RIOT Cloudlink

HubbleLithium

Hello Community,

The RIOT Cloudlink is causing a stir in the market currently and we were hoping to announce in the next month more about it, however we have been inundated with questions and we have been asked to release a sneak preview for discussion.

WHAT IS RIOT

RIOT Systems with Hubble Lithium have developed a A.I. comms device that enables the Hubble range of Lithium batteries to have full CAN Bus and Cloud monitoring capability.

spacer.png

The RIOT device is an optional addon to the Hubble X and AM range of products and will allow your Hubble to integrate with almost any CAN bus Inverter including SMA, Victron, Growatt, GoodWE, Sunsynk, Deye inverters on the market. This is made possible by the RIOT CAN bus protocol, which encapsulates 5 CAN bus protocols.

Current Development
The RIOT is in Beta testing to add Axpert and Phocos inverters for full communication and cloud monitoring for the Huble range of Lithium batteries. What this means is that there will be 2 way communication and full integration released in the next few weeks with a firmware update OTA for your RIOT device that will enable full Axpert integration with the AM Range, and X-200 batteries. (The X-100 is not supported for 2-way Axpert integration. Only monitoring).

Whats next?
We will release the Phocos Any-Grid firmware update OTA in the next 7 days for full 2-way integration between the AM-2 and the Phocos inverters. Our partnership with Phocos to integrate the Hubble range of batteries have been a priority since 2020.
14 days after that we should be ready to release Axpert MKSII, VMIII, KING & MAX Protocol firmware updates to enable full 2-way communication.

Where can I get a RIOT?
The Powerforum store will be a distributor of the product.
We are looking forward to their review of the product.

More information will be made available in due course. You can read more here or see a demo of the Cloudlink Dashboard in Action on the following link: https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/riot.html

3 hours ago, Energy-Jason said:

This is fantastic! When can be expect full compatibility with the Axpert range? @HubbleLithium

Sincerely

Jason

Hi Jason,

Axpert MKSII, VMIII, KING and MAX integration is complete and is being beta tested currently. We expect to release the OTA firmware update to the stable branch in 2 weeks.

Note that only the Hubble CANbus batteries is supported for Axpert integration at this point in time.

1 hour ago, HubbleLithium said:

Hi Jason,

Axpert MKSII, VMIII, KING and MAX integration is complete and is being beta tested currently. We expect to release the OTA firmware update to the stable branch in 2 weeks.

Note that only the Hubble CANbus batteries is supported for Axpert integration at this point in time.

Awesome! After 8 years of running this forum I have finally saved up to get a battery backup for now. It will be the sunsynk and the Hubble. I am going to definitely add the riot! In a few months when funds are available I will add the solar. Great work on a genius device!

Sincerely

Jason 

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Jacques69 said:

I have my RIOT but can not log in or do anything. Still waiting for the UI to work

Hi Jacques69,

Please Pm me your serial number and your email address. We can set it up manually and provide the login.

32 minutes ago, Kill_switch said:

That's not great news, I have ordered a RIOT, quite keen to see it work with the Hubble-AM2 and Sunsynk

Hi Kill_switch,

You dont require a RIOT to make the AM-2 work on the Sunsynk. The AM-2 has built in CANbus.

You can use the RIOT for cloud monitoring in your case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi Jacques,

You can connect the RIOT directly into your VMIII now and it will work. Do you have the RS232 to RJ45 connector? If not we can supply. 

You will also have 2 dashboards soon. One specifically for Inverter & Battery combined. Once you have it pluged directly into your inverter please let us know and we can check/update the graph.

If you can please send the support request to [email protected] and the helpdesk technicians can resolve the issues.

Edited by HubbleLithium
typo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nvw1104,

You can download the latest manual here: https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/uploads/1/3/5/0/135079623/riot_cloudlink_installation_manual_2_1_8.pdf

There is only 1 Serial port on the RIOT, so you can either plug into the X-100 Serial or the Inverter serial. I would suggest connect the inverter serial port and it will monitor the inverters and battery SOC through the inverter. The Cloudlink cannot do 2-way comms with the X-100. All the other models like the AM series can do 2-way comms through CANbus from the battery to the serial of the inverter.

For more assistance please email [email protected] and they will be able to assit with setup on the portal and the hardware.

• 2 months later...