Pylontech US3000C Firmware

Henwilsch

1 minute ago, Tinbum said:

I suspect this is 2 problems.

1 A couple of people have had problems updating and have bad BMS.

2 They are starting to produce a new hardware'd battery that needs to be updated by the ZIP file but we don't have that one.

And their for future upgrades 3.0.28 is recommended with ZIp files as you cant go wrong with new or old battery.

I agree with you, I think that sums it up for us then👍

12 minutes ago, Randmental said:

Gents,  read the 3.0.28 PDF - it explains when to use bin and when to use Zip and why

I did as soon as I downloaded it last week but it does not clarify things at all here. It's already been quoted on this thread.

Why their are apparently 2 different versions of firmware with the same number one of which we have been told not to use.. BUT when I've looked at the contents they are identical.

Also why are some of the old type batteries failing on firmware updates. I don't think any of the posters here have the new type batteries. These look to be a bad batch of BMS issue.

Successfully updated 4x US3000A to 3.4 (.bin) and 1x US3000C to 2.7 (.zip) using BatteryView .28 yesterday

Used the latest files posted on this thread and followed the instructions as posted - everything done without a single problem

Thanks to everyone here !!

I was toying with the idea of upgrading the firmware on my new US3000C batteries, but am going to give it a miss for now.

What I did notice, though, is that my new batteries (less than a week old) come with 'Soft version' 1.3 and a release date of 27th December 2021.
I also have C3 as characters 8 and 9 of my serial numbers.
Looking in the zip file for the latest release, there are 2 .bin files:
US_C_NT_V1.4_Crc.bin
us_c_v2.7_Crc.bin

So, it looks like one is v1.4 for the newer models, and one is v2.7 for the older models.
Therefore, if your version is currently higher than 1.4, the you will have the older version.

Do Pylontech have any release notes for their firmware updates? I'd like to know what it fixes (if anything) before updating.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, ChadH360 said:

I was toying with the idea of upgrading the firmware on my new US3000C batteries, but am going to give it a miss for now.

What I did notice, though, is that my new batteries (less than a week old) come with 'Soft version' 1.3 and a release date of 27th December 2021.
I also have C3 as characters 8 and 9 of my serial numbers.
Looking in the zip file for the latest release, there are 2 .bin files:
US_C_NT_V1.4_Crc.bin
us_c_v2.7_Crc.bin

So, it looks like one is v1.4 for the newer models, and one is v2.7 for the older models.
Therefore, if your version is currently higher than 1.4, the you will have the older version.

Do Pylontech have any release notes for their firmware updates? I'd like to know what it fixes (if anything) before updating.

Thanks.

That's a good interpretation of the files and logic being applied in the new BatteryView 3.0.28. If you translate the flow diagram included in the BatteryView zip file, you can deduce the same as you have mentioned. 

Unfortunately I have never seen release notes from Pylontech, it would be really great if they supplied them with the firmware files. 

I successfully upgraded my "older" US3000C to v2.7 with BatteryView 3.0.28 using the firmware zip file. As per Jeff, just use the zip method with BatteryView 3.0.28 and all the thinking will be done by the software :)

Thanks for the motivation :) I ended up upgrading them.

All went through without a hitch. All lights went off, and then at around 79% the device rebooted.
When updating the Master, everything went through as normal. When updating the secondaries, all lights went off on the master except for a solid red alarm light - it returned to normal when the secondary had rebooted.

The third battery had a slight weird issue at the end where it said it had failed to write the coulomb and then prompted for the serial number. But everything seemed normal once it completed.

All batteries are now showing 1.4 :D

I still can't get them to talk properly to my Solax SK-SU3700, but I think that's an issue with the inverter.
I'm now trying to work out where to get Solax firmware updates from :lol: 

21 hours ago, ChadH360 said:

Thanks for the motivation :) I ended up upgrading them.

All went through without a hitch. All lights went off, and then at around 79% the device rebooted.
When updating the Master, everything went through as normal. When updating the secondaries, all lights went off on the master except for a solid red alarm light - it returned to normal when the secondary had rebooted.

The third battery had a slight weird issue at the end where it said it had failed to write the coulomb and then prompted for the serial number. But everything seemed normal once it completed.

All batteries are now showing 1.4 :D

I still can't get them to talk properly to my Solax SK-SU3700, but I think that's an issue with the inverter.
I'm now trying to work out where to get Solax firmware updates from :lol: 

I usually disconnect the entire battery pack from the inverter and switch it completely off prior to upgrading firmware. I then also only switch on the battery module that i want to upgrade and then iterate the same for the remainder of the pack. Only one battery is ever on when upgrading. This will eliminate the issue with the red alarm light from the master. 

Edited by PurePower

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022/04/20 at 3:24 PM, Dave Heat said:

Did anyone work out how to overcome a dead/bricked us3000c? Tried to go from 2.2 to 2.4 and it died at 83%. Now no lights or anything 😞

This happened to me a few years back on my US2000B and i was provided with this BMS Force update tool which did work for me. Essentially its the update firmware window you use within BatteryView but it runs seperately.

Edited by PurePower

• 1 month later...

Hello guys.
I have 2 x US3000C , 1 x US2000C and 1 x US2000B
Now everything works FINE as it is but my inverter will ONLY talk with the US2000B on BMS.
But , as US2000B is older than all the others , it can’t be master , tested and won’t work.

