The dreaded Revov's on Sale!

shanghailoz

Me and TTT is actually talking off forum about this batteries. So far a lot of places is selling them and spoken to the Cape town Rep for info. Just keep an eye on Fb to. 

Just to inform you, Nissan is selling second life batteries to, they partner up with Eaton. Rubicon is selling them now.  https://uk.eaton.com/content/dam/uk/products/xstorage/datasheets/xStorage_homeBrochure_update_June_2017.pdf

I was keen to take advantage to double up on my batteries. But my installer says he spoke to Revov and they say the advertised price is erroneous. But surely... if they advertise it, they have to stick to it? 

OK... all they have to say is "stock has run out".

8 minutes ago, Bobster said:

But my installer says he spoke to Revov and they say the advertised price is erroneous.

Nope, I got the same price, been chatting with them toi see if they can give me a reason NOT to buy them. 🙂 

Nice. Thing is my system is under warranty AND I wouldn't know how to connect the extra. So can't do my own thing here.

They've also been very helpful post install, so I would not want to cut them right out of things. But it looked like a chance to double up at a better than expected cost

2 hours ago, Luminous said:

Strange, saw the add. Comments from the supplier indicated 200ah for the 5.12.

If you go to the site is shows 150ah battery which works out to 3.86

From what I understand, could be mistaken, it is two of these batteries - 24v 200ah x 2 = 48v 200ah bank at 5.17KWh x 2 = 10.34KWh
Or what am I missing?

Warranty: 3500 cycles at 1 cycle per day up to 90% DOD (9.5 years) or 10 years, whichever comes first.
Only 48v as they are still busy building a new 24v BMS. What a relief! 🙂 

Right, let me inject a bit of sanity into the "dreaded" (most likely not meant in a bad way) claim.

Way back some BYD batteries came into the country and were sold at ridiculous prices, by a company up North of which the name starts with an H. These guys seems like an upstanding outfit, which is why I prefer not to name names, but in this case I think they made a mistake: They were not sufficiently clear about the status of these batteries. The local BYD guys piped up and denounced the batteries in question and a couple of people, upon discovering what they are really buying, cancelled their orders. This is how the story came across to me anyway.

But then there's also these Revov guys. They are quite upfront about the fact that the batteries are second life, and that is why they are cheaper. They give you a warranty too (although, as always, one would have to see if they are still around in 5 years or 10 years, they may well be). Additionally, I had always known this was going to happen some day. Batteries will be thrown out of more demanding applications when they reach EOL (normally at 80% useable life left), but because these batteries degrade almost linearly over time you could use them another couple of years before they reach 60%, so oversize the pack a bit... and help the world a bit with less electronic waste that will eventually require recycling.

I'm therefore cautiously optimistic that the Revov batteries is a good thing and not a scam. I know quite a few people already who have them installed. The only thing to do is to check BMS compatibility with whatever inverter you intend to pair it with.

12 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

I went ahead and ordered a set.

R33,350 with vat, + whatever the delivery charges are likely to be to CPT (R1500 at a guesstimate).

Hi Shanghailoz, please let us know your thoughts here when you get them. I am interested in them should they come out with a 24V battery. Thanks

1 hour ago, shanghailoz said:

I went ahead and ordered a set.

R33,350 with vat, + whatever the delivery charges are likely to be to CPT (R1500 at a guesstimate).

Nice!! Then i need to come check them out when you get them in cape town side. @shanghailoz

54 minutes ago, Dougiedanger said:

whatever the delivery charges are likely to be to CPT (R1500 at a guesstimate)

HHHHmmmmm, Dawie is the sales person for cape town side so he must arrange that most for free.

I also convinced someone to pull the trigger on 2 of these today.

I looked at it this way, since they are so cheap per kWh you can actually afford to buy more capacity than you need, these then really start to shine when you had a application where you wanted to use a generator.

Being second-life batteries I would really try not to work them too hard, but if you bought 2 of these, you now have 20kWh worth of storage and discharging them at a modest 0.25C will give you a constant discharge of 5KW for 4 hours!

This makes a perfect UPS for most offices, I recon if you should cycle them with 10% DOD (Or maybe not even cycle them at all and just keep them at 90% capacity) they should easily last a very long time still.

I quote, in Afrikaans (too lazy to translate) on what I chatted with them about.
Idea was to run evening loads off them for 12 hours each day - 10pm - 10am when the solar array produces better.

They don't have a BMS yet for the 24v systems, so I gave it a skip. What a relief!!! 🙂 

(Green Revov's answers)

3500 cycles, een per dag, is dus +-9.5 jaar korrek? 
Korrek.

My volgende vraag:
Met ‘n 24v Revov R9 2nd life 10.24 kwh battery
= +-9 kwh tot op 90%

Tegnies is dit 2 x 25.6V (200Ah) batterye in series, dus 200Ah x 51.2V = 10.2kWh (volle kapasiteit).
10.24 x 90 / 100 = 9.2kWh usable daagliks ja.

Is ek dus reg as ek se: 9kwh beteken:
750w vir 12 ure? Korrek (9000Wh / 750W = 12 ure).

Wat beteken:
Per dag  spaar mens 9kwh x R2.02 (Eksom koste per kw) = R18.80
Per jaar spaar mens 3285kwh x R2.02 = R

Dus:
R29k vir die batterye - EX VAT IN NEW SEE - but the logic stays the same.
Spaar R6635 per jaar
Hulle kostes is verhaal in +-4 jaar.
Met dan nog so +-4 jaar se “free” elektrisiteit daarna

Jy is tegnies reg.
Reken net in koste om batterye te herlaai indien jy nie solar roete gaan nie.
Indien jy wel solar gaan, maak seker jou panele kan genoeg op wek per dag, met bewolkte dae ingereken.

Het ek dit reg? Jou somme is uitstekend!
Wat mis ek? Jy mis die bestellling 😃 special is geldig net tot more, betaling moet voor “close of business” gedoen word.