Pylontech US3000C Firmware

Henwilsch

As many above alluded,  there are two series of the US3000C battery. 

Up to about middle of Covid, the US3000C had the original hardware with a firmware version that reached up to V2.7, if I remember correctly. 

As many others at the time, Pylontech ran into component problems and changed the internal electronics and restarted the firmware version, as the two HW versions are NOT compatible.

There are no visible distinguishing makes on the outside so you can have either HW version of the US3000C.

DON’T upgrade batteries with V1.x firmware (the new hardware) with the V2.x firmware (for the old hardware) - IT WILL BRICK your battery!

Using the Zipfile version upgrade process, which are clearly described in the PDF instruction document, you should be fine.

Again READ THE PDF instructions  first!

2 hours ago, Randmental said:

As many above alluded,  there are two series of the US3000C battery. 

Up to about middle of Covid, the US3000C had the original hardware with a firmware version that reached up to V2.7, if I remember correctly. 

As many others at the time, Pylontech ran into component problems and changed the internal electronics and restarted the firmware version, as the two HW versions are NOT compatible.

There are no visible distinguishing makes on the outside so you can have either HW version of the US3000C.

DON’T upgrade batteries with V1.x firmware (the new hardware) with the V2.x firmware (for the old hardware) - IT WILL BRICK your battery!

Using the Zipfile version upgrade process, which are clearly described in the PDF instruction document, you should be fine.

Again READ THE PDF instructions  first!

Correct!

The safest way is to use the flashing tool included into archive; read the included pdf.

Flash using the instructions , as Randmetal said; check inside the attached archive; downloaded from Effekta site. last version; https://www.effekta.com/download/firmwareupdate-for-us2000c-3000c/

Note: if you flash entire zip, with both bin files inside, the flashing tool will identify what type of processor you have (new or old; v2.xx or v1.xx) and will flash automatically the correct file;  flash by using the tool from archive. this is the safest way to flash; don't flash only the bin file, you risk to don't match the correct version with HW;

image.thumb.png.ab2a61cf949a94a09191122c8a7c4ad6.png 

Firmwareupdate Pylontech US2000C_3000C V3_0.zip

Edited by Solar RO

23 minutes ago, Tinbum said:

BatteryView 3.0.28 is fine to use- it selects the correct file for the inverter. Their is a new BatteryView 2.0.29 but i've not been able to find it yet.

3.0.28 is ok indeed.  I flashed 1.4 (again 2 files in archive) with him. And later flashed 1.7 using the flashing tool inside Effekta's archive, also detected the correct file for battery. 

but not sure about previous versions of battery view. 

good to know about new version, thx 👍 

Edited by Solar RO

16 minutes ago, Solar RO said:

3.0.28 is ok indeed.  I flashed 1.4 (again 2 files in archive) with him. And later flashed 1.7 using the flashing tool inside Effekta's archive, also detected the correct file for battery. 

but not sure about previous versions of battery view. 

good to know about new version, thx 👍 

I think 3.0.28 was the first to use the self select method.

I asked the person who was given 3.0.29 by Pylontech for a copy but he's just replied 'go to pylontech as not all versions work with all batteries'. (Oh, I do like people that ask for help on forums and then don't help others!!)

12 hours ago, Tinbum said:

I think 3.0.28 was the first to use the self select method.

I asked the person who was given 3.0.29 by Pylontech for a copy but he's just replied 'go to pylontech as not all versions work with all batteries'. (Oh, I do like people that ask for help on forums and then don't help others!!)

You are correct, version 3.0.28 is the first version to use the self select method. Its pretty clear in their SOP document. 

Serial numbers containing E2 or C3 contain the newer BMS Chipset and requires 3.0.28 or higher. My advice, only use 3.0.28 and above using the relevant zip file that Pylontech sent. 

image.thumb.png.b7055a1ba617b3e919c3ce9799f6ff48.png

So, to try summarise, what are the latest firmware versions?

