Thermal IP Cameras!

@Energy take a look at the Hikvision cameras at http://www.sensorsecurity.co.za/product-category/surveillancevideo/cameras-thermal/. Hikvision makes great stuff and we have just bought a number of cameras for our village CCTV system. Not thermal imaging though however much we would like to. Just too pricey for a system funded by voluntary donations.

You could also add Fluke and SeeK thermal imagers to your search. The Seek range is more cost effective.

I have 2 thermal imagers that i am thinking of selling if you are potentially interested in a second hand unit.

Fluke Ti10:  -  R3000    -     Sold

Detector Resolution: 160 by 120, Thermal Sensitivity: 130 mK

Fluke TiR32:  -  R27 000

Detector Resolution: 320 by 220, Thermal Sensitivity: 50 mK

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Carl said:

thermal pics

I usually do this by hand. Run your hand up the side of the tank. Works better at night when the air temperature falls, it is easier to feel the cold air on top with the warm water below. During the day I find it is not as easy to feel the edge of the cold water with the hot air on top.

On 2018/03/05 at 10:32 PM, Chris Hobson said:

The CAT S60 phone has a built in FLIR camera

I would never buy, or freely acquire a CAT phone again in my life. We brought 6 CAT S50 phones a few years ago and they all broke. My wife's fell off the bed and the screen shattered in a thousand pieces. 2 of them have a broken SIM card slot and the other's also broke their screens. When I contacted support they gave me nothing. Nada. Buggeroll support. Yet my Sony, Huawei and Samsung endure a lot of punishment on a regular basis and don't break like this. 

1 hour ago, SilverNodashi said:

I would never buy, or freely acquire a CAT phone again in my life. We brought 6 CAT S50 phones a few years ago and they all broke. My wife's fell off the bed and the screen shattered in a thousand pieces. 2 of them have a broken SIM card slot and the other's also broke their screens. When I contacted support they gave me nothing. Nada. Buggeroll support. Yet my Sony, Huawei and Samsung endure a lot of punishment on a regular basis and don't break like this. 

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I might get one and use it to check for hot spots on DBs etc.

• 1 month later...

Dahua make nice thermal cameras as well as a hybrid which combines a starlight image with the thermal image and makes it easier for unskilled guards to interpret the scene. I made my first CCTV thermal camera up using the Flir unit from a Mercedes and a video server. It's been in a hidden location for a few years now and detects humans at up to 300 meters if used properly. I also have some flir cameras and we clearly pick up humans at 500 meters. I have three types in service.

funny I was also searching around for thermal . but way out of my league

2nd prize is get a normal cctv cam or ip cam but mount a ir light next to it .  we cant see the light but the camera does .

might work for your pupose

cheers.

16 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

Are there thermal cameras suitable for mounting on drones? If so I can think of a myriad of agricultural applications.

Yes you do but they're super expensive. To fit a thermal camera to my DJI Phantom 3 will set me back R110K!

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

would have had a military component

yes @Chris Hobson, i would go as far as to say that the term 'weather satellites' are a misnomer for military intelligence gathering instruments, for economics is probably the axis around which the wheels of power and all it entails spin... wow, must be the coffee... pardon the off topic.

but whilst we are talking, i get error 4 on the axpert, will search the forum and post if necessary...

enjoy your day!

God bless

1 hour ago, gabriel said:

but whilst we are talking, i get error 4 on the axpert, will search the forum and post if necessary...

Error 4 low battery voltage - related to the setting in program 29. In the vanilla software activated at 2V above program 29 and de-activated at 4V above program 29.

1 hour ago, Chris Hobson said:

activated at 2V above program 29 and de-activated at 4V above program 29

my no 29 is set at 46v at present, would it be safe to go as low as 42v? especially seen in the light that the loads which trigger the alarm are of short duration during early morning - toaster, kettle, microwave - about 5 minutes all in all?

4 minutes ago, gabriel said:

my no 29 is set at 46v at present, would it be safe to go as low as 42v? especially seen in the light that the loads which trigger the alarm are of short duration during early morning - toaster, kettle, microwave - about 5 minutes all in all?

Jip especially since you now have a BMV and know what your real SOC is. I presume you are using the ICC's back to grid function.