Jump to content
  • 0

New RCT Axpert VMIII / Dyness B4850 communication error (fault code 61)


Len225

Question

Hi, I’m new to the forum and hope someone could please assist. Have purchased a new RCT VM3 5kva with 2x Dyness B4850 batteries to replace my previous Axpert 5kva/ Lead Acid setup. Have connected up the above 100% by the book but now getting fault code 61 (communication failure) between the inverter and batteries. I’m using a custom Comms cable (made up for Axpert King by the Dyness supplier) via RS485 Port.  I have two of these cables and have tried the second comms cable also but the problem continues.
 

The battery PIP settings are as per Dyness manual for Voltronic inverter (pin 3 on on master, all pins off on slave)  but have also experimented around this without success. The inverter setting 05 has also been set to ‘Pyl’on. 
 

Would appreciate any advice! 
 

thanks 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 2019/12/26 at 1:06 PM, Len225 said:

Hi, I’m new to the forum and hope someone could please assist. Have purchased a new RCT VM3 5kva with 2x Dyness B4850 batteries to replace my previous Axpert 5kva/ Lead Acid setup. Have connected up the above 100% by the book but now getting fault code 61 (communication failure) between the inverter and batteries. I’m using a custom Comms cable (made up for Axpert King by the Dyness supplier) via RS485 Port.  I have two of these cables and have tried the second comms cable also but the problem continues.
 

The battery PIP settings are as per Dyness manual for Voltronic inverter (pin 3 on on master, all pins off on slave)  but have also experimented around this without success. The inverter setting 05 has also been set to ‘Pyl’on. 
 

Would appreciate any advice! 
 

thanks 


 

 

I am having a same problem but this time with 3*US2000 pylontech and a Kodak MK .I put setting 5 to PYL but there error 61 started flashing,still on this setting I couldn't change values.After less than an hour the inverter disconnected all chargers and no output.I then put the setting 5 on USE and manage to adjust the values and now seems working.

Looking forward to seeing what will happen in the next hour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2020/03/04 at 12:52 PM, Asto said:

I am having a same problem but this time with 3*US2000 pylontech and a Kodak MK .I put setting 5 to PYL but there error 61 started flashing,still on this setting I couldn't change values.After less than an hour the inverter disconnected all chargers and no output.I then put the setting 5 on USE and manage to adjust the values and now seems working.

Looking forward to seeing what will happen in the next hour.

Make sure you have the comms cable that came with the Kodak the correct way around... On the one end it has a label "pylon'...

Don't ask me how i know this🙈 It happens to the best of us....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I believe that the VM III uses the same version of remote display firmware as the Axpert King (with slightly different behaviour, as small parts of the code are unique to either VM III or King). So it might be worth trying removable display firmware version 02.49 for Axpert Kings (available from the files section of this forum). I have no idea what main VM III firmware is needed to go with this, but there is a decent chance that verse 41.14 (seems common in recently bought VM IIIs) will work. If not, you could request the latest main firmware (and display firmware perhaps) from your supplier. The display firmware handles all the interaction with the battery BMS. BMS direct connection is only available on 5 kW models. Dyness does not specifically appear on the battery type menu (setting 05), but there are 6 BMSs to choose from (including Pylontech). 

Edited by Coulomb
BMS' → BMSs
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I no longer have my VM3 but long story short, my comms issues back in January with the VM3/Dyness B4850 were caused by the battery software and not the VM3 as I assumed. I replaced the VM3 at the time but still had some comms issues with the new Growatt I replaced with until Dyness arranged for the battery software to be updated which sorted it all out.

I believe there were also circuit board issues with some of the late 2019 B4850 batteries and that Dyness have since replaced boards in these batteries. From my understanding of what caused the issues I had and what Dyness has changed since, you should not have the same issues  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...