My software

___

So with everyone talking about their software, I thought I'd show off mine too. Here it is running in a screen session. I can ssh in from anywhere and attach to the screen session to check up on it. I've been meaning to add a database to it for a long long time, though I'll likely go with logging to graphite, just because that already knows how to draw charts, and has a semi-userfriendly interface for making more.

post-157-0-62533800-1448822878_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

So with everyone talking about their software, I thought I'd show off mine too. Here it is running in a screen session. I can ssh in from anywhere and attach to the screen session to check up on it. I've been meaning to add a database to it for a long long time, though I'll likely go with logging to graphite, just because that already knows how to draw charts, and has a semi-userfriendly interface for making more.

Plonkster, what is that "Mains Voltage" of 7.08V?

No idea. It's supposed to be zero because the breaker on the input side is off. Either a small bit of leakage is detected, or the measurement is off, or there is some kind of rounding error in my code. As I recall the official Victron software shows the same, so I doubt it's a bug in the code.I probably should check what the DMM says... so far it hasn't bothered me enough to do something about it.

I got out the Digital Multimeter, it reads 24V on that line, when unplugged from the inverter. So there's some kind of leakage past the breaker. Or eddy currents maybe. Whatever it is, the reading is probably correct. The discrepancy with the DMM probably indicates it's not actual AC.

Edit: I think I know what it is. Capacitive coupling. Even with the breaker open, what I have is two plates with an air dielectric. So it behaves like a capacitve dropper and it gives me about 20 volts with no current... :-)

Surely its just the interface between software and the inverter that might need tweaking. Have you tried Jaco's or Ed's or Manie's or SolarBob's or Jared's software? Since Affini and Axpert come out of the same stable there is a chance they talk the same/nearly the same language. WatchPower and the Infini propriety software have a very similar look. So as long as you did not issue commands you may be able to log data.

Have you tried Jaco's or Ed's or Manie's or SolarBob's or Jared's software

I like the choice.   :D

WatchPower and the Infini propriety software have a very similar look. So as long as you did not issue commands you may be able to log data.

As I explained to Ed in a PM just now, the infini's "SolarPower" software has a lot of bugs in the interface which makes it a hassle when you issue commands. The current version also only keep the current month's data.  :(

As I explained to Ed in a PM just now, the infini's "SolarPower" software has a lot of bugs in the interface which makes it a hassle when you issue commands. The current version also only keep the current month's data.  :(

I have been using Ed's software for a couple of days now - rocksolid. On my side we had to sort out cabling issues and then the software modification for USB in typical software fashion triggered a whole new set of problems. Ed put an incredible amount of time into solving the USB issue and went down some cul-de-sacs inadvertently. I thought I might be left out in the development since everyone else seemed to be heading the serial route. Ed has really bent over backwards to accommodate suggestions and ideas. I use to keep the LCD screen backlights on for both the inverter and the BMV and leave them on critical displays. Now everything is on my desktop and the backlights are off since the piece of mind I need is a click away. Find a demo Infini and send it to Ed I am sure he will figure it out. 

Solar_Bob. Is your code RS-232 or Native USB ? IF it is native USB then I can have a look at it and port it to AICC as the project is now Open Source.

Sorry Plonky., seems your thread has been hijacked ;-)

At least it is getting some attention! :-)

Since Affini and Axpert come out of the same stable there is a chance they talk the same/nearly the same language. WatchPower and the Infini propriety software have a very similar look. So as long as you did not issue commands you may be able to log data.

They have many of the same commands, e.g. QPIGS, but have grid related extras, e.g. QGOV.

I can't remember how I found this, I think in the middle of some forum reply when looking for Axpert communications manuals (I have one, but it only mentions about a third of the available commands).

http://www.photovoltaikforum.com/download/file.php?id=41146

They have many of the same commands, e.g. QPIGS, but have grid related extras, e.g. QGOV.

I can't remember how I found this, I think in the middle of some forum reply when looking for Axpert communications manuals (I have one, but it only mentions about a third of the available commands).

http://www.photovoltaikforum.com/download/file.php?id=41146

Thanks for that!!!

I think my next project has just started.  ;)