Chris-R

Imeon 9.12

Chris, where did you buy the ha01's and any idea about price. CVvan Zyl is referring to one balancer per set of 4 batteries in a string  - therefore with me having 2 x strings in parallel, does this mean I will get away with 2 balancers + a BMV702?

I bought them from Lithuania over e-bay. Paid about R400 each including shipping.

Here is a thread about them.

I see Aliexpress has them for just over $50 and the HA01 for $27. What you need to remember is that the HA02 is equivalent to 3 HA01s or 3 Victron battery balancers.

Definitely the first thing I will buy when I expand my off-grid system.

Yes exactly. I,m talking to the manufacturer to see what price one can negotiate.

Just a quick one. If I decide to change the 2 x 4 strings to a string of 24 x 2v batteries. How would the battery balancing work and what would I need?

thanks

1 hour ago, Chris Rossouw said:

Yes exactly. I,m talking to the manufacturer to see what price one can negotiate.

Just a quick one. If I decide to change the 2 x 4 strings to a string of 24 x 2v batteries. How would the battery balancing work and what would I need?

thanks

For 2V cells you'll have to get something different e.g. one of the Balancell products.

6 hours ago, Chris Rossouw said:

thanks

The HA02 can do from 2.4 V through to 12 V So it can balance 2V cells  at the end of bulk and through absorb. One could also pair cells so that the balancer sees 4V batteries rather than two 2V cells. 

Once you have finished negotiating with the manufacturer I would be in on a 2*HA02 unit. PM me the details.

I am ready to order the 2*HA02 equalisers now. Just waiting for the final price on the units which I will have by tomorrow morning.

The HA02 units ( for 4 x batteries = 48v units )  will cost 35.6 US dollars + freight calculating roughly to between R 750.00 and R800.00 pending on how many units we order.

I expect the 2*HA02 units to be +/- US 68.00 + freight selling at approximately R 1500 to R 1600. I will gladly order any units for the members at cost. I will post the invoice on the forum and members can buy at landed cost.

The units will be directly from Shenzhen Huaxiao factory and the middleman is cut out.

Could you please give me an indication who would be interested?

Cheers

2-HA02.jpg

Hi Chris 

At R750 to R800 I would be interested in 1x HA 02. The 2*HA02 seems to be two units within an enclosure. I have always said that the first thing I would buy for a second solar system is a battery balancer (Victron, HA02, what ever is available as the all seem to work in the same way).

I was tempted by the Victron units at R500 each but that is still roughly double the price of a HA02, since you need 3 of them.

@Chris Rossouw

I would like to take 2 x HA02 units. Please let me know arrangements. I would like separate units, not the combined ones (where the two are installed in one box). Is that possible?

Regards

Cobus

Yes that is the ha-02 units as described above , I will give it till Friday and place the order Friday morning. I would like the other members to have a fair chance to take part in this offer. I will do the payment and let all the members know when the stock arrived. Members can collect or send a courier to collect the item. I stay in Bloemfontein, but deliveries to Cape Town and Johannesburg will not be a problem as I have branches there. I travel a lot and would also be able to deliver to other members, pending how much in a hurry they are to get the item, I am open for ideas. We could also use the postal services.

HA02.jpg

Jason, will be a pleasure to add extra stock for the shop. The more we order the lessor the proportional transport cost. Contact me either on my email or on the forum if you want to.

Thanks - Chris

18 hours ago, Chris Rossouw said:

I am ready to order the 2*HA02 equalisers now. Just waiting for the final price on the units which I will have by tomorrow morning.

The HA02 units ( for 4 x batteries = 48v units )  will cost 35.6 US dollars + freight calculating roughly to between R 750.00 and R800.00 pending on how many units we order.

Hi Chris, is that the freight per unit or for all units together?

I'm interested in 2 x HA02 single units, thanks.

US $ 35.60 was the freight quoted for 2 units via DHL 4-7 days delivery. It does come down proportionally if the quantity goes higher. I will request a freight quotation by tomorrow as soon as I know exactly how many units we are talking about. There is also a danger that if the units become too many, customs might decide they also wants their piece of the pie.

Unfortunately we would not know beforehand as the Chinese sends these parcels out as gifts and mostly it is accepted like that at the customs. In RSA it is very difficult to know beforehand what is going to happen.

2 hours ago, Chris Rossouw said:

US $ 35.60 was the freight quoted for 2 units via DHL 4-7 days delivery. It does come down proportionally if the quantity goes higher.

OK, I'm still missing something. :huh: if the quoted freight was USD35.60, what is the unit price per HA02?