Opinion on MicroCare Inverters

Cuberice

I have a dumb offgrid inverter and I can say that I wish I had spent a little more on a smart true hybrid so it would just work with fewer panels and batteries. 

Offgrid systems with offgrid inverters are still fine if you have R300k for panels and batteries. 

It's funny because you would think the cheaper offgrid inverters would be budget friendly but you get the most out fewer batteries and fewer panels with a smart hybrid.

• 1 month later...

I am 15 months off-grid with a 10kW MicroCare Inverter. 

My system:

10kW MC Invertor

9kW of solar panels 

3x 60A MPPT's 

2x 7.4kW LiFePO4 SolarMD batteries (so they work with LiFePo4) 

Cost: R250K wich includes all cabling, connectors, combiner boxes and consumables and a 7kVA backup generator. Self installed. 

With the current 15% increase my payback period is just over 5.5 years. I am on a farm (I had transformer rental that was about 65% of my monthly account). In my mind a no brainer. 

Problems experienced: None

How long without power due to weather: Once for about 2 hours. 

Self inflicted power outages: Twice, but that is a story for another day. 

19 minutes ago, LouisT said:

I am 15 months off-grid with a 10kW MicroCare Inverter. 

My system:

10kW MC Invertor

9kW of solar panels 

3x 60A MPPT's 

2x 7.4kW LiFePO4 SolarMD batteries (so they work with LiFePo4) 

Cost: R250K wich includes all cabling, connectors, combiner boxes and consumables and a 7kVA backup generator. Self installed. 

With the current 15% increase my payback period is just over 5.5 years. I am on a farm (I had transformer rental that was about 65% of my monthly account). In my mind a no brainer. 

Problems experienced: None

How long without power due to weather: Once for about 2 hours. 

Self inflicted power outages: Twice, but that is a story for another day. 

I am glad that you came up for Microcare, when I made a decision on Sunsynk for my solar install, I received very mixed reviews on Microcare, the worst were from industry insiders based on historical and anecdotal information, yet non-solar industry people who had visited their factory were quite impressed. I made a decision on Sunsynk which I haven't regretted to date, but at the same time always wondered about the true status of service from MC. Yours is the first positive first-hand review that I have heard about.

Is your MC inverter a hybrid inverter?

I am also interested in your 60A MPPTs -- who manufactures them?

1 minute ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

I am glad that you came up for Microcare, when I made a decision on Sunsynk for my solar install, I received very mixed reviews on Microcare, the worst were from industry insiders based on historical and anecdotal information, yet non-solar industry people who had visited their factory were quite impressed. I made a decision on Sunsynk which I haven't regretted to date, but at the same time always wondered about the true status of service from MC. Yours is the first positive first-hand review that I have heard about.

Is your MC inverter a hybrid inverter?

I am also interested in your 60A MPPTs -- who manufactures them?

As far as I know it is a hybrid invertor, but for my purposes it is irrelevant (off-grid). 

My MPPT's are from MicroCare. 

IMG_20200726_140252.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted on the forum in a long time.

Our system consists of 3750W of panels, a 100A MicroCare charge controller, a 5kW Microcare inverter and 12 165 Ah Narada lead carbon batteries. These were from days before the fancy batteries of nowadays.

The system has been running for nearly 6 years now.

My only expense thus far has been for a replacement fan in the inverter. I think it cost R140 from ACDC, about a year ago.

• 2 years later...

We had a problem with our Microcare Inverter and have tried to get some sort of resolution from management and they are completely disinterested, and in fact, rude. We feel frustrated having bought from SA rather than China believing that we would have more technical support buying local.

Our new inverter is Chinese and it is brilliant.

Microcare NOT TO BE RECOMMENDED.

Very disappointing.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately Jules Hendry's comment above is spot on. 90% of the people that work there are quite rude and this includes the response from one of their directors as well.

I have installed quite a few Microcare systems. I can honestly say that it is a descent product, very little issues as far as hardware goes.

UNFORTUNATELY their service is realy horrible. We have since stopped installing any Microcare products.