where to buy Pylontech ?

Richyv

2 minutes ago, Vosser said:

Plonkster, are you saying https://www.gwstore.co.za/ is not legit?

The owner is a scammer. Google gwswtore and Jason Sole and you'l see what other people had to endure. I used to work for him. One of the other branch owners took him to court in 2015 but I don't know what happened with the case as I lost contact with that branch owner as well. He would basically take payment and never deliver, or have excuses as long as the Nile River and if you're lucky get what you paid for but only months later. 

Just now, SilverNodashi said:

The owner is a scammer. Google gwswtore and Jason Sole and you'l see what other people had to endure. I used to work for him. One of the other branch owners took him to court in 2015 but I don't know what happened with the case as I lost contact with that branch owner as well. He would basically take payment and never deliver, or have excuses as long as the Nile River and if you're lucky get what you paid for but only months later. 

Sjoe, I didn't realize there are so many scammers around. 

Seems like it's better to pay a bit more and use a local and reliable installer/supplier!

1 minute ago, Youda said:

What, gwstore.co.za is not legit? I've just placed an order for a can of extra worms and now I hear that my delivery is not going to happen?

Screenshot_20190314-102958.thumb.png.883a76944f9d016e0bb40023a23a9a94.png

haha. Good one!

He also owns website MegaSolar, and Brave Green World. His mom owns the resort Monkey Valley in Noordhook. And somehow he still gets away with people's money. 

21 minutes ago, Vosser said:

Plonkster, are you saying https://www.gwstore.co.za/ is not legit?

I'm actually not saying that. It's a bit more complex than that. That's a franchise that used to be owned by Jason Sole (this is factual information, no defamation intended). Several customers of this business paid for things and either didn't get it, or got a different product (again, these are facts, check hellopeter as well). Whether the business purposefully intended to scam these people or whether it was just badly run is an open question.

Some people did order from them, and many of them DID receive the things they ordered, so it seems it is not an outright intentional scam, there was at least the intent to give people the stuff thy ordered. It seems rather that it was a bad business who occasionally steals/loses your money (other examples would be lawyers who float the salary bill from escrow accounts, and put it back quickly, or roll it into the next transfer... until one fateful day).

So these are not quite om the same level, that I will admit, but if you were one of the people who lost money, then you must surely have deja vu 🙂

Jason then started a new business called MegaSolarSA. Well... again I have to be careful, cause he is fond of claiming defamation. He now works for a company called MegaSolarSA. Some months ago (before the information was hidden), I managed to find the registration details for the domain name: It was registered in the name of a Judy Sole, which I assume must be a relative. It is unclear who the current registrant is. However you look at it, I'd say the claims of being employed rather than owning said entity is a bit thin... but make your own call.

Again things are about the same. I know people who ordered from them and got their stuff, singing the praises of this company even. So the intent is clearly not outright scamming. But you're welcome to also look at the complaints side of things.

So I think I put that as factually as I could. I'd avoid both these companies.

Edited by plonkster

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019/03/03 at 10:05 PM, plonkster said:

That domain was registered 23 December 2018. The registrant is indicated as being "Peter Salanje", and there is an email address. Googling the email address finds a gumtree ad that is selling a share in a business. Then I googled the name and it got worse...

Seems Mr. Salanje is running a business from his father (a pastor's) church offices.

Now I would have loved to dig into what this church actually teaches (I'm betting it's not completely orthodox), but sadly their website is a bit thin on details... no confession of faith sort of stuff as you normally see.

Definitely sketchy though.

I'm not in JHB, but I did spot this ad in January, and sent a friend to have a look at them - definitely sketchy - their warehouse address was a storage company.

Our best guess was that these are the "fallen off the back of a truck" variety, probably from Cell Towers (I understand they were having a major theft problems late last year).

solarcityrsa? nah...i got one of those paid ads on facebook 2 days ago,  6+kw lion battery on promotion (almost half price of market value), phoned, the guy on the other side just says yes to everything , i ask him to tell me about the batteries they are advertising and his response was, you guessed it, yes! then he hang up. of course the old saying "if its too good to be true, it usually is"

On 2019/02/27 at 5:49 PM, Jaco de Jongh said:

The exact model please. or do you know offhand what the recommended max PV array size for your unit is?

Hi Jaco, just curious as i havnt worked with pylontech before and i have been saving up to purchase few...could you please explain why the max pv array size is important as you asked , is it because of the rate of charge (i saw few people say to limit to 20a per 2.xkw pylon)?

1 hour ago, Renier82 said:

is it because of the rate of charge

Hi Renier, my question above was for more than one reason, and recharge rate was one of them, it is something to keep in mind. You need enough PV to recharge whatever you used the previous night, if you decide to cycle your battery's on a daily basis. 

15 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Hi Renier, my question above was for more than one reason, and recharge rate was one of them, it is something to keep in mind. You need enough PV to recharge whatever you used the previous night, if you decide to cycle your battery's on a daily basis. 

But if you are grid connected then you can just use to grid to recharge the shortfall

On 2019/02/27 at 3:03 PM, Richyv said:

Where is the best place to get the 2X Pylontech US2000B for my Axpert 5k 48 inverter? i would prefer for them to be installed so there is no issue with warranties on the bank 

Im based in the west of JHB. Id also like a recommendation on Solar panels. My average usage is around 300-400 watt(my house power loads have been separated) and would like use solar during the day to power the house and charge batteries.

My Dad is getting a few in May let me know if you would like to buy some 

Edited by Treschen
correction

9 hours ago, Jaws said:

But if you are grid connected then you can just use to grid to recharge the shortfall

O yes you can, but I prefer the sun charging my batteries, Grid to expensive.... 

I think I had to use Grid to charge battery's twice that I can remember due to bad weather for more than a week, but that's it.. 

7 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

, but I prefer the sun charging my batteries, Grid to expensive....

Also, if enough people start charging their batteries from the grid, it makes load shedding worse. The energy that Eskom saves by shedding is negated by battery chargers making up for lost time.

The more batteries that are charged from the sun and wind, the more the limited Eskom energy can power the South African economy.

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, EtienneWesRand said:

Hi Ricky,

Who did you use as an installer? I am also in the West Rand area (Randpark Ridge).

Looking for a reputable installer. I will source the hardware myself.

Regards,

Etienne

You might not save to much going this way.

Installers might get the equipment at a much lower rate due to dealer discounts

Also for them to install equipment procured by yourself can also be problematic, should something go wrong it becomes a finger pointing exercise. 

Most of the decent installers wont even consider  this option , they have enough work lined up to not even consider this.

The money you think you will save by buying yourself will be  used for the extra margin they installer will ask for the installation.

They only way to try and save is to buy yourself and to DIY,