Axpert MKS II 5kW Error 08

On 2020/04/12 at 3:31 PM, charlez said:

@Coulomb thanks for this info. But as you said earlier they may provide a setting later using SOC. What software are you using to manage your inverters? This is what I can get out of my Narada batteries. Just passing a couple of fields to emoncms and not being used. Using the voltage to switch and not ideal.

temp::[31.0, 32.0, 31.0, 31.0] C
soh::100.0 %
packvolts::53.61 volts
soc::100.0 %
capacity::112.76 ah
addr::[1] BID
current::2.44 amps
cell_volts::(53.61300000000001, [3.554, 3.564, 3.567, 3.558, 3.549, 3.561, 3.564, 3.551, 3.567, 3.609, 3.613, 3.601, 3.587, 3.586, 3.582]) volts
cycles::330 cycles

Hi Charlez/ Everyone,

First off I want to thank each and everyone here for this create post and contribution to the community. I also started to get this 08 error and this has help me tremendously. @Charlez is it possible to give me more info regarding how you got the info from your Narada BMS? Did you use specific command protocol or does this automatically send for example every few seconds? Did you use RS485 or RS232? I tried searching all over the internet and could not get any info on this or command protocols. I could get for polyntech but nothing for Narada. Thanks in advance. 

Quintin

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@charlez - I don't think the suppliers are even aware of this issue with the inverter! Here is the circuit The heart of the isolater, is the LD03-16B12 (AC/DC Converter Vin = 90-528VAC

I did put up a fuss with Voltronic themselves regardings this issue.  At first they gave me a lame answer as follows : "Per your information below, it means error 08 was caused by the surge from

@charlez has pointed me to this information from the official Axpert MKS II manual: 14. WARNING: Because this inverter is non-isolated, only three types of PV modules are acceptable: single cryst

Posted Images

On 2020/11/17 at 10:35 AM, HermanD said:

Enable an AC charge current of only 2A and switch the inverter charge priority to "Solar First"

Very interested in this potential solution Herman.

Are you referring to setting 11 - Maximum utility charging current to be set to 2A and setting 16 - Charge source priority to be set to CSO instead of OSO?

With OSO only solar can charge batteries but with CSO, utility can also charge if there is no solar

On 2020/11/17 at 1:35 PM, HermanD said:

I had the same issue with the Error8 when my inverter(s) are in bypass mode, no solar input from panels and rain in the air.  My approach to solve (hide) this is to not add any additional hardware to the setup.  Enable an AC charge current of only 2A and switch the inverter charge priority to "Solar First".  The MKSII inverter can only charge from AC when in bypass mode, thus it will not use the AC charging when there is still battery available.  AC charging will not be used in bypass mode with solar availability.  The 2A AC charge setting is only enough to bias the inverter and do not really charge the batteries over the night period (My batteries SOC will go up with 1% maximum after about 10 hours on bypass).  After enabling these settings on my inverters I have not experience Error8 again for the entire winter (lots of rain and bypass mode incidents).  I hope this helps a few of you.

Thats a good solution too if one has batteries

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020/12/01 at 8:50 AM, Smirresa said:

Very interested in this potential solution Herman.

Are you referring to setting 11 - Maximum utility charging current to be set to 2A and setting 16 - Charge source priority to be set to CSO instead of OSO?

With OSO only solar can charge batteries but with CSO, utility can also charge if there is no solar

Hi Smirresa,

Yes, setting 11 set to 2A and setting 16 set to CSO.  In CSO the inverter will only charge from utility in bypass mode when there no solar.  If you are in bypass mode, but there is solar (cloudy day with batteries low), then the AC charge will not occur.  If you are running from batteries and no solar (at night time) then the AC charge will not occur.  AC charging will only work when you are in bypass mode and no solar.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020/12/15 at 10:55 AM, HermanD said:

Hi Smirresa,

Yes, setting 11 set to 2A and setting 16 set to CSO.  In CSO the inverter will only charge from utility in bypass mode when there no solar.  If you are in bypass mode, but there is solar (cloudy day with batteries low), then the AC charge will not occur.  If you are running from batteries and no solar (at night time) then the AC charge will not occur.  AC charging will only work when you are in bypass mode and no solar.

Regards

Thanks Herman

Implemented this solution on two separate systems in two different parts of the country on the 1st of December, when I first saw the post.

No error 08 messages on either of the systems since then, despite intermittent cloudy and wet weather.

Seems like a lasting solution. If anything changes I will give feedback

• 2 months later...

Hi, wondered if there was any new feedback on this? Similar issue on Growatt, but mostly 11:00 morning starts to trip- not load related, and not only during rainy days. Did have utility charge set high (40amp) especially during latest loadshed again to not be caught out, have dropped it to 10A.

In this case it is 2x 5kW in parallel- and mostly one of the two that always error 8.