RIOT Cloudlink

HubbleLithium

I've had my Sunsynk 5.5kW inverter and 2 x Hubble AM-5 batteries with the Cloudlink device now for 3 months.

Hubble in Cape Town has still not come up with any resolve to date. Which means the device purchased and advertised by Hubble that it works with SunSynk inverters and their AM-5 batteries - is unfit for its purpose as result of Hubble not sorting out their software issues for the Cloudlink.

The cabling of the Cloudlink was done 100% correctly as instructed by Hubble support.

So I am at the point of returning it - via the installer I purchased it from and getting a refund as its only 3 months old, and Hubble cant seem to find a solution for the problem.

I still want to monitor whats going on in my AM-5 batteries (separately) and the BMS. Because the batteries were the most expensive part of the set-up. And the Sunsynk inverter app cant give me that info. Its only gives you the very basic combined status data of the 2 batteries.

Because the Cloudlink doesnt work with the AM-5 batteries I cant get that data now.

Has anyone on this forum with the very same setup (AM-5 batteries and not AM-2's + Sunsynk inverter) ever got their Cloudlink to work as it should?

It can't just be my new set-up surely.

Edited by snoops

• 1 month later...

This cloudlink is really not worth anything.

I have 2 am-2  batteries --were not working well --support told me i need a firmware update. Went through all the hassle of getting the cable from them--did the upgrade --no idea if it worked or not. Hubble said I need a cloudlink so they can  log into my system  and check it worked.  I bought one (big mistake). If I use the serial port to get power from my inverter I get very limited info--SOC - pv input etc---no other info on my batteries like cel voltage  equalization staus etc. BUT they then cant log in---If I use the other cable they can log in but i get absolutely no info . So after hours on the phone ( at least 8 )i still have no idea if the update worked , if my batteries are equalizing or if one is faulty.!!!

To try and justify the 3k I wasted all i use the cloudlink for now is to establish if I have enough battery capacity to last the night on a farm that uses the batteries  as their only form of lighting, security camera's and wi fi. Only problem is their system is down so often that its useless  . When its down  i have no idea what is happening with the system and if I need to instruct the staff to run the gennie to charge up the batteries to last the night or not.

Surely if you buy a Hubble cloudlink system the very least you should get from it  is the most basic information you need to know if your batteries are working properly???

Really very disappointed  

P.S system down again

27 minutes ago, GrantRichmond said:

This cloudlink is really not worth anything.

I have 2 am-2  batteries --were not working well --support told me i need a firmware update. Went through all the hassle of getting the cable from them--did the upgrade --no idea if it worked or not. Hubble said I need a cloudlink so they can  log into my system  and check it worked.  I bought one (big mistake). If I use the serial port to get power from my inverter I get very limited info--SOC - pv input etc---no other info on my batteries like cel voltage  equalization staus etc. BUT they then cant log in---If I use the other cable they can log in but i get absolutely no info . So after hours on the phone ( at least 8 )i still have no idea if the update worked , if my batteries are equalizing or if one is faulty.!!!

To try and justify the 3k I wasted all i use the cloudlink for now is to establish if I have enough battery capacity to last the night on a farm that uses the batteries  as their only form of lighting, security camera's and wi fi. Only problem is their system is down so often that its useless  . When its down  i have no idea what is happening with the system and if I need to instruct the staff to run the gennie to charge up the batteries to last the night or not.

Surely if you buy a Hubble cloudlink system the very least you should get from it  is the most basic information you need to know if your batteries are working properly???

Really very disappointed  

P.S system down again

Solar Assistant is the answer, but then they will probably threaten you with warranty cancellation as per the new terms published. That Riot Cloudlink thingymabob, in Afrikaans it is said "dit is 'n goeie plan wat sleg werk".