Jump to content

Where to purchase solar equipment?


Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

Im planning on getting a solar setup installed in the next month or so. Looking at buying the following “big ticket” items:

  • Axpert 5kw hybrid inverter 
  • 1 x 3.5kw Pylontech battery 
  • 365w Canadian solar panels (not sure how many just yet) 

I’ve seen pricing on inverter-wearhouse.co.za which doesn’t look terrible. They have a special on batteries too. Does anyone have any experience with them or can recommend other places to purchase from? 
 

Appreciate any assistance. 
Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought from them and had good service . Best to pay at warehouse and collect .Even had a repairs done during guarantee . No problems .

8 hours ago, Rclegg said:

 

I’ve seen pricing on inverter-wearhouse.co.za which doesn’t look terrible. They have a special on batteries too. Does anyone have any experience with them or can recommend other places to purchase fr

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, Louisvdw said:

I asked for a quote on shipping for some panels. Still waiting for the reply (> month)
Perhaps if you can get there in person it would be better, but online shop I cannot recommend.

I had a similar experience with them. Multiple emails and phone calls but zero response. 

My only online purchase was with https://re-volt.co.za/Store/ I had no issues, infact they were very good.

I do all my purchases through @Jaco de Jongh now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Rclegg said:

Hi all, 

Im planning on getting a solar setup installed in the next month or so. Looking at buying the following “big ticket” items:

  • Axpert 5kw hybrid inverter 
  • 1 x 3.5kw Pylontech battery 
  • 365w Canadian solar panels (not sure how many just yet) 

I’ve seen pricing on inverter-wearhouse.co.za which doesn’t look terrible. They have a special on batteries too. Does anyone have any experience with them or can recommend other places to purchase from? 
 

Appreciate any assistance. 
Thanks 

Contact Power Forum Store they may be able to give you better Prices and other options

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SteveFury said:

Contact Power Forum Store they may be able to give you better Prices and other options

The Power Forum store is still in the process of being rebuilded, I am currently busy with that, but struggle to make the time to complete it. I am back to my routine of going to bed at midnight and waking up before 5 every single day just to get through my own installation and supply quotes (And even that is not enough time to complete the requests that fill my inbox on a daily basis). We are currently looking at employing someone in a permanent capacity to assist with completing the Power Forum Store as well as assisting with my own company quotations. Am am currently 3 times as busy as before the LockDown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...