I have:

UP5000 - V1.8 (bought today - is this the newest FW? )

US3000C - V2.8 or V1.7, depending on your specific model number

US3000A - V3.4

US2000+ - V3.4

Edited by markus_m2

1 hour ago, markus_m2 said:

So, to try summarise, what are the latest firmware versions?

I have:

UP5000 - V1.8 (bought today - is this the newest FW? )

US3000C - V2.8 or V1.7, depending on your specific model number

US3000A - V3.4

US2000+ - V3.4

I cant comment on the UP5000 but the rest is correct from what i have downloaded. 

• 1 month later...

As a US3000C owner, I hope this post is useful to others.

How to upgrade US2000C, or US3000C firmware, the easy way. This firmware included here is for US2000C and US3000C only.

To summarize: If you want to upgrade your US3000C firmware safely, and easily, use the tool posted here below. It takes care of both versions of hardware, and is basically just a trimmed down version of the Batteryview tool, that can only do firmware upgrades.

Download the tool, select the "NT1.7+ST2.8.zip" file (included in the main zip file), Connect, and hit "Program".

https://www.effekta.com/download/firmwareupdate-for-us2000c-3000c/

And in case the original Zip File at Effekta.com disappears, here's a google drive link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzO0NFP4GA_Q-YSCV__G4R4CiAzwpEpR/view?usp=sharing

Edited by TheRoDent

On 2023/01/26 at 6:59 PM, Solar RO said:

Correct!

The safest way is to use the flashing tool included into archive; read the included pdf.

Flash using the instructions , as Randmetal said; check inside the attached archive; downloaded from Effekta site. last version; https://www.effekta.com/download/firmwareupdate-for-us2000c-3000c/

Note: if you flash entire zip, with both bin files inside, the flashing tool will identify what type of processor you have (new or old; v2.xx or v1.xx) and will flash automatically the correct file;  flash by using the tool from archive. this is the safest way to flash; don't flash only the bin file, you risk to don't match the correct version with HW;

image.thumb.png.ab2a61cf949a94a09191122c8a7c4ad6.png 

Firmwareupdate Pylontech US2000C_3000C V3_0.zip 1021.19 kB · 19 downloads

Firmwareupdate Pylontech US2000C_3000C V3_1.ziplatest update, it includes v 1.8 and 2.8 for new & older chipset; the archive is no longer on effekta's site

Edited by Solar RO

50 minutes ago, PurePower said:

You meant to say v1.8 is for the newer chipset

Has anyone loaded v1.8? What has changed from v1.7?

Now it shows SOC 100% more often, previously it stayed at 98-99%; better standby management, that's all for now

I would like to ask you for information.
I have a Growatt SPF 5000 ES set and the Pylontech US3000C batteries.
First I had only one battery (Soft Version v1.4).
Because I knew I wanted to buy two more batteries, I only used it very carefully.
Now I bought two batteries with soft version v1.7.
Isn't there a problem that batteries have different versions of the firmware?
Thank you very much for your answer.

18 minutes ago, yare said:
Because I knew I wanted to buy two more batteries, I only used it very carefully.

No, its not a problem, just use the newest battery as the master.

2 hours ago, yare said:

Yes, use the newest as master, having the most  recent firmware,  as Tinbum said. 

I believe that it's matters also if you have the battery connected to inverter or not. But this I think is not applicable to you, having Growatt and Pylontech combination.

However,  is recommended to have same firmware on all batteries for same brand,  it's avoid having balancing differences.

I experienced this with older firmware to a stack of four Pylontech 3000C,  had the master on 1.7 and two batteries with 1.4 and one with 1.2, purchased at different moments of time. They charge full equally,  but after few weeks they discharged differently. solved by flashing 1.7 to all; now on 1.8.

Edited by Solar RO

Use the tool. It will check whether your battery is the old or new type, and will install the appropriate firmware version.

It sounds like all of your batteries are the newer type that use the lower firmware revision, and will update them all to v1.8.

Using the tool will make sure that it definitely installs the correct one.