobson said:

The Axpert to my mind has a good shutdown procedure. My family and I have tested the low battery, overload and short-circuit faults and I can attest that the inverter shuts down as it is supposed to under these circumstances.

hi @Chris Hobson, i just experienced error 7 on the axpert 5kva. the alarm went on continuous and i switched to grid manually. should the axpert not go to grid automatically in this case as i have program one on sbu? [reason is most probaby the washing machine - 60 degrees setting].

2 minutes ago, gabriel said:

hi @Chris Hobson, i just experienced error 7 on the axpert 5kva. the alarm went on continuous and i switched to grid manually. should the axpert not go to grid automatically in this case as i have program one on sbu? [reason is most probaby the washing machine - 60 degrees setting].

If Program 23 is enabled then the unit should go into bypass mode if there is an overload (Error 7).

• 1 month later...

My Axpert 5kva clone is giving me an 04 (low voltage) error at around 50.3V regardless of the value of program 12 (back to grid) I can set program 12 to any value 50V and below and I still get error 04 at just above 50V.  What determines a low voltage error? Also, the inverter will not revert to battery after exceeding the threshold in program 13 (back to battery) unless I turn off the grid circuit breaker. Help Please.

The Error 4 is determined by the value of program 29 (Low DC cut-off voltage). I no longer have  vanilla Axpert firmware on my machine but If I remember correctly it is triggered when the battery voltage is 4V (or less) greater than the value in program 29. With @Coulomb's LFP firmware it is 1V greater than the value of Program 29.

16 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

If I remember correctly it is triggered when the battery voltage is 4V (or less) greater than the value in program 29. With @Coulomb's LFP firmware it is 1V greater than the value of Program 29.

Actually, 4 V for factory firmware and 1 V for patched firmware is when they stop triggering the battery low condition. 2 V for factory firmware and 0.5 V for patched firmware is where the low battery condition is triggered.

All these figures are relative to setting 29, Low DC cut-off voltage, as @Chris Hobson has stated. So if setting 29 is 52.0 V (only possible with the patched firmware), then the battery low warning should be triggered at 52.5 V, and should disappear when the battery voltage reaches 53.0 V or above.

With factory firmware, if setting 29 is at 48.0 V, the battery warning should come on at 50.0 V, and off when the battery returns to 52.0 V or above. Changing setting 29 to a lower value will lower these thresholds, making it less likely that the low battery warning is triggered. It has to be below or above these thresholds for 200 ms without exception to take effect, so there is not much allowance for brief peak loads like starting motors.

Edited by Coulomb

4 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Actually, 4 V for factory firmware and 1 V for patched firmware is when they stop triggering the battery low condition

Interesting to note the differences used by different manufacturers. Victron inverters running ESS has something called dynamic cutoff, so the cut-off voltage is dynamic and a function of the amount of current you're drawing at the time... but they also have a pre-alarm feature that warns you ahead of time that it is getting close to certain values, and the offset for this is 0.6V. With dynamic cut-off, the pre-alarm triggers at 0.6V above the cut-off for a C100 current draw. So for example, with my 24V system and lithium cells, my C100 cut-off is 26V, so the pre-alarm activates around 26.5V... which is WAY too high. But that is what happens with one-size-fits-all things :-)

Additionally, at very high power levels, the drop on the cable alone could be 0.6V.

Edited by plonkster

On 2018/05/23 at 5:04 PM, plonkster said:

Victron inverters running ESS has something called dynamic cutoff, so the cut-off voltage is dynamic and a function of the amount of current you're drawing at the time

Actually, Axperts have this too, but it only applies when the battery type isn't "user", it has to be AGM or Flooded. But nearly everyone uses "user" battery setting, as otherwise you get little to no control over the various voltages and other settings. Also, it's quite blocky, based on whether the present power consumption is above or below 20% and 50% of maximum (i.e. just three power zones). I guess they do this to tick the dynamic cutoff marketing tick-box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018/05/23 at 4:43 AM, Coulomb said:

With factory firmware, if setting 29 is at 48.0 V, the battery warning should come on at 50.0 V, and off when the battery returns to 52.0 V or above. Changing setting 29 to a lower value will lower these thresholds, making it less likely that the low battery warning is triggered. It has to be below or above these thresholds for 200 ms without exception to take effect, so there is not much allowance for brief peak loads like starting motors.

good afternoon @Coulomb, we over here just had some coffee and 'beskuit' [rusks?] or even breakfast :-) - i get error 4 nearly every morning when some kitchen loads come on. setting 29 is 46v and i am on 'user'. this occurs notwithstanding soc being in the 80s but the condition terminates when i switch to utility. would it be advisable to set 29 even lower, say to 42v in order to overcome this situation. the loads i refer to hardly keep going for more than 5 minutes.

