Batteries & their total cycles / lifespan

PsyCLown

Just now, hoohloc said:

Same thing applies to Pylontechs, follow the manufacture's recommendations and manuals and you will not have an issue with warranty. And chose your supplier carefully 

then you may have a problem you have 4 x Pylontechs on 2 x 5KW inverters so if you have warranty issues.. fortunately for you you have US2000B batteries not the problematic  US3000C Units

1 minute ago, Boerseun said:

then you may have a problem you have 4 x Pylontechs on 2 x 5KW inverters so if you have warranty issues.. fortunately for you you have US2000B batteries not the problematic  US3000C Units

And fortunately I didn't buy from Segen Solar 🤣

3 minutes ago, Tariq said:

I have been selling new vehicles for 36 years, learnt that throwing dirt on other manufacturers is not the way to do it, but show the features, benefits and advantages of YOUR product 

Nobody is throwing dirt on any manufacturer. Maybe leave the emotion out if it and discuss the facts. 

4 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Nobody is throwing dirt on any manufacturer. Maybe leave the emotion out if it and discuss the facts. 

Facts 

1. Pylontech reduced their warrantee on the UP5000. I don't know why and can't answer this. I don't have this battery and don't intend to get one when I add more batteries. 

2. Pylontech does not specify the minimum number of batteries to the inverter size. 

3. Segen solar imposed their own warrantee restrictions over and above those stated by the manufacturer. 

Edited by Achmat

2 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Not from Pylontech directly. 

I have a feeling they don't buy from Segen solar and whoever their supplier is, I'm confident that they do not have the same t's and c's as them. I doubt they would tell me where they buy from, so all I can do is just go with my gut feel 

26 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Send Herholdts an email as well and ask them why they stopped selling all Pylontechs. 

As Promised and on an email, black and white:

Thanks for your enquiry.

Yes, you can use one battery without invalidating the warranty, particularly if you have BMS coms.
The usual limit of 0.5C will still apply to the battery, so the power output will be limited.

Regards,
Blake Smith
Solar Shop Support

5 minutes ago, Tariq said:

I have been selling new vehicles for 36 years, learnt that throwing dirt on other manufacturers is not the way to do it, but show the features, benefits and advantages of YOUR product 

thus far I have not seen any dirt being thrown just a whole lot of feelings and emotions however there are many products out there and after sales service is very important as you are in the automotive industry you well know that not everyone likes the same products for various reasons I mean Hyundai has a 7 Year warranty Toyota a 5 year warranty and Ford a 4 year warranty so which one is the better car or should we all drive VW Beatles from now on ?

5 minutes ago, hoohloc said:

As Promised and on an email, black and white:

Thanks for your enquiry.

Yes, you can use one battery without invalidating the warranty, particularly if you have BMS coms.
The usual limit of 0.5C will still apply to the battery, so the power output will be limited.

Regards,
Blake Smith
Solar Shop Support

And what does Inverter Warehouse say?

2 minutes ago, Tariq said:

@Boerseun, my friend bought a BSL through the powerforum store, on my recommendation, as I felt it was a much better value for money compared to the Pylontech

@Leshen, at that time Hubble was just coming out

So as you can see I am not in love with Pylontech 

Well I own BSL and I owned Pylontech in my previous home. I also install Pylontech, Hubble, and BSL. However I make sure to pair batteries/panels correctly with an inverter. It’s just better design. 

1 minute ago, Tariq said:

@Boerseun, my friend bought a BSL through the powerforum store, on my recommendation, as I felt it was a much better value for money compared to the Pylontech

@Leshen, at that time Hubble was just coming out

So as you can see I am not in love with Pylontech 

@Tariq I agree with you and this i the real issue here is that People Like @Leshen Raise interesting facts about the products available on our market like Hubble or the BSLB Battery as an example very nice product I hear most people that own them are very happy other people own Freedom Won and others own Revov or Hubble Like myself and just because we prefer a certain brand does not mean that another brand is necessarily bad and pointing out the disadvantages of Pylontech seems to get a lot of guys here hot under the collar and strangely enough its always the same batch of guys that react very emotionally if the disadvantages of the Pylontechs are Highlighted Like @Achmat with the Facts the fact is depending on where you bought the Pylontech will determine what kind of after sales support you will get. With Hubble we all know where to go no matter who sold it to you with BSLB its a little grey but as far as I know their support is pretty good my personal experience with Pylontech support is not so great and that is possibly due to the suppliers however we are talking about batteries and our experience with these products and its not about feelings unless there are members here that does not want people to see the negative sides of their products or don't want the public to see the negative sides of products they may have sold to their clients and this may reflect badly on them somehow.. as for this discussion if we can look at the facts and do realistic comparisons without getting emotional then the discussion is productive and allows other members on the forum  to get a good Idea on how these new players in the market perform. Sadly you don't like your Pylontech and I am sure it is because of all the limitations the product has. 

