Conderergy/Svolt 51.2V 1C battery anyone have one? ?

Is the Conderergy/Svolt 51.2V 1C 100ah rack mount battery any good? I have heard that Svolt is a large manufacturer of E-Automotive vehicle batteries in China with quality products. The specs I found show it is 1C capable. Price wise they are between R23900 and R30000 depending where you buy them which seems to be good value for money. 

Does anyone have any info or views on this product? 

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20230504_161746_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Crazi098

On 2023/05/05 at 9:44 AM, Eurard said:

Yes I have one, so far zero complaints

My settings:

Bulk/absorb = 56.8V

Float = 53.6V

Hi Eurard. Also keen as well to get one of these. Seems owned by GWM in china they are big and just entered the country. Is your battery working well on a 1C discharge?

Thanks so much James

Edited by semaj76
Typo

On 2023/05/13 at 10:08 PM, semaj76 said:

Hi Eurard. Also keen as well to get one of these. Seems owned by GWM in china they are big and just entered the country. Is your battery working well on a 1C discharge?

Thanks so much James

Who in their right mind want to do a 1c discharge, thats dumping 5kw in an hour, and I hear you, just for a couple seconds to test, to me the same as buying a new car and testing the top speed of 250kmh.

The very most Ive ever done is about 0.3c.

Im sure it can do it just fine but aint gonna test it, no need to.

36 minutes ago, Eurard said:

Who in their right mind want to do a 1c discharge, thats dumping 5kw in an hour, and I hear you, just for a couple seconds to test, to me the same as buying a new car and testing the top speed of 250kmh.

The very most Ive ever done is about 0.3c.

Im sure it can do it just fine but aint gonna test it, no need to.

It's not that you want to draw 1C continuously but that you have the capability to draw more than 0.5C especially if you only have one battery otherwise your battery will hold you back. 

What kva inverter are you using? Is your peak  +-1500W?

48 minutes ago, Crazi098 said:

It's not that you want to draw 1C continuously but that you have the capability to draw more than 0.5C especially if you only have one battery otherwise your battery will hold you back. 

What kva inverter are you using? Is your peak  +-1500W?

When in loadshedding, we dont go over 800w. Just adapted to do this, doesnt mean we are limited to that.

We have a 8.5kva

But one time my son started the toaster etc while on battery, no issues.

Edited by Eurard

I am just saying that if you buy a battery that is capable of only 0.5C maximum you may find that it is your bottle neck as you won't be able to pull more than +-2600W through your 8Kva(+-8000W) Inverter at one time without tripping the bms safety. Say if you need to run your medium microwave (1200W) and a washing machine, cold wash (500W only at spin) and your normal load say +-(350W) and maybe someone needs to boil a Kettle for a couple of minutes (2200W).

Enter car analogy:

(If two idential cars cost the same price but ones engine is maxed out at 80km/h and the other maxed at 160km/h 

For me I would choose the car that can do 160km/h even if I only need to drive up to 120km/s this way I would have some headroom.)

I am looking at getting a SVolt battery soon (hopefully) and will test her out. Specs seem good and bang for buck too!

14 hours ago, Crazi098 said:

I am just saying that if you buy a battery that is capable of only 0.5C maximum you may find that it is your bottle neck as you won't be able to pull more than +-2600W through your 8Kva(+-8000W) Inverter at one time without tripping the bms safety. Say if you need to run your medium microwave (1200W) and a washing machine, cold wash (500W only at spin) and your normal load say +-(350W) and maybe someone needs to boil a Kettle for a couple of minutes (2200W).

Enter car analogy:

(If two idential cars cost the same price but ones engine is maxed out at 80km/h and the other maxed at 160km/h 

For me I would choose the car that can do 160km/h even if I only need to drive up to 120km/s this way I would have some headroom.)

I am looking at getting a SVolt battery soon (hopefully) and will test her out. Specs seem good and bang for buck too!

I get what you are saying.

What I am saying is why? Just because it says it can doesnt mean you have to.

When it is loadshedding and you are on battery power, dont tumble dry, or bake a cake etc, surely you can just wait a bit.

I can confirm that our house is a "No go heating appliances" when loadshedding, but as stated my son did per accident not notice the loadshedding and switch on the toaster, which I had him switch off immediately, but it had no influence on the battery. Im just preserving my batt for as much as I can, cause if we dont need it immediately, it can wait.

For me to run your house as if there is no power outage, I need to at least have 20kW backup, this will have two factors:

1. Enough power to run heavy appliance when needed

2. Cut the c draw by the amount of batteries, so that a 1C draw is effectively 0.25 per battery, just make stuff last longer

#2 is the ONLY reason I really dont do it currently with my 1 battery.