So the only reason for upgrade for me is to try and upgrade the US2000B and see if I can make it master.
Had anyone tested / tried to have the US2000B as master in mixed config ?

6 hours ago, Jaxone said:

Hello guys.
Now everything works FINE as it is but my inverter will ONLY talk with the US2000B on BMS.
But , as US2000B is older than all the others , it can’t be master , tested and won’t work.

So the only reason for upgrade for me is to try and upgrade the US2000B and see if I can make it master.

Did you use the same cable for the c model as on the B model. You will have to change the pinout for the C model. That my me the reason why it is not working

For US3000C I have another cable with RJ45 connector. Connection to US3000C and US2000C works no problem.

The US2000 will just not communicate via console. I made RS232 to RJ12 console cable according to manual.
image.thumb.png.2ef8f1f731df7de139b2cf708b9d4bab.pngimage.thumb.png.7827598d318d1b92abafff8dec258222.png

Manual says I need to use console with RJ11. ( Port on battery has actually 6 pins , so RJ12)

Looking at the battery , only the middle 4 pins are used , so on a RJ12 I won’t use first pin on the left and start from the Pin2 which would be Pin1 on the RJ11

Cable and Satellite Tools - Distributor of Tools for CATV, Satellite, Home  Theater, Security, Telecom

So I am using pins 2-3-4-5 (this would be 1-4 on RJ11).

I connect like:

RJ11             -              SERIAL DB9 Female Connector.

Pin2   RED    -              PIN2

Pin3   GREEN   -          PIN3

PIN4   YELLOW  -        PIN5

But I can not connect to it via console L

I always get this message from BatteryView :

image.png.cd35f5102b1ef87761264523f340783f.png

Edited by Jaxone

15 hours ago, Jaxone said:

Hello guys.

Interesting! Is your inverter a Solax? Which model?
What port are you connecting to on the batteries?
Documentation on the batteries specifically states that the model C has to be the master, and I don't think any firmware update will change that.

Edited by ChadH360
Correction re documentation

1 minute ago, ChadH360 said:

PS for your serial cable, I think Rx at one end needs to connect to Tx at the other  - ie it needs to be a crossover.
I'm not 100% on that, but am reasonably sure. Hopefully somebody else can confirm.

Yes

YES , that solved the problem. I did not get a notification from the forum but I figured out ... well let's try to switch TX and RX ... and it worked :)

So now I can connect on the Console of each battery, on the US2000 with RJ12 and on the others with RJ45.

Now I just have to take the plunge and upgrade the FW....

ChadH360 , I think that is because Pylontech assumes nobody will upgrade the FW on the BMS so newer FW would be backwards compatible ... IF I will upgrade FW we will also test this theory.

Edited by Jaxone

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have x3 US3000 and have never updated the firmware in the last 2 years and dont have any issues so what are the benefits in updating the firmware ? will appreciate some guidance, thanks.

Edited by Jaybabe

On 2022/07/29 at 7:08 AM, Jaybabe said:

Hi All,

I have x3 US3000 and have never updated the firmware in the last 2 years and dont have any issues so what are the benefits in updating the firmware ? will appreciate some guidance, thanks.

As Pylontech never seem to release firmware update notes \ logs, well not that I've seen, I wouldn't know. Generally they say if its working ok leave it alone. (If you were to add new batteries then it may mean a firmware update).

Edited by Tinbum

• 2 months later...
On 2021/10/15 at 2:10 PM, Randmental said:

Sarel,

If I may ask,  are this correct?   We have no experience with the Pylontech batterries on this level,  before the upgrade to V3.4 was done.
This is only aspect  we see that potentially cause those cycling ?

Is it normal for these to fields be empty (Null)? 

hs2021_1176.jpg

Hi randmetal.

Did you get to downgrade your batteries and have batteryview advise both charge and discharge current? i have a similar problem with 4 us3000a and wondering if a downgrade could be the solution (my growatt sph3600 fails when charging with more than 600w.. and cycles up and down in discharge rate)  

52 minutes ago, PurePower said:

downgrade is possible, just select the relevant firmware

I tried to downgrade my us3000a to 2.8.. but i still do not have a charge and discharge advise in batteryview.. is there any place this setting can be set? it might be my growatt that is not working proberly, but for now i would see is i can rule out the pylontechs ( i have 4) and my growatt set above 600w of charging (around 20%) fails to charge batteries. 

in batteryview i do get a message in string output that says:

recommended chg current: 148000 mA 
recommended dsg current -148000 mA

Edited by affer
forgot a minus

18 minutes ago, affer said:

I tried to downgrade my us3000a to 2.8.. but i still do not have a charge and discharge advise in batteryview.. is there any place this setting can be set? it might be my growatt that is not working proberly, but for now i would see is i can rule out the pylontechs ( i have 4) and my growatt set above 600w of charging (around 20%) fails to charge batteries. 

in batteryview i do get a message in string output that says:

recommended chg current: 148000 mA 
recommended dsg current -148000 mA

I have seen cases that certain versions of the BatteryView application does not correctly read the values correctly due to invalid regex within the config files. 

Best way to check is to login as Administrator and use the console. Run the command "pwrsys" and you should see the following:

image.png.bbb4ab7292394d72f4e8ff52e65c7738.png 

I believe these are the values you are after?