I like my Hubbles because they Recharge very quickly and give me a lot more useable power because the BMS does not have to limit anything instead it just controls the charge rates etc and I am running completely off grid sofar the system has been reliable and consistent I have not had one day down time or problems however If I do you guys will be sure to hear about it.. 

19 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

@Tariq I agree with you and this i the real issue here is that People Like @Leshen Raise interesting facts about the products available on our market like Hubble or the BSLB Battery as an example very nice product I hear most people that own them are very happy other people own Freedom Won and others own Revov or Hubble Like myself and just because we prefer a certain brand does not mean that another brand is necessarily bad and pointing out the disadvantages of Pylontech seems to get a lot of guys here hot under the collar and strangely enough its always the same batch of guys that react very emotionally if the disadvantages of the Pylontechs are Highlighted Like @Achmat with the Facts the fact is depending on where you bought the Pylontech will determine what kind of after sales support you will get. With Hubble we all know where to go no matter who sold it to you with BSLB its a little grey but as far as I know their support is pretty good my personal experience with Pylontech support is not so great and that is possibly due to the suppliers however we are talking about batteries and our experience with these products and its not about feelings unless there are members here that does not want people to see the negative sides of their products or don't want the public to see the negative sides of products they may have sold to their clients and this may reflect badly on them somehow.. as for this discussion if we can look at the facts and do realistic comparisons without getting emotional then the discussion is productive and allows other members on the forum  to get a good Idea on how these new players in the market perform. Sadly you don't like your Pylontech and I am sure it is because of all the limitations the product has. 

I like my Hubbles because they Recharge very quickly and give me a lot more useable power because the BMS does not have to limit anything instead it just controls the charge rates etc and I am running completely off grid sofar the system has been reliable and consistent I have not had one day down time or problems however If I do you guys will be sure to hear about it.. 

Agree with what you are saying. 

My concern is that it's punted as a pylontech limitation affecting the warrantee when in fact its limited to one distributor who imposes their own restrictions. 

Pylontech is a 0.5C battery and I'm OK with this. A single pylontech can be installed on a bigger inverter without voiding the warrantee. Just make sure you don't buy from Segen Solar or any other supplier that uses them. Tariq already mentioned that he got a manufacturer to override one of Segen Solar's decisions to not honor a warrantee claim. 

Please forgive my ignorance , a bms is supposed to prevent the over current discharge of the battery, as in my load shedding example, so how does that become a warranty problem, just trying to get my head around this 

8 minutes ago, Tariq said:

Please forgive my ignorance , a bms is supposed to prevent the over current discharge of the battery, as in my load shedding example, so how does that become a warranty problem, just trying to get my head around this 

I think it becomes a warranty problem if you don't use it and then you stuff the battery by over charging or discharging it 

Exactly, I have a CAN bus cable between battery and inverter, so the system is controlled by the bms, and I have no way of overriding the bms, then why all this discussion regarding over the limit current discharge or charge.

Edited by Tariq

For an over-current alarm/fault to be triggered by a BMS, it physically needs an over-current to occur. And if that happens a few times then the manufacturer has the right to void the warranty. 

Pylontech may contact You for further information regarding a defect. Pylontech may require You to complete root analysis testing of the Product to provide evidence supporting the claim. Final verification of the claim will be made by Pylontech.
If You dispute Pylontech’s verification of the claim, the Product must be evaluated by an EU government certified testing lab or a certified 3rd party testing company. You will bear the cost of any 3rd party evaluation service charge (unless your claim is proven to be valid, in which case Pylontech will be responsible for the testing costs).

4 minutes ago, Leshen said:

For an over-current alarm/fault to be triggered by a BMS, it physically needs an over-current to occur. And if that happens a few times then the manufacturer has the right to void the warranty. 

Pylontech may contact You for further information regarding a defect. Pylontech may require You to complete root analysis testing of the Product to provide evidence supporting the claim. Final verification of the claim will be made by Pylontech.
If You dispute Pylontech’s verification of the claim, the Product must be evaluated by an EU government certified testing lab or a certified 3rd party testing company. You will bear the cost of any 3rd party evaluation service charge (unless your claim is proven to be valid, in which case Pylontech will be responsible for the testing costs).

SO what is Pylontech trying to tell us ? And how effective is a BMS to protect the system against over discharge ? 

19 minutes ago, Tariq said:

then why all this discussion regarding over the limit current discharge or charge.

In my own installation the over current on the Pylontech battery is important because I have a clown 4KW inverter without a comms cable so there is no setting on the inverter that will prevent over current on the US3000 battery. The maximum draw on my battery has been 55A since I bought the battery a year ago and I check now and then the battery log to see if I am within the recommended specs although I don’t care about the warrantee I do care about the Amperage use of the battery.

I bought a Pylontech purely on the Australian tests that was done and saw that Pylontech was one of the top performers and on that basis I have trust in the product. I threw my warrantee papers away because it won’t help me at all with Pylontechs strick policies, I am planning on getting another Pylontech because although it is a 0.5C it can still discharge to 90% and that’s what counts in my installation.