Sunsynk remote management

TonyR

I hope I’m not duplicating a topic, I could not see a relevant one in the listing.  The touch screen on my Sunsynk inverter is failing. Although the manufacture will replace it, to manage the risk of a recurrence I would really like to be able to change settings remotely. So far I’ve seen one Raspberry solution for this. Is there an easy app to do this remote control?

Tony

Thanks @TonyR

I was under the impression this could only read data from the Sunsynk - but not make changes to the settings. 

I have just reached out to their support and have asked them to confirm that it is possible to make changes to the 'System Mode' settings through their app

This is the feedback that I just received:

Currently for SunSynk inverters we have real time monitoring of all metrics, but you are not able to set settings yet.  That part is currently in development.

We currently read the "System mode" settings and display that on the main dashboard (example below), but you can't set it yet.

About 4 months ago, on Solarman Smart, a remote portal window appeared, where you could access most of the functions available on the inverter interface, but then after about 10 days that portal disappeared, asked Keith at Sunsynk, but never could get an answer from him, although he did mention a new dongle was to be released, but no other information 

I had a Victron before and got spoiled by the remote portal, and missed it on the Sunsynk, but after six months the system just works and I hardly bother looking at the data

Edited by Tariq

31 minutes ago, leshen said:

Currently Solarman has remote settings for installers. 

I don't understand why they don't just allow users access to this feature. 

I basically installed my own system. Other users also did a self install. 

How do i get access to this feature? 

30 minutes ago, Achmat said:

I don't understand why they don't just allow users access to this feature. 

I basically installed my own system. Other users also did a self install. 

How do i get access to this feature? 

Reply from Sunsynk. 

Wrong settings on inverter may damage inverter/ battery

3 minutes ago, leshen said:

Reply from Sunsynk. 

Wrong settings on inverter may damage inverter/ battery

And what's stopping the user from just changing the settings directly on the display. 

There's also an option to change settings remotely but this requires you to directly connect to the WiFi of the dongle. Technically just in the same room. 

So if that's there reply they should just block all settings from being changed by the user, even from the display. No logic behind their reason. 

Edited by Achmat

27 minutes ago, Achmat said:

And what's stopping the user from just changing the settings directly on the display. 

There's also an option to change settings remotely but this requires you to directly connect to the WiFi of the dongle. Technically just in the same room. 

So if that's there reply they should just block all settings from being changed by the user, even from the display. No logic behind their reason. 

I know there is a option on the display under basic settings -> last tab that says lock out all changes. I wonder if that will give you the option to lock display settings update.

But I agree if this is not ticked, allow the app for anyone to update the settings.  Maybe have like a double check on settings update. This will be nice to change your inverter settings if you are away and let's say loadshedding hits and you want to rather up battery SOC for levels

36 minutes ago, Achmat said:

I sent your message to them. The app has extra functions which they don’t want the end user to mess with. It’s their policy. 

7 minutes ago, leshen said:

I sent your message to them. The app has extra functions which they don’t want the end user to mess with. It’s their policy. 

Thanks. Local official support channel is useless. Still waiting on a reply from Shabir regarding if my model supports 22A per MPPT as I've heard that some older units do, depending on serial number and only require a software update. 

20 minutes ago, Achmat said:

Thanks. Local official support channel is useless. Still waiting on a reply from Shabir regarding if my model supports 22A per MPPT as I've heard that some older units do, depending on serial number and only require a software update. 

Send me your serial number, I’ll check for you

3 hours ago, Tariq said:

@Achmat,  agree with you, totally an illogical reason, not to grant access, we have total control from the interface.

However, after six months of operation, don’t worry much about changing stuff remotely or even keeping an eye on the data, the inverter just works.

I also think that the reason quoted is illogical, but the real reason may have been lost in translation. It could also be weak authentication. I wouldn't be comfortable allowing someone on the Internet to access and change settings on my inverter, and if I enabled it, I would like to ensure that it has at least 2FA.   

• 11 months later...

Hi, hoping someone has an answer to this, we recently got the Sunsynk inverters and are using the Sunsynk logger app, I would like to set the Investment return rate, I am based in South Africa, do I use the Unit price? Does anyone know how to set this?