Sunsynk vs Axpert King - noise

DaveP

I have 8kw sunsynk. The fans only switch on when the temp reaches 50° on the 8kw unit and off again at 45°.

It only reaches this temp with continuous solar or loads from the battery of over 3kw. It can be loud when it runs but we've become accustomed to it and it does not switch on for long as it gets the temp down within a few minutes. 

On 2020/10/24 at 12:36 PM, DaveP said:

I have just installed an off-grid system for a client using 3 Axpert King inverters in parallel.

The client is happy except for the noise generated when there is a load (e.g. oven).

What are your thoughts of the Sunsynk in this respect?

I have a King inverter and Installed one at my parents home and then noise is only when the load is high.  doesn't bug me.

On 2020/10/24 at 12:36 PM, DaveP said:

I have just installed an off-grid system for a client using 3 Axpert King inverters in parallel.

The client is happy except for the noise generated when there is a load (e.g. oven).

What are your thoughts of the Sunsynk in this respect?

Thing is, this is going to be true of any inverter with fans.  Notice how all the responses here say "Quiet generally fans go on with load".

Not sure what you'll advise your client but without dBa ratings, it is likely he could have an even noisier setup because everyone here's opinions are subjective.  The general fact is, if you turn on a high load, especially an oven (2.5kW load), the fans are going to run at higher speed and be noisier.

3 hours ago, Gnome said:

Thing is, this is going to be true of any inverter with fans.  Notice how all the responses here say "Quiet generally fans go on with load".

Not sure what you'll advise your client but without dBa ratings, it is likely he could have an even noisier setup because everyone here's opinions are subjective.  The general fact is, if you turn on a high load, especially an oven (2.5kW load), the fans are going to run at higher speed and be noisier.

Hi Gnome

I agree with you on this point.

What I have found out is the following:

• The current Axpert King inverters are in the region of 62db
  • The Sunsynk's are rated at <30db

Ideally, I would use some like the Goodwe 5048d-es which has no fan, but a massive block of aluminium instead.

Unfortunately, they cannot be paralleled (3-phase supply to house) and the manufacturer does not allow for more than one to be connected to the same battery bank.

14 minutes ago, Vassen said:

So over the past 3 days with the temperature rising, I have noticed the fan on my sunsynk comes on for a lot longer and the inverter feeling relatively hot. 

It’s in my garage so don’t care much about the noise but rather the long term effect of the high temperatures. So today I placed a pc fan I had lying around. It’s a lot more silent than the inverter fan. After connecting this fan just powered from a 12v lead acid battery, the built-in fan did not come on for the rest of the day. 

I’ll probably place 2 of them on top and power it through a sonoff th16 to automatically come on when the temperature rises. 

AB52656E-2B4D-4A25-BA3F-568459B6CF68.jpeg

Very clever!

51 minutes ago, Vassen said:

the built-in fan did not come on for the rest of the day

Good idea - sadly this will not work with the Axpert King.  The King seems to ramp up the fans pro-actively the instant load or SCC power increases, perhaps because they use many components very close to their voltage/thermal limits.

• 2 months later...
On 2020/10/24 at 2:00 PM, Achmat said:

I have 8kw sunsynk. The fans only switch on when the temp reaches 50° on the 8kw unit and off again at 45°.

It only reaches this temp with continuous solar or loads from the battery of over 3kw. It can be loud when it runs but we've become accustomed to it and it does not switch on for long as it gets the temp down within a few minutes. 

I have just installed the 8kw Deye which is similar to sunsynk but I must confess that the guy is pretty loud, louder than the MPP GK that I replaced and it even comes on at lower lower loads. So am wondering is there could be something wrong with my set-up. 

I have my CT placed quite close to the inverter, could that be the reason?

Which of the attached temp triggers the fan? DC or AC?

16111096567465035318191899503630.jpg

Edited by ojeysky
Added pics

2 hours ago, ojeysky said:

I have just installed the 8kw Deye which is similar to sunsynk but I must confess that the guy is pretty loud, louder than the MPP GK that I replaced and it even comes on at lower lower loads. So am wondering is there could be something wrong with my set-up. 

I have my CT placed quite close to the inverter, could that be the reason?

Which of the attached temp triggers the fan? DC or AC?

16111096567465035318191899503630.jpg

Both would trigger the fan. The DC would trigger at 55° and the AC would trigger at 50°.

This is my temp reading from yesterday. 

Screenshot_20210120-065646_SOLARMAN Business.jpg