Narada NPFC Communication

charlez

Hi 

I purchased 2 Narada NPFC 100ah batteries. I have a healthy dose of buyers remorse as the comm's seem much poorer than Pylontech and the Narada is not keen to divulge details on their comm's it seems. While ICC has an option to read basic Narada data, whenever I switch this feature on, the app hangs after a few minutes, so this meant inferring SOC from voltage which is sub-optimal. I tried to find details on the protocol from google searches, Narada and my supplier to no avail. What I did find is that a unit "Orion Controller" supposedly able to communicate with the batteries. This device does appear to be quite pricey though. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated. Would be also be great if the Axpert King port BMS could talk to the batteries but looks like this was designed specifically for Pylontech. In that case one would need some sort of middle ware. One could write a simple Python script to do this if one had details on the applicable protocols.

Thanks

Charles

Morning Charlez

I can agree with a lot you are saying here ito Comms available on Pylon vs Narada etc.

I think you might have a different issue there, as I have a set of Narada's running on ICC no issues.

Agreed the volume of information is not on par with the likes Pylon, but one is mostly interested in SOC, Battery Watts, Voltage and then Amps, for me in that order.

I have had over 1000 hours runtime on ICC on the Naradas, and only reset the timer due to a new upgrade I did.

Currently over 260 hours again, no issues.

Ok awesome. I just paid for ICC just waiting for the key. Hopefully I dont have the same issue :( 

Do you know who the Narada SA agents are? The guys that did my installation still haven't given me an invoice after 3 months and now they aren't taking my calls anymore so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle a fault with the battery.  

On 2019/08/19 at 6:59 AM, flamegrilled said:

After a week on the new version of ICC mine starting hanging. I redid the image.Just a thought.

If I may ask what version are you running, I have 2 now, one single battery just over 100 hours, and one with 9 Naradas, going on 300 hours runtime no issues?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi All I have 3 Narada NPFC 100 batteries and an Axpert 5KVA Inverter. My supplier advised me to connect them each directly to a busbar.  Which I did.  I don't know what the right  float charge setting (setting 27) must be.  The manual says float voltage 54V full Charge is 54.5V but my supplier gave me a document saying float charge voltage must be 51.2V? I don't have utility back up or a generator (have been living of the grid with AGM batteries for 7 years).  

Other settings 1) SBU    2) Charge Current 60A    5) USE    13) 51V     16) SnU    26) 54.5V 

Great Forum got a lot of my questions answered here before.  Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 2019/08/11 at 8:51 PM, charlez said:

Hi Charles, Did you find a solution to this? I have some Narada NPFC100 as well and need to do some troubleshooting as they don't seem to be balancing with each other?

Edited by msheps

On 2019/12/05 at 5:09 PM, TommieWol said:

Hi all. Where did you guys source the comms cable converters? The comms cables that came with my 2 nfpc100’s are both RJ45’s on both ends. I found the pin configs on the manual, but not having luck yet on the converters to usb.

Any advice?

HI Tommie. I bought mine from a company called "Diversified Solutions". Contact was Riaan Heath . email them at info at diversifiedsolutions dot coza 

they referred to it as the "narada Comms cable"

• 3 months later...
On 2019/08/12 at 7:27 AM, Riaanh said:

as I have a set of Narada's running on ICC no issues

From where did you source cable ? and at what cost? (Narada rs485 to usb ie)

Edited by Quwatush Shams (Suly)

28 minutes ago, Quwatush Shams (Suly) said:

From where did you source cable ? and at what cost? (Narada rs485 to usb ie)

I bought mine from a company called "Diversified Solutions". Contact was Riaan Heath . email them at info at diversifiedsolutions dot coza 

they referred to it as the "narada Comms cable" It cost me R750 a year ago

3 minutes ago, msheps said:

I bought mine from a company called "Diversified Solutions". Contact was Riaan Heath . email them at info at diversifiedsolutions dot coza 

they referred to it as the "narada Comms cable" It cost me R750 a year ago

Can you please post a pic. I have sent him a mail awaiting response

22 minutes ago, Quwatush Shams (Suly) said:

Can you please post a pic. I have sent him a mail awaiting response

This is the best pic I could find as currently its all wired into an electrical box. It is basically an RJ45 One side then going through the Diversified solutions(beige with writing on it) box to a USB other side.

2020_08_31_16_13_52_Window.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020/08/31 at 4:21 PM, msheps said:

This is the best pic I could find as currently its all wired into an electrical box. It is basically an RJ45 One side then going through the Diversified solutions(beige with writing on it) box to a USB other side.

2020_08_31_16_13_52_Window.png

@msheps... an off topic question... I am about to install a 2nd Narada battery... I see in the manual that you should have a CAN bus resistor on the 2nd battery's open RS485 port but then I have also read that on short distances this is not needed. Do you have on installed? If so, where did you get it?

Thanks in advanced

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2020/09/25 at 9:45 PM, Jay-Dee said:

@msheps... an off topic question... I am about to install a 2nd Narada battery... I see in the manual that you should have a CAN bus resistor on the 2nd battery's open RS485 port but then I have also read that on short distances this is not needed. Do you have on installed? If so, where did you get it?

Thanks in advanced

@Jay-Dee did you get any feedback on this?

On 2020/09/25 at 9:45 PM, Jay-Dee said:

Thanks in advanced

Hi. No I do not have it installed. The last battery is simply left open. It seems to work fine like that