AXPERT 5KVA Firmware

malek94

44 minutes ago, Chris Louw said:

Am I correct to say this Axpert is fitted with a PWM charge controller . The 36Vdc min  volt  and 105 Vdc max volts .

Yes. Other clues: the 50 A current limit (MPPT versions have 60 A, and since late 2015, 80 A), and the unusual main and secondary firmware version numbers.

I've started looking at the external and presume the PV must then be connected to the charger. If that's the case, then I lose the ability for solar energy running my house when there is excess power? Or can it still be configured to operate more or less like it does now with the built-in charging?

1 hour ago, Rod said:

presume the PV must then be connected to the charger.

Yes.

If that's the case, then I lose the ability for solar energy running my house when there is excess power?

No, there is really no major difference having the solar charger inside the same box or outside the box. When there is excess PV power available and you have a house load, it just takes the power from PV as before. When the battery is full and the solar charger is in float mode, a little energy may come out of the battery briefly, which reduces the battery voltage, which causes the solar charger to replenish it. This holds whether the solar charger is internal or external.

You lose minor things. For example, when utility and solar charging at the same time, when using the internal charger, you can limit the total charge current to a value that is good for your battery life. With the external solar charger, the total charge current may exceed that value. But it's pretty rare to be utility and solar charging at the same time.

On 2019/12/30 at 6:23 AM, Coulomb said:

One factory firmware is available (74.40), and a patched version of this is in progress.

Hi sir,

We really appreciate your work on this. I'm on a PF1.0 with 145V SCC and no 64V option and would love to use your patched firmware. I'd be happy to help test where possible if you need a test subject.

Thanks,

Gareth

• 5 months later...
On 2019/12/30 at 6:23 AM, Coulomb said:

One factory firmware is available (74.40), and a patched version of this is in progress.

Hi @Coulomb, any progress on this?  I am looking at buying an Axpert to use as a mains charger and really want to use your Dynamic Charge Control.  If there is no patch yet for this model, is there another model (available in South Africa) that you would recommend?

(Thanks for all the great work)

• 2 months later...

Hi 2 years ago, I've buyed 2 axpert pf1, now I suspect there are two Chinese clones, I use the 2 inverters in paralel, but sometimes I have the problem that they switch to float to early, and the batteries are not full charged.

Attached the sticker of the one inverter, do you recognise as an Axpert PF1? Can I upgrade it?

Thanks a lot.

IMG_20200921_135526.jpg

16 hours ago, Ibzampere said:

Hi 2 years ago, I've buyed 2 axpert pf1, now I suspect there are two Chinese clones, I use the 2 inverters in paralel, but sometimes I have the problem that they switch to float to early, and the batteries are not full charged.

Attached the sticker of the one inverter, do you recognise as an Axpert PF1? Can I upgrade it?

Thanks a lot.

IMG_20200921_135526.jpg

Based on your photo it looks like a genuine version.  The problem with the premature float is a firmware related issue.  You can use to the patched firmware from Coulomb and Webber to fix the premature float issue as well as to add some additional patches

1 hour ago, Bloubul7 said:

Based on your photo it looks like a genuine version.  The problem with the premature float is a firmware related issue.  You can use to the patched firmware from Coulomb and Webber to fix the premature float issue as well as to add some additional patches

Thanks a lot for your information. Now I'm using 2 weco 5,3k lifepo4 batteries, I'm a bit lost with diferents models and versions of firmware, I want to be sure abaut the firmware I need to use, I don't want brick the inversors, wich firmware must I use? 

Thanks a lot for your colaboration.

3 hours ago, Ibzampere said:

I'm a bit lost with diferents models and versions of firmware, I want to be sure abaut the firmware I need to use

It depends on whether you have a 64 V model of a 58.4 V model. Check the range of e.g. setting 26.

Fortunately, 64 V models have a different command to initiate flash updating, compared to 58.4 V models.

If yours is 64 V, you will need patched firmware version 72.20e.

If yours is a 58.4 V model, you will need patched firmware version 74.40e.

18 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

It depends on whether you have a 64 V model of a 58.4 V model. Check the range of e.g. setting 26.

Fortunately, 64 V models have a different command to initiate flash updating, compared to 58.4 V models.

If yours is 64 V, you will need patched firmware version 72.20e.

If yours is a 58.4 V model, you will need patched firmware version 74.40e.

Thanks a lot, the 26 setting is up to 64v then I need the 72.20e...

• 4 months later...
On 2021/02/03 at 4:40 AM, viden82 said:

I have 5048MS PF1 with firmware 74.10 and other 5048MS 64V with 72.40 . Are MPP SOLAR INVERTER firmware 72.40 and 74.10 compatible? Thanks with advance .

No, 74.10 is a 58.4 V firmware, and that 72.40 (there are two, the other one much older) is a 64 V firmware. You can't parallel 64 V and non-64 V machines. The CAN packet data format is incompatible.

With all the different models, it's difficult to parallel machines unless you plan for it up front, and preferably buy the machines at the same time. Unfortunately, life doesn't always work that way.

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, Salazah263 said:

Was the 74.40 released and if so. May i have the link

As usual, it's available from the AEVA topic index, which leads to 

https://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?p=77943#p77943

That's for the patched firmware. If you want the factory firmware, it's probably in the file section of this forum, or alternatively after unzipping the patched firmware, delete dsp.hex and copy dsp_original.hex as dsp.hex. 

• 5 months later...

Have I replied to this before?

Yours is a clone; you may not be able to update the firmware at all, and if you can, it might not work with original Voltronic firmware. They might have patched it to suit their copied design.

You may be able to run factory firmware version 73.00 or patched firmware version 73.00e. Which flavour (LFP or lead-acid/other) of patched firmware depends on your battery.

Both available from the links in this post: PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS inverters.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

That's actually patched firmware copied by the clone manufacturer. The latest is 73.00 or 73.00e for patched (LFP or LC flavours). 

But note that many of the clones that come with 73.00e don't have a bootloader, so they can't be updated at all. One of the patches allows operation without a bootloader (as an unintended side effect, we don't encourage clones at all).