Another factor is the adding batteries later on, and apart from Make, model, Voltage and chemistry, age also plays a role, and a heavy used battery mixed with a brand new one is also not ideal, so I try and keep the battery as "New" as possible, until I can expand my backup.

On your car analogy:

Thats the reason I went with a 8kVA 6000W inverter, to me making the thing idle away is better than get a 5kVA working hard. I run my geyser and house and sit at 50%, prrrrr prrrrr.

The batt is good, I have Zero complaints, but can not state if it draws 1C, cause simply, Im not going to test that, I dont need to test that. Looking forward to your test results.

Im going to expand by getting another 3 of those, have 21.7kWh in the bank, in time ....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Eurard,

I would like to ask some questions., but forgive me I ask some questions that might be as a Noob. Its that's basically because I have only been researching the solar/inverter system for the past few weeks.

1. I too have just bought the SVolt 5.09Kwh 106ah wall mounted battery and want to ask you about the inverter you chose, was it the fivestar 8.5Kva inverter?

2. Does the SVolt battery have BMS communication with inverter?

• 1 month later...
On 2023/06/07 at 11:07 AM, Solar Journey said:

Hi Eurard,

I would like to ask some questions., but forgive me I ask some questions that might be as a Noob. Its that's basically because I have only been researching the solar/inverter system for the past few weeks.

1. I too have just bought the SVolt 5.09Kwh 106ah wall mounted battery and want to ask you about the inverter you chose, was it the fivestar 8.5Kva inverter?

2. Does the SVolt battery have BMS communication with inverter?

My 2C buy a Luxpower SNA5000 rather, comes with wifi and parallel and very good support on forum etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2023/08/08 at 10:15 PM, RavRabbit said:

I just purchased two 5.09 KWh 48V batteries so far working great.

The SVOLT batteries are using a pylontech like BMS communication, so if your inverter supports pylontech then most likely will support the SVOLT batteries.

Hi @RavRabbit

Just wanted to ask where you bought your SVolt batteries from, so many scam sites and would prefer to buy from where someone else has bought and is happy.

20 hours ago, Greglsh said:

Hi @RavRabbit

Just wanted to ask where you bought your SVolt batteries from, so many scam sites and would prefer to buy from where someone else has bought and is happy.

I got mine from Snaga: https://www.snaga.co.za/product-category/batteries/

I believe the Svolt batteries are on special for October and from November the price will be back to the normal pricing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i have set up a SVolt 48 Volt battery that the client have  i am not familiar with this product i noticed some one earlier post that it is compatable with pilontec BMS onfig i have tried but inverter gives Error 61 “BMS falure or not compatable i have set inverter back to USE and set the Bulk & Float on 53VDC as i am carefull due to the Battery spec on side of batt only gives Rated Voltage 42,0V-53,25VDC

Also noted that on Batt spec it says Rated Charge & Discharge is only 20Amps ? I will forward a pic of Batt en spec as i cant find a manual also there are no manual in box

EF2E6291-0DA6-47B8-BBB2-F25E33ACEF49.jpeg

1B3CD831-4A6B-4AC6-ACE9-8986D4778742.jpeg

20 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

@Chris Olivier These are the voltage settings recommended by Svolt.

image.png.a2078bba478bdf8944f496f6936d1667.png

One thing I have noticed is that Svolt do not seem to like the cells being fully charged to 3.65v

The charge / discharge current I believe is also recommended but they can handle 1C.

ok so this means it is a 15 sel Battaery pack sovar looks good will hear what the client say when he test the set as he is fully off grid & di welding work & the other types Batt he had could not handle 60a discharge when the welder strike 

On 2023/05/15 at 7:15 PM, Crazi098 said:

You are assuming the battery is a 5kW, I personally would have absolutely no problem with a 0.5C battery that has 40kWh on tap, since, with my 5kW inverter, that probably never peaks more than 4kW would never even reach the 0.5C, in fact at the 4kW peak, we'd be at 0.1C.

Some people size things for loadscheds/rolling blackouts, for this you have to cater for 4.5hours and then your 5kWh battery, if you are worried about 1C rating is probably waaay too small, I suspect.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023/05/05 at 9:44 AM, Eurard said:

Yes I have one, so far zero complaints

My settings:

Bulk/absorb = 56.8V

Float = 53.6V

@Eurard do you know if the S Volt can be used with Axpert inverter without communication cable using User setting for battery.

Edited by Chris Louw

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/12/07 at 6:18 PM, Chris Louw said:

@Eurard do you know if the S Volt can be used with Axpert inverter without communication cable using User setting for battery.

Svolt batteries (and other batteries) should work fine without communication if you set the voltages correctly.

The chart I posted in one of my earlier posts in this thread is from Svolt and has the voltages if you want to set it manually and not use communication.