Kodak 7.2kW problem

phoenix752

I installed a Kodak 7.2kW inverter at the weekend, with 4.8kWh Narada battery and 16×365W Canadian Solar panels(8 panels per MPPT). The problem is that the inverter goes into bypass mode even when the sun is still high up in the sky and the load is low. Any explanation to this will be greatly appreciated. The current setting is SBU with point back to utility set at 51V to keep the battery for load shedding. I did try SUB but the inverter was doing the same thing so I had opted for SBU

3 hours ago, 87 Dream said:

Hi Phoenix752, what is the settings that you have for the inverter to return back to Battery mode voltage for SBU? Setting number 13?

51V...my concern is that it goes into bypass even when the panels are producing plenty of power

• 4 months later...

Hi there, I have a Kodak 7,2 KW inverter with 4 pylontech 3000C batteries. I have selected SBU in the setup. I have selected PYL in option 5 I’ve also confirmed the low voltage is 46V and the high voltage is54V. Although when you select PYL it automatically adjusts the other settings. When the inverter is supplied by solar everything works normally. As soon as the solar is no longer available  the inverter goes into bypass. Have checked the settings numerous times with the same result. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I can jump in offside here..  

I have a question on this inverter; its not Hybrid, so can you cannot feedback into the gird, which is fine.  However, can the source be as PV first with grid to supplement if PV generation is not enough? Or is it either grid or PV?  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Nate said:

However, can the source be as PV first with grid to supplement if PV generation is not enough? Or is it either grid or PV?  

For this model and most models that have a higher voltage (450 V max or 500 V max) solar charge controller, yes PV power and utility power can be blended when in line mode and SUB output source priority is used. I'm not familiar with these models, but I believe that when other output source priorities are used, the load is supplied by either utility only, or by battery/PV. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/11/17 at 4:42 PM, Coulomb said:

For this model and most models that have a higher voltage (450 V max or 500 V max) solar charge controller, yes PV power and utility power can be blended when in line mode and SUB output source priority is used. I'm not familiar with these models, but I believe that when other output source priorities are used, the load is supplied by either utility only, or by battery/PV. 

Thanks for clearing up @Coulomb. Much appreciated.  

• 6 months later...

Menu option 13 is the back to battery voltage. Check this setting is at a value below what your current battery voltage is at. What this setting represents is the value set point at which the inverter will come out of bypass and go to SBU or blend between Solar and Battery and leave the Grid alone. 

The inverter logic will only get to blend between Solar and battery if your current voltage of the battery is above this value. Otherwise I'm afraid you will not get the inverter out of bypass. This is a hard set programmable value. 

If you want SUB essentially the inverter will still mix power. And it will not touch the battery. Even in bypass the inverter will blend from PV. Leave it for a full day on USB and at the end of the day go and look at the PV logs. It will have blended.