Pylontech 10 years warranty registration

Bobby Kaucic

Hi all, so yesterday I installed 4 x US3000 Pylontech and went on to the website in order to register for 10 years warranty.
They require pictures and most probably configs that I can provide. I did the installation and configuration my self.

One of the compulsory items on the registration is "Installer Company Name" and I don't have one.
Does anyone know if I can register for a 10 year warranty or any other way to resolve this?

26 minutes ago, Bobby Kaucic said:

One of the compulsory items on the registration is "Installer Company Name" and I don't have one.
Does anyone know if I can register for a 10 year warranty or any other way to resolve this?

When I have added Pylons to my setup myself, I think I used the name of the company that I purchased the Pylon from as Installer

• 1 year later...

Hello folks.

Also just following through on this process, so I'd like to clarify some points if poss...

There are two fields I'm not exactly sure how to fill, paranoid, and I want to get it right, they are:

"Reference Picture"

"*System configuration and system images"

1. So for "Reference..." what do you all use there?
  2. And for *System Config (which looks starred thus required field) what do you attach there?
  3. What about the settings information such as Charge Voltage Limit, Charge/Discharge Current Limit, etc? (which I reckon must be important too)

Thanks. RRG

• 3 weeks later...

Let me tell you the Pylontech 10-Year warranty means nothing , not worth the paper its printed on. And as for the protection they rave about on page 3 of the manual point 2&9 means nothing because when the Battery BMS boards fail and it goes over volt as high as 55 volts  that 1.5 volts above the rated voltage they say you abused the battery and it was at 55 volts for 5 min, they also say if you go over 37 amps you will loose your warranty yet the manual says up to 74 amps? mine has never been over 37 amps but that's the story they will give you,  and then send you a bill for $300 to replace the BMS boards , components you have no control over, 

My questions are where are these Protections?

2) NEW: Dual active protection on BMS level.

9 )Battery management system (BMS)has protection functions including over-discharge, over-charge, over-current and high/low temperature

And now the latset stock they have, are having BMS failure due to inferior chip-sets they had had to use because of COVID , and the boards are failing, if they dont fail they may be able to put new firmware on and not sure how they operate after that?

I would think twice before buying another Pylontech product.

I can only second these sentiments. I am currently dealing with a warranty recall for this very reason. The BMSs are fried & trying to action this warranty is proving very difficult. The product never worked according to its design spec & this is within the 1st 12 months. Sure this may be an isolated case but Pylontech are digging in & this battery was bought from one of the largest suppliers in the country. 

They have replaced at least 2 major components in the BMS & so far the battery cannot be made functional again. It's been close to 3 weeks now & guess what, we still eating from the floor with both the main supplier & the OEM. The Lithium battery market with regards to buying a black box ie. A production battery is starting to become a harrowing experience. 

Also waiting for months on end for a paid for product is also poor practice. I'm sorry to say, if the Pylontechs of this world are this elusive to deal with then I must also concur the 10 warranty is a false dawn when you need it. 

3 hours ago, Ray Aus said:

And now the latset stock they have, are having BMS failure due to inferior chip-sets they had had to use because of COVID

Yip, this is true throughout many markets, not just solar. The supply chain has been decimated by this COVERT (event201), and I sympathies with suppliers trying to stay afloat any way they can, because if they don't sell stock they will go out of business, and if they sell substandard stock, the recalls will sink them too. 🤔

The installers are between a rock and a hard place, and the customers are screaming for reliable kit to get them through, as Eskom continues to fail.

Unfortunate, but interesting times ahead.

On 2022/06/23 at 7:26 PM, Steve87 said:

I can only second these sentiments. I am currently dealing with a warranty recall for this very reason. The BMSs are fried & trying to action this warranty is proving very difficult. The product never worked according to its design spec & this is within the 1st 12 months. Sure this may be an isolated case but Pylontech are digging in & this battery was bought from one of the largest suppliers in the country. 

They have replaced at least 2 major components in the BMS & so far the battery cannot be made functional again. It's been close to 3 weeks now & guess what, we still eating from the floor with both the main supplier & the OEM. The Lithium battery market with regards to buying a black box ie. A production battery is starting to become a harrowing experience. 

Also waiting for months on end for a paid for product is also poor practice. I'm sorry to say, if the Pylontechs of this world are this elusive to deal with then I must also concur the 10 warranty is a false dawn when you need it. 

