SunSynk - Inverter Monitoring

Bloubul7

14 hours ago, angel_cs said:

Anyone got data though WiFi? I have a 5kW inverter with WiFi module and I'm not able to get any data and there are no information around.

No way to get data from the wifi adapter except from via Solarman that anyone could figure out.

7 hours ago, Sc00bs said:

No way to get data from the wifi adapter except from via Solarman that anyone could figure out.

Thanks
No internet on the place, furthermore what I tried about Solarman is a shit. It has random acknowledge frequency about 10 or 20 minutes.

19 hours ago, angel_cs said:

Thanks
No internet on the place, furthermore what I tried about Solarman is a shit. It has random acknowledge frequency about 10 or 20 minutes.

You can connect directly to the RS485 port using a raspberry pi, lots of discussion about it on the site.

Will give you live data on a web page that can be browsed with a phone using the Homer Assistant app or a pc with a browser

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

Hi Guys, my SunSynk firmware was upgraded to comm e41c and mcu 6006 which has caused the RS485 port to stop responding to modbus requests. It now seems completely unreadable. Did anyone else upgrade and get this issue?

I am running on a much different firmware version from that. Which SunSynk inverter do you have?

6 hours ago, Denarius said:

Hi Guys, my SunSynk firmware was upgraded to comm e41c and mcu 6006 which has caused the RS485 port to stop responding to modbus requests. It now seems completely unreadable. Did anyone else upgrade and get this issue?

When did you upgrade to this version? Is this very recent?

You should log a case with their tech support for the modbus issue. 

On 2021/11/03 at 9:21 AM, Denarius said:

What you have experienced as a bug is actually a feature.  This firmware update allows you to read parallel inverters with a single RS485 adapter. Previously if you wired all the RS485 cables together and requested data on modbus address 1 all the inverters responded at the same time causing a corrupt response.  You were forced to use an RS485 adapter for each inverter. With this update you can query the specific address you want a response from and only that inverter responds.  This update is going to be disruptive since most inverters have their address set to 0 and many modbus utilities won't even allow querying on address 0.  A changelog would have been really helpful.

image.png.a125c695b35ebd1628c36e3e9aef305c.png

On 2021/06/03 at 7:52 AM, Bloubul7 said:

WhatApp integration added to monitor the grid voltage, send a WhatApp message if the grid goes down and when it comes back on

image.png.6f06b9bf552c520425cb9cf35332ec15.png

Hi @Bloubul7

Please which register are you reading to get the Grid status? Please help me out of my misery! Could you show me the function and check blocks please!

38 minutes ago, esawyja said:

Hi @Bloubul7

Please which register are you reading to get the Grid status? Please help me out of my misery! Could you show me the function and check blocks please!

Function:

var a
a = (msg.payload.data / 1)
if (msg.topic === "voltage_grid") {
    if (a > 100) {
      msg.payload = (1);
    } else {
    msg.payload = (0);
    }
    return [ msg, null ];
} else {
   return [ null, msg ];
}
return msg;

Register for Voltage Grid:

msg.payload = { 
    'fc': 3, 
    'unitid': 1, 
    'address': 150, 
    'quantity': 1 }; 
msg.topic = "voltage_grid"
return msg;

9 minutes ago, Bloubul7 said:

Function:

var a
a = (msg.payload.data / 1)
if (msg.topic === "voltage_grid") {
    if (a > 100) {
      msg.payload = (1);
    } else {
    msg.payload = (0);
    }
    return [ msg, null ];
} else {
   return [ null, msg ];
}
return msg;

Register for Voltage Grid:

msg.payload = { 
    'fc': 3, 
    'unitid': 1, 
    'address': 150, 
    'quantity': 1 }; 
msg.topic = "voltage_grid"
return msg;

Thanks soooooo much!

Firstly... Congrats and thank you to @Bloubul7, @Sc00bs & @jacauc...! The work you have all put in is incredible...! You all deserve breweries, not just beers!!!

I've been following this thread and am about to get myself a inverter/battery set to carry me through the on going load shedding - and hopefully upgrade to PV once the pocket allows 🤦🏼‍♂️

I've already got a Pi Zero running Node Red and added the flows from @jacauc's GitHub page... Thank you!!

I'm now looking at the connection from inverter to pi... Seems I was at the back of the queue as all the RS485 Pi Hats are sold out... 🤦🏼‍♂️ Anyone have a spare one lying around up for grabs or know of where I can get one?? 

Wave RS485 HAT For Pi

Thanks again everyone for all your contributions and comments, almost makes this setup basically plug and play!!

7 minutes ago, finch6 said:

Firstly... Congrats and thank you to @Bloubul7, @Sc00bs & @jacauc...! The work you have all put in is incredible...! You all deserve breweries, not just beers!!!

I've been following this thread and am about to get myself a inverter/battery set to carry me through the on going load shedding - and hopefully upgrade to PV once the pocket allows 🤦🏼‍♂️

I've already got a Pi Zero running Node Red and added the flows from @jacauc's GitHub page... Thank you!!

I'm now looking at the connection from inverter to pi... Seems I was at the back of the queue as all the RS485 Pi Hats are sold out... 🤦🏼‍♂️ Anyone have a spare one lying around up for grabs or know of where I can get one?? 

Wave RS485 HAT For Pi

Thanks again everyone for all your contributions and comments, almost makes this setup basically plug and play!!

@finch6I got all the mentioned adapters and HATs in this thread. The easiest, simplest, most reliable, and neatest solution was just getting the cables from Solar Assistant: https://solar-assistant.io/shop

Unless you want to go with any of the DIY options so you can learn from the experience, this would be my recomendation.

9 minutes ago, JuanH said:

@finch6I got all the mentioned adapters and HATs in this thread. The easiest, simplest, most reliable, and neatest solution was just getting the cables from Solar Assistant: https://solar-assistant.io/shop

Unless you want to go with any of the DIY options so you can learn from the experience, this would be my recomendation.

Thanks for the info @JuanH, really appreciate it... 😃

Was kind of looking forward to the DIY part of it but if I can't get my hands on a DIY setup, at least I have other options, thanks again 👍