Jump to content

Dyness battery setup --> Deye 8K inverter


MAS

Recommended Posts

@Dyness @Dyness-Tour

 

hi guys want help on my setup with Deye Hybrid 8kv with  2 x A481000 Dyness battery.

 

issue: - no data is being logged on the inverter . See picture .  What should be my battery settings on inverter I have the following as my setting .

 

is the lithium mode correct ?

 

inchecked the cables and both are fine as well for the connection to battery 

 

should I not see more data logged and also data on the BMS 

 

 

FA59965D-6690-42E9-A37A-A3146FE6B8C3.jpeg

857BE26D-D709-4886-9220-C5764C76D36F.jpeg

853F25AA-8CBF-4AB8-9593-DFB46B9B1BA4.jpeg

7E6FE7DC-8F56-49E4-9F93-D0FC04B3458E.jpeg

906812C1-0C32-4146-B2A2-B12A1BA80BC1.jpeg

7B9EF59B-C314-43C9-ABE1-6400A6BDBE43.jpeg

1554B88D-4872-46B3-8AC1-2098ACD512D3.jpeg

6E4B5649-81CC-4B10-8F5A-586ACFB56916.jpeg

83C122E4-D1C7-4603-9700-821D8AC00A87.jpeg

58679087-0391-4335-BB48-F4428CE2716F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dyness said:

Hi 

I have checked your connection Settings and found that they are all normal. Could you please show me the information of Li-BMS?

Thanks

@Dyness-Tour @Dyness @Dyness Engineer Weizhong @Dyness Engineer Zhang
See attached 

do Dyness have a WhatsApp support number I can use to contact ?

 

I follow instructions as per manual . Cable supplied in battery pack. Black marked for Deye 

 

 

 

A5D442A9-5D52-44D5-8429-C7893B0632B7.jpeg

5A0E3950-45BC-409B-97DD-D04433649237.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have similar issue with deye and dyness b4850

for CAN connect try use thes pinout

inverter

4-5 and short 6and7

battery  - 4-5

if you use cable with T568B in both sides:

invetrter

Blue(4)-WhiteBlue(5) and short Green(6)-WhiteBrown(7)

battery

only Blue(4)-WhiteBlue(5)

 

if if you do everything right -you may look on iverter screen battery name (DYNESS) and battery capacity

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, SmittySmit said:

@MAS Did you come right? If so what settings did you have to use?

I set Battery Mode to "Use Batt %" instead of "Lithium" as a work around to the same issue that you faced. I would be interested to hear what is the way to get the A48100 batteries working with the Deye 8KW over CAN.

If you use CAN on the Inverter and make sure you use the cable that came with the A48100 for Deye/Sunsynk it will work with no additional config. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mzezman said:

If you use CAN on the Inverter and make sure you use the cable that came with the A48100 for Deye/Sunsynk it will work with no additional config. 

Thanks but that was pretty obvious based on the large bright yellow labels on the each of the data cables... 😛

I seem to vaguely recall that the data cable is going through some conduit into the inverter. I'll have to take the cover off the inverter to double check that end.
The visible label on the other end of the cable plugged into the master battery just says battery.

I just tried (again) to set the mode to Lithium and got a F58 BMS communication fault. This is the same fault I got when the system was installed six plus months back. The setup has been working flawlessly as backup power since then so this has been a low priority. However it  would be nice to get the inverter talking to BMS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've managed to get this battery working with a LUX inverter and i can at least note that the cable that came with the battery was "old", and no longer compatable with the "current" version of the LUX inverter (they moved the 485 pins elsewhere on the rj45), so don't assume that because the cable is labeled that it should just work.

I crimped my own cable to make it work, but it did actually work in th end. Mode 18 on the Lux The tip for the LUX was actually on this forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator2 changed the title to Dyness battery setup --> Deye 8K inverter

Maybe this could be of some help.

I recently had a Deye 8kw inverter installed with 3x5kwh Dyness batteries. Initially had BMS communications problems but managed to resolve those.

TLDR; Used normal LAN patch cable from Matrix Warehouse instead of supplied cables.

