Sonoff smart switch

Chris Louw

Hi Guys

I am looking for a way to control my lights at the DB board. I want a smart device that can switch my lights mcb's off and on via schedule or remotely. I also want to view my usage on the mcb's being controlled plus my total usage. Do you know of anything that can do that?

Son off  do make a energy monitor that can switch by remote called Sonoff Energy Monitor Pow 2 16 amp . I use the Sonoff RF switch to switch by remote and  Wi Fi . This can be used as a timer switch also but no monitor . Schedules and timers can be set on the APP EWelink . These switches can be installed in your DB . Bought the RF switch from Communica .

6 hours ago, Johann1982 said:

Hi Guys

I am looking for a way to control my lights at the DB board. I want a smart device that can switch my lights mcb's off and on via schedule or remotely. I also want to view my usage on the mcb's being controlled plus my total usage. Do you know of anything that can do that?

1) If you mean it serious and want to have a robust system for the whole house, then look at KNX with some central automation like Loxone.
KNX is available worldwide, but I'm not sure whether Loxone has a presence in the SA, or whether there's some other automation used widely.

2) Other option is Fibaro and zwave. Not so robust like KNX, but it's fun to play with. Check my thread as I'm using Fibaro for everything: https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/?do=findComment&comment=37703

image.png.9f5e2d5de5a487564cb4a1954f658336.png

Edited by Youda