SunSynk - Inverter Monitoring

Bloubul7

8 hours ago, JuanH said:

The USB will most likely fail pretty soon if you keep it as the main drive, due to the amount of reads/writes.

Look through the Everything Smart Home channel I mentioned earlier. There is a good guide on moving your installation onto an external (or internal if you can with the NUC) SSD drive.

The live OS was the easiest way to install HA OS on my SSD. I do not require the USB anymore. 

23 hours ago, JuanH said:

Hey Saliegh.

My recomendation would be to install HA OS: https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/generic-x86-64

Once done, install the Node Red add-on from the included add-on store.

Then you can start with the flows in this thread.

I also recomend the Everything Smart Home channel on Youtube. Loads of useful guides for HA on there: https://www.youtube.com/c/EverythingSmartHome/featured

That's pretty much what I have, looked at Docker as well but it seemed to just complicate things as there wasn't anything else I would be running other that Home Assistant  OS 

For those that have upgraded to the latest HA version, they have changed the MQTT structure required for the energy module.  It now no longers required the last_reset topic, but do require the state_class to be set to total_increasing.  See snippet below of the change required.

image.png.e1d7d3775cf46b8175b14d82a3bb71da.png

If anyone is interested, I have a few used Raspberry Pi 2's that I loaded up with Home Assistant/InfluxDB/Node Red/Grafana/MQTT & Bloubul's Flows @ R600 each

Will supply with a USB-RS485 adapter as well as a cable and make sure it works before sending it. 

A fresh system seems to be pretty snappy, just not sure how big a database they will handle before it starts slowing down.

Can set it to just dump the data once I figure out how large the database can get 🙂 

Yeah I played with this yesterday. Also note that the battery charge and discharge rate can also be monitored in HA now. These values will need to be added into those nodes also. 

Not sure if the discharge will need something like "total_decreasing". Once fully tested, I'll post it on GitHub 

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the ethernet cable and connection to the inverter. I've connected up an ethernet cable wired as T568B into the BMS RS485 port on the inverter. The other end of the cable is then wired up, orange/brown&white - A, Orangewhite/brown - B into this USB-RS485 connector , followed by a USB cable into the Raspberry Pi4 (running Home Assistant, Node Red, InfluxDB, Grafana, MQTT)

So the flow is, T568B Ethernet Cable in BMS RS485 port on Inverter > Into USB-RS485 connector > USB Cable > RPi4

When looking at the modbus-flex-getter settings in Node Red, I don't see any options to select the USB in the serial port (clicking the Magnifying Glass)

When looking at the debug, the modbus-flex-getter node cycles through states of,

Client Not Ready To Read At State reconnecting

Error: Client Not Ready To Read At State init

Am I on the right path or is there something else that could be fundamentally wrong with the cable, config etc?

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Edited by dawolf

Thanks @Sc00bs and @Bloubul7

It was related to InfluxDB settings. I've updated the InfluxDB settings with my user credentials and the data is flowing into InfluxDB,

InfluxDB.thumb.png.2957a7115a5f0211a87866716c58b7a3.png

Now I just need to get the Grafana dashboards to pull the data,

Grafana.thumb.png.92acfb6da0e563443f74bebbbb8b9618.png

Edit:

Figured it out. Needed to add an additional data source for the "InverterDB" database in Grafana. 

Thank you kindly, gentlemen!

Edited by dawolf

nice to see that @dawolfgot his issue sorted in no time. I'm hoping I can leverage some of the expertise here. 

I imported @Bloubul7's read flows, and made some config changes, viz.

• Serial Port set to /dev/ttyUSB0 on modbus-client
  • Added mqtt-broker, as the one included was pointing at a fixed IP (192.168.1.100)
    • no username and password set
  • updated influxdb node
    • no username and password set

I also created a database in InfluxDB called InverterDB, but did no other config.

When all the flows are active, I get the attached error. When I disable Inverter_Monitoring, no error.

Any idea where I am going wrong?

debug log.JPG

influxdb node.JPG

inverter_publish.JPG

mqtt config.JPG

modbusconfig.JPG

Edited by Saliegh
added modbusconfig pic

10 minutes ago, Bloubul7 said:

Have you checked to ensure that your wiring is correct?

Yeah, that's my next step. The connection at the rs485 to usb component looks sound, I even swapped them. 

I've attached a pic of both devices that I tried.

Gonna go get some more rj45s now...

rs485 converters.jpg

@Saliegh Firstly - your influxDB Node in Node Red will need a username and password with rights to the database otherwise you will not be able to write data to it. You set the users up in InfluxDB. 

Is your Nuc connecting to the USB-RS485 interface? The ModbusRead flow should be flashing active and there should be things in the Modbus Que info. 

If not - the problem probably lies in your NR setup. 

If yes - then probably something to do with your cabling I would guess

image.png.a0092a8a5aadf87a8dd3da2461a23f4c.png

On 2021/09/03 at 1:12 PM, Bloubul7 said:

For those that have upgraded to the latest HA version, they have changed the MQTT structure required for the energy module.  It now no longers required the last_reset topic, but do require the state_class to be set to total_increasing.  See snippet below of the change required.

image.png.e1d7d3775cf46b8175b14d82a3bb71da.png

Struggling to get my Energy info from the inverter, not sure what I am doing wrong Bloubul. 

I updated all my Energy Nodes in Node Red as described above but I am still getting the message, any ideas as I am not sure what to try next? 

image.png.b9e39e478d42a5ae884e518ac785320b.png

12 hours ago, Sc00bs said:

Struggling to get my Energy info from the inverter, not sure what I am doing wrong Bloubul. 

I updated all my Energy Nodes in Node Red as described above but I am still getting the message, any ideas as I am not sure what to try next? 

image.png.b9e39e478d42a5ae884e518ac785320b.png

Try restarting your HA