And that’s why I stand by Hubble in that they have always honoured their warranty. Whether it was a faulty cell or a blown BMS, they have always either replaced the battery or replaced the BMS without any questions asked. 

57 minutes ago, Leshen said:

And that’s why I stand by Hubble in that they have always honoured their warranty. Whether it was a faulty cell or a blown BMS, they have always either replaced the battery or replaced the BMS without any questions asked. 

Some more feedback on this Rodeo: Pylontech has accepted the warranty claim & released the original amount paid for the units. I must admit, that was the only possible positive outcome that all parties could have hoped for. 

This has taken close to 4 weeks. They did honour what they said they would, however, it took a lot of lobbying & not accepting a repair, to date they still cannot get the BMS to function again. I would not have wished this on anyone. If you were alone in this situation I do not think this outcome would have been possible, but buying from a large reputable supplier helped. The original installer of these could not have been bothered. The customer called him many times to get some assistance & closure. Unfortunately, this was a hit & run type of installation. Once the kit was in he was never heard of again. 

The worst part is that there is a short fall in the replacement units that were chosen (different brand ) as the installer charged a different price for these than the Suppliers cost. So that is a whole other Rodeo that begins...

Choose your installer & equipment wisely. I had one of the smartest clients recently that requested all the warranty docs & insisted on a service agreement been drawn up before they accepted us to carry out the installation. I think that is exactly what is required. If the installer does not want to provide this beware you may have a Cowboy Outfit 🤠

55 minutes ago, Leshen said:

I’m sure the pro Pylontech members will give some input. 

I would love that,but even Pylontech China cannot validate why the BMS failed, they say over voltage , I say your BMS failed to control and the battery recorded up to 55volts for a few min, you want to tell me 2% over volt and I'm in for $300 because your Protection does not do its job? Well yes they say we are looking at improving these protection devices, So while they looking at improving the product we must pay for something out of our control? When running in BMS mode I cannot over ride any control of the battery, if it wants 37 amps that's it cannot change the values if it says  14 amps that's what it gets.

But to cut a long story short have paid because of the load shedding and need the darn battery, replaced it yesterday afternoon and its working like a charm max voltage 53.2 volts something that I cannot change, if I could I would set it at 52.6v , they blame the inverter the inverter people blame the battery.

I have now sent them each others details and they better sort out who is at fault, and will not stop the fight for what is right.

@Ray Ausyou are spot on. Looks like this BMS did exactly the same thing. It went into a very high alarm state & never came out of it. What model of Pylontech did you encounter this problem with ? Yes 2% & running direct Comms to the inverter should really warrant that this is not your fault not your problem. 

But when it loadsheds it is directly now your problem to fix. Blast it !!!

1 minute ago, Steve87 said:

@Ray Ausyou are spot on. Looks like this BMS did exactly the same thing. It went into a very high alarm state & never came out of it. What model of Pylontech did you encounter this problem with ? Yes 2% & running direct Comms to the inverter should really warrant that this is not your fault not your problem. 

Yes, you do your own research and decide that this product looks like the right way to go and then this happens 18 months down the line, And it is the US3000C the at the time the New improved bla bla bla,  and for 18 months never one problem.  And have put it all back same inverter same network cable same settings for the BMS and its running perfect. So hence the reason for my first post.

The warranty is not worth the paper its written on. 

Beware folks. 

18 minutes ago, Steve87 said:

Sorry forgot to tell you , yes same story RED LIGHT on and Alarm screaming.

Our problem model was the Force L1 which is based on the US3000 just packaged differently into big blocks that are stackable. Has a master BMU on top sorting out all the 3.5kWh battery blocks. Same story, amber amber lights up & the BMS becomes like a bank robbery alarm. 

On 2022/06/23 at 10:36 PM, TimCam said:

Yip, this is true throughout many markets, not just solar. The supply chain has been decimated by this COVERT (event201), and I sympathies with suppliers trying to stay afloat any way they can, because if they don't sell stock they will go out of business, and if they sell substandard stock, the recalls will sink them too. 🤔

The installers are between a rock and a hard place, and the customers are screaming for reliable kit to get them through, as Eskom continues to fail.

Unfortunate, but interesting times ahead.

Hi, I see by your comment you are awake to more than just the Warranty scam. 🐑 🧬💉

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...