Long version: Due to recent lack of stock everywhere, I sourced the equipment myself and then arranged an installer afterwards to fit them for me. Installer immediately told me that he had issues with recent installs with the included cables not working on this inverter combo (for whatever reason.) I was advised to buy 'straight' LAN cables. These are what you get if you drop into your local Matrix Warehouse and ask for LAN patch cable. The type that connects your PC to your internet router. R 39 for CAT6E 1m premade cable off the shelf.   

The installation was completed with included cables before I got the new cables. Everything worked with the inverter set to Lithium, but of course there was no communications between the inverter and BMS, so they worked like dumb batteries. The inverter measured their voltage and acted according to the thresholds that were manually input. Lithium Mode showed as "00" on the inverter. All other BMS values were similar to those in the photos above including temperature -100.

Cable replacement process was the following.

  • Disconnect the AC grid input as well as AC load breakers.
  • Turn inverter OFF, disconnect DC at inverter.
  • Turn each battery off using its toggle switch.
  • Remove old comms cables.
  • Using new cables, wire inverter CAN port to Battery 1 (Master) IN. Then Battery 1 OUT to Battery 2 IN etc. 
  • Battery 1 (Master) should have DIP 3 set to ON, others OFF.
  • Other batteries should have all DIP switches set to OFF.
  • Next, throw the toggle switches for all batteries to ON. 
  • Press the red button on the master battery only and all batteries should light up together.
  • Connect DC at the inverter, then turn ON the inverter.
  • Reconnect AC breakers

At this point my inverter showed Lithium Mode "Dyness" instead of "00". All BMS setting now seem to be sensibly populated, and some parameters even seem to change dynamically, such as "Max A Charge". And a reasonable temperature displays as well.

You might have the same cable problem. Or not. Maybe only the main comms cable was the issue and I replaced all cables for nothing. (They were cheap enough and it worked.)

 ;) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I have been following this topic and have just changed my cables as suggested. I have two 5kva Deye inverters in parallel and two Dyness BX51100. I get all the information from the batteries on the master inverter but the slave inverter figures are as per the images, all Zero and -100 temp? My lithium mode has remained at 00 on both inverters? 
The issue I am facing is when there is load shedding and I have no PV (night time) I cannot turn on my kettle, hairdryer etc without the system tripping. I get a F29 parallel canbus fault? When I have PV everything is perfect so my suspicion is something is wrong with my battery settings? Any advice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2023/02/11 at 12:35 AM, c.harles said:

Maybe this could be of some help.

I recently had a Deye 8kw inverter installed with 3x5kwh Dyness batteries. Initially had BMS communications problems but managed to resolve those.

TLDR; Used normal LAN patch cable from Matrix Warehouse instead of supplied cables.

Long version: Due to recent lack of stock everywhere, I sourced the equipment myself and then arranged an installer afterwards to fit them for me. Installer immediately told me that he had issues with recent installs with the included cables not working on this inverter combo (for whatever reason.) I was advised to buy 'straight' LAN cables. These are what you get if you drop into your local Matrix Warehouse and ask for LAN patch cable. The type that connects your PC to your internet router. R 39 for CAT6E 1m premade cable off the shelf.   

The installation was completed with included cables before I got the new cables. Everything worked with the inverter set to Lithium, but of course there was no communications between the inverter and BMS, so they worked like dumb batteries. The inverter measured their voltage and acted according to the thresholds that were manually input. Lithium Mode showed as "00" on the inverter. All other BMS values were similar to those in the photos above including temperature -100.

Cable replacement process was the following.

  • Disconnect the AC grid input as well as AC load breakers.
  • Turn inverter OFF, disconnect DC at inverter.
  • Turn each battery off using its toggle switch.
  • Remove old comms cables.
  • Using new cables, wire inverter CAN port to Battery 1 (Master) IN. Then Battery 1 OUT to Battery 2 IN etc. 
  • Battery 1 (Master) should have DIP 3 set to ON, others OFF.
  • Other batteries should have all DIP switches set to OFF.
  • Next, throw the toggle switches for all batteries to ON. 
  • Press the red button on the master battery only and all batteries should light up together.
  • Connect DC at the inverter, then turn ON the inverter.
  • Reconnect AC breakers

At this point my inverter showed Lithium Mode "Dyness" instead of "00". All BMS setting now seem to be sensibly populated, and some parameters even seem to change dynamically, such as "Max A Charge". And a reasonable temperature displays as well.

