100AH HALO S-100 12.8V 1C 1.5KWh - Giveaway!

Energy-Jason

26 minutes ago, Modina said:

@Scorp007 Huh?  You have a  24V inverter, you will need a very, very special battery balancer to use this one.  Those still need to be invented. 😅😂

Mistake - what you can remember. I am using 5 inverters around the house on a very regular basis.  My power tool inverter during LS is a DIY with 32 cells at 12V.

2 more that are just in storage in the garage. Old outdated tech and modified sine which I will NEVER use again. Call me a banggat to drive any modern (AC/DC) equipment on a modified sine.

Yes it is special as it only uses 28W self consumption :) - proven with meter readings :)

🤫🤫🤫 @Scorp007  don't give the game away....  the 8KVA guys will laugh us out of here if they read you have 5 "mickey-mouse" inverters, some running on 12V.  We are certainly not part of the "in" crowd.  😆  The absolute minimum entry ticked is a 48V system.

For me, having say, 2 inverters for different loads makes sense.  One inverter can run 24/7 and the other(s) used only where and when needed.  That is why I am investigating some form of load-sensing with automatic start.  Anyway, I think one should learn to drive in a Uno first, before driving big trucks.  Tomorrow's trucks will be better.

16 minutes ago, Modina said:

🤫🤫🤫 @Scorp007  don't give the game away....  the 8KVA guys will laugh us out of here if they read you have 5 "mickey-mouse" inverters, some running on 12V.  We are certainly not part of the "in" crowd.  😆  The absolute minimum entry ticked is a 48V system.

For me, having say, 2 inverters for different loads makes sense.  One inverter can run 24/7 and the other(s) used only where and when needed.  That is why I am investigating some form of load-sensing with automatic start.  Anyway, I think one should learn to drive in a Uno first, before driving big trucks.  Tomorrow's trucks will be better.

I will not easily trade my 2 x Solis grid tieds even for a 96V system. I would rather use 96V as an input to the MPPT and allow it to work at night for 24/7 operation or the part that we have a grid connection. I get a grin when I read about the fan noise when I can use my brick and power 2 fridges and only hear a fan for 2 sec when any one of them start.

I hear you about the size of our tools :) . I smile if I look at my current rates and taxes account and compare it to many years ago.

Edited by Scorp007

@Scorp007 & @Modina Talk about "old" 12V and 24V UPS's. I have 6 Luminous 900VA machines, but only one is in service at my daughters home, the other is a 24V 1400VA machine at a "play school". Others are dismantled for repairs. No time to spend on them now. All are pure sine-wave machines. The modified sine-wave machine is in the vehicle if needed. Ahaa! the money I've wasted to get to a full house inverter.😲

13 hours ago, Energy-Jason said:

Hi All! We have a sealed Halo S-100 in the stock room to give away to the value of R 6898. It needs a home :)

https://app.viralsweep.com/sweeps/full/e9f564-134895?framed=1

Screenshot 2023-04-27 161319.png

S100-LiFePO4-Lithium-Battery-Spec-Sheet-Halo1.pdf 1.39 MB · 13 downloads

Nice prