Black Friday / Black November Sales thread

tetrasection

37 minutes ago, Jay-Dee said:

Works out at R23 000 including VAT (annoying / clickbait advertising)

They are sailing VERY close to the wind:

"Even though suppliers may be tempted to a adopt a marketing strategy aimed at luring potential customers by means of displaying the lower VAT exclusive price; vendors are reminded, as discussed above, that it is a criminal offence not to reflect the VAT inclusive amount when advertising or quoting prices in respect of its supplies."

source: https://www.golegal.co.za/prices-advertised-vat/

"ASA Directorate found that the mere inclusion of a statement to the effect that “prices exclude VAT” is not compliant with the provisions of the VAT Act, which in turn means that such advertising contravenes clause 19.4 of section II of the Code."

source: https://businesstech.co.za/news/finance/331579/new-cases-deal-with-whether-south-african-adverts-have-to-include-prices-with-vat/

Edited by Calvin

On 2020/11/02 at 11:08 AM, tetrasection said:

Please post any Black Friday specials you find.

Found these so far:

https://www.livestainable.co.za/product-category/black-november/

Be vary careful about these black-friday/November specials. Case in point on the link above I saw was the Ryobi leaf-blower that's "on special" off from almost R1600, to R1389, but if you shopped around you'd see it at Builders off from R1298 to R1250.

-G-

Edited by gallderhen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020/11/27 at 2:49 PM, Gandalf said:

I took 4 of them

What do you think of your batteries so far?  I have been running my two on and off for a few days now and I have to admit, they are impressing me so far. They are powering my backpack system that isn’t used all the time so I cannot tell long term what their performance will be like. Do you have any feedback? Regrets? 

On 2020/12/07 at 2:51 PM, Solaris said:

Do you have any feedback? Regrets? 

I have been running off grid for the past two weeks now and they are still going strong. I thought that I may end up running empty with all the rain we have had over this time, but I still haven’t had to switch back to Eskom. I am really happy with these batteries. It is sometimes a little difficult to estimate state of charge because they only display voltage. However they haven’t dropped below 51v yet. I think the lowest I saw was 51.2v. I will eventually  get a Victron bmv to get a better idea of charge, but that is for next year. How is your battery performing?

Sorry man I only saw this now. I got two of them and for now I have only used them for limited times. I tried them last weekend and while I didn’t run them overnight I had the inverter running from around 7am to 11pm on Saturday and around 7am to 10pm on Sunday. They handled the geyser, tumble dryer, dishwasher, oven and a couple hot washes in the front loader. They performed well at all power levels and I can tell that I will be returning to buy another two as soon as the funds are available. I see the price is now R21k, but that is still a decent price compared to other second life batteries. Maybe they will have pity on me and let me have the next two at R18k each as well. 😂

• 1 month later...
On 2021/01/20 at 1:44 PM, Solaris said:

I now own Solarphile with its stock.

Very nice, I am happy for you. So now are you going to change your name from Solaris to Solarphile?

On 2021/01/20 at 1:44 PM, Solaris said:

If you want any more batteries, I will give you a good price.. 😁

How good a price are we talking?