How to link Sonoff on inverter control center software

6 hours ago, Carel_Rossouw said:

I want to switch some devices off when the Eskom power is off. 

I know you can connect the sonoff directly to the circuit you want to switch, but I don’t know if it can be used with software. Maybe there is someone who done it.

You can but it does take a little bit of a fiddle. 

Option one would be to load Tasmota  FW on the Sonoff then you have quite a lot op options. 
I recently saw that SonOff brought a new api to its FW so it could be possible to use thier API as well but I havent played with that , yet. 
For a rules engine I would recommend something like Node Red. The options is endless and fairly easy to do once you got the hang of it. 100% of all my rules run on it and I love it. 
 Rpi is obviously the way to go then..

HI Carel,

If you are willing to do add a little bit of Python, I can share some code with you that I wrote to talk to the built-in MQTT server running inside of ICC already..It's based on the paho MQTT library, and I made it so that it gets installed on the pi automatically the first time you run it.  Once installed, you will be able to query all the values from your inverter like SOC, grid watts, grid volts, etc etc. By default the code already looks at a crapload of information coming from MQTT, so you just need to filter out the ones you don't want.

From there (and this is the code you need to add, which is already in the bottom of the program but commented out) it's simply a matter of publishing to the correct topic (you configure it on the Sonoff when you load tasmota) based on whatever condition you like (read multiple IF statements ;)) and violla, relay on or relay off.

Credit to this post for an example of how to talk to MQTT through Python.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi Carel

I was in a similar situation to you when I recently installed my PV system and wanted to automate when my pool pump is running. 

ICC Software actually offers another application called Advance Power Management that is tied into their main ICC software (https://iccsoftware.co.za/product/icc-advance-power-management-application-only/). With it, you can control Sonoff's that have been flashed with Tasmota (which is really easy to do with the new Sonoff R3's).

Works like a charm for me and can highly recommend.

Cheers