Heads-up: Infini (branded Renesola) on special

Langeraat

Topology: Transformerless... pffft :-)

Marketing lingo (it still has a transformer for the battery inverter side), but still something to look out for: The PV input must be higher than peak AC for that to work :-)

1 hour ago, Langeraat said:

For those that are looking for a serious bargain on an Infini 3K (Renesola branded). Looky HERE. It is apparently new stock but without warranty, while stocks last. 

OK so no warranty (I wonder why not).  Although you could parallel 2 and have one as backup.  R12000 discount (darn;))

@AC_MANNone of the Axpert /Infini's can handle LiPo's correctly (as part of standard factory software.

However, @Coulomb and friends from the Aussie Forum have put together special variants of the software for this very combination. 

Try 

or just use the search function here for "Axpert Firmware"

Read the Aussie form post as well.

2 hours ago, AC_MAN said:

Does the new invertor and the 5kva renesola handle lithium batteries if thats the case any recomendations. 

A friend now needs to replace 12x 200ah battery bank. 

Hi AC_Man. Give me a day and I will PM our Pylon special offer to you. We were planning to go live next week but a couple of days probably will not make a difference. Pylon have just brought out a Infini/Axpert compatible firmware for their US2000B 2.4kW Lithium batteries.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

OK so no warranty (I wonder why not).  Although you could parallel 2 and have one as backup.  R12000 discount (darn;))

I just spoke with sells person from Bonanza . He sais that inverters are ok, not damaged and reason for that price is that Renesaol is withdrawing from residential kit market and going for the big ( industrial, block of plats etc) Unfortunately these inverters are not stackable.

2 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

I am sorely tempted. The Infini is a good machine and the lack of warranty I would accept at that price and take a chance.

I agree Chris. At that price point I have taken the plunge and bought it. Time will tell whether it was the right move. Apparently they could be repaired through Mecer at cost of repair if anything does go wrong in future.