You might have the same cable problem. Or not. Maybe only the main comms cable was the issue and I replaced all cables for nothing. (They were cheap enough and it worked.)

 ;) 

 

Wow thank you, that is a rather comprehensive answer!

Replacing the cables with straight wired (patch) network cables makes sense as the wiring of the original cables appeared to be straight.

I'll give it a go sometime and report back once I have done so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Resolved by following the advice of @c.harles. I.e., I replaced the data cables with two 1m straight LAN cables for the grand cost of R23.50 for both.

I did still briefly get a F56 Battery Comms fault when I changed the inverter battery settings from Voltage to Lithium but then it got talking and the fault cleared.

Now the inverter is talking Lithium mode to the BMS and identifies them as Dyness.

All ports and DIP switch settings are the same as before. It was literally the cables that needed to be changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Grubscrew said:

I also have a Deye with 2 Dyness BXC51100 batteries. I get almost all of the info except for the SOH. On the inverter it only shows the SOC?

You haven’t given us much info to go on for us to try help…

How are the batteries connected to the inverter?

how are the batteries connected to each other?

What settings are the dipswitches on each inverter?

what mode are the batteries connected to the inverter? Is it Lithium with CAN comms or AGM%?

If you can please take pics of the LiBMs screen, the Battery setup screens and the dip switches as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2023/09/03 at 6:40 PM, mzezman said:

You haven’t given us much info to go on for us to try help…

How are the batteries connected to the inverter?

how are the batteries connected to each other?

What settings are the dipswitches on each inverter?

what mode are the batteries connected to the inverter? Is it Lithium with CAN comms or AGM%?

If you can please take pics of the LiBMs screen, the Battery setup screens and the dip switches as well

Thanks, 

2 batteries connected in parallel. Master battery only dip switch 3 on and on the slave battery nothing. Network Cables to inverter and then from master out to slave in. Via the can/485ports

 

I have attached what I can see. 

 

 

20230906_191114.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Grubscrew said:

Thanks, 

2 batteries connected in parallel. Master battery only dip switch 3 on and on the slave battery nothing. Network Cables to inverter and then from master out to slave in. Via the can/485ports

 

I have attached what I can see. 

 

 

20230906_191114.jpg

Your BMS comms are working as intended. The lack of SoH might be a firmware version issue - i know on the sunsynk i only got it on quite a recent firmware update - might be the same with Deye. What inverter firmware versions do you see?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, mzezman said:

Your BMS comms are working as intended. The lack of SoH might be a firmware version issue - i know on the sunsynk i only got it on quite a recent firmware update - might be the same with Deye. What inverter firmware versions do you see?

Hi this is what I could find. 

20230907_164541.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2023/04/21 at 12:32 PM, SmittySmit said:

Wow thank you, that is a rather comprehensive answer!

Replacing the cables with straight wired (patch) network cables makes sense as the wiring of the original cables appeared to be straight.

I'll give it a go sometime and report back once I have done so.

 

good day SmittySmit, 

thank you for the post , been very helpful, can i please ask if you can post pictures of the invertor and battery with the new cables? 

I am having the exact same issue and have also been using it on Voltage to get it to work and charge the battery . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys

I have 3 x Powerbox Pro batteries in Parallel. I note  the instructions are to open the slave batteries to set the DIP switches of their master modules to slave setting 1. My question is how can I open the batteries when the warranty is voided if the warranty sticker is broken, which will happen if I open the batteries. I am connected to a 12kw 3 Phase  Deye Inverter. 

I can confirm, like other users that the cable that comes with the inverter may not be suitable for BMS comms. I used one for my Internet router.

Edited by Dumid
Incomplete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...