BSL Battery Compatibility Question

Sc00bs

Hi Guys 

Does anyone have BSL battery compatibility list that shows what batteries can be mixed in a battery bank? 

I believe that not all the batteries have compatible BMS's & Cell chemistries and would like to know what batteries are compatible with my existing BSL Batteries and would still communicate with my Sunsynk Inverter.

@BSLBATT Maybe? 

I have B-LFP51.2V 120Ah Batteries 

• 4 months later...
On 2022/05/07 at 8:43 PM, Sc00bs said:

I believe that not all the batteries have compatible BMS's & Cell chemistries

First and sin equa non condition to parallel battery packs is that they consist of the same chemistry and the same number of cells. If the BMS are not compatible, just let them alone and monitor them individually.

20 minutes ago, Beat said:

First and sin equa non condition to parallel battery packs is that they consist of the same chemistry and the same number of cells. If the BMS are not compatible, just let them alone and monitor them individually.

Case in point : @Steve87  is currently pairing a Livoltek 5.5Kw with DIY blue cell pack.

Both LifePo4. Both 16S. According to hime all is gold. 

Great to see that loadshedding & Equipment availability or lack thereof is making ppl think 😂😂😂

Remember, a lithium battery is still just a battery. It will be forever a battery until you abuse it, then it becomes a battery with a babysitter. Provided you pay attention to how you connect them to each other ie. Wire lengths equal into the DC bus or Isolator, that Lithium battery will share it's current accordingly & behave like a battery. 

As @BritishRacingGreenmentioned above, I have a 6 kWh LFP DiY pack with a Daly BMS in parallel with a 5kWh Livoltek lithium battery. They are running very smoothly together. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So my understanding after asking around is that the 5kw, 6.4kw & 7kw BSL batteries BMS are all compatible and are happy to live in a bank together and the BMS's will all communicate. I recently added and extra 2 x 6.4kw BSL batteries onto my existing bank of 2 x 6.4's and it was relatively painless and easy to do. The GetOffGrid guys also updated my existing batteries BMS's firmware for me and checked everything out,

The 8.8kw, Powerwall  & 15kw apparently use a different BMS which does NOT communicate with the previously mentioned 5, 6.4 & 7kw models.

I am not sure what the interoperability is like between the 8.8, Powerwall & 15kw models, maybe @BSLBATT can comment?