GFod bless!

19 hours ago, gabriel said:

good afternoon @Coulomb, we over here just had some coffee and 'beskuit' [rusks?] or even breakfast :-) - i get error 4 nearly every morning when some kitchen loads come on. setting 29 is 46v and i am on 'user'. 

would it be advisable to set 29 even lower, say to 42v in order to overcome this situation.

My real name is more Dutch than "Coulomb", so I know beschuit quite well. [ Edit : but Aussie born. ] 

I guess lowering the cutoff voltage is OK. I have a 300 Ah lithium battery, and I never see these errors or warnings. It does switch over to bypass mode when the state of charge is low. I'm hoping that when I get around to replacing the weakest cells, even that will stop or at least become quite rare.

Edited by Coulomb

On 2018/06/05 at 7:50 AM, gabriel said:

i get error 4 nearly every morning when some kitchen loads come on. setting 29 is 46v and i am on 'user'.

I had the similar issue at one stage and so dropped  [29] from 46V to 44v which solved the issue for me, I didn't want to go down to 42V, because if I have a grid failure I don't want my batteries reaching 42V before shut down.

It only ever reached 46V for a fraction of a second during inrush currents for high load startup, but was enough to cause the problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2019/07/02 at 11:01 AM, Coulomb said:

I can't find any such fault code generated in Axpert King firmware version 71.80. Could "61" be a typo? 

On 2019/07/02 at 11:01 AM, Coulomb said:

I can't find any such fault code generated in Axpert King firmware version 71.80. Could "61" be a typo? 

Here it is on the back page of Version 1.5 of the manual 

CE0A3B9A-9137-469C-86EE-1BDF7C0104D8.jpeg

On 2019/07/03 at 8:43 PM, BrokenHill said:

Battery type is Pylontech US3000

Thanks for the reference to warning code 61. I didn't think of Pylontech support; that code doesn't seem to be in the main firmware. It might be in the remote panel processor; I found some code that sets a register to all values in the range 60-70, but also a dozen or so other codes: 32, and many ≤ 16, even down to 1. I note that the documented Pylontech warning codes are in the range 60-70.

I have no experience at all with the Voltronic code handling Pylontechs. I have two guesses:

• The code was written back when "Pylontech" meant "Pylontech US2000B". There may be some differences or unexpected values when a US3000B is found.
  • Your King is older than January or February 2019 (the exact date isn't documented), and hardware older than that date seems to have had some deficiency that firmware updating can't fix. For example, if you had a machine manufactured December 2018 and updated the firmware to 71.80, it would appear to have Pylontech support, but the hardware deficiency means that it doesn't actually work. I have no idea what this hardware deficiency is about, except that it probably relates in some way to the RS-485 port dedicated to talking to the Pylontech BMS.

Edit: a third possibility:

• There may be a bug in the firmware (versions unknown at this point), which "broadcasts" setting 05 (Battery Type) to paralleled inverters (that might be normal and expected, I haven't checked), but the inverter(s) that don't connect to the battery think it's their job to do so, and report fault code 61 (Pylontech communications lost) because they can't find the battery. As far as I know, it only makes sense for one inverter to connect to the battery.
Edited by Coulomb

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019/07/04 at 1:10 AM, Coulomb said:

PM sent.

@Pieter Annandale, that means I send a Private Message, and you should check your inbox (envelope icon at the top of every page of this forum). The links have expired by now, so please remind me to host the files separately and send new links.

With respect to fault code 61 (error 61), I added a third possibility above.

Edited by Coulomb

• 4 weeks later...

i recently purchased inverex axpert inverter 3.2 and installed it myself in the first month it ran good no problem and now it is showing warning code 32  continuously and not charning battery on line mode nor on pv mode the manual description for warning code 32 is [communication interrupted] i don't know how to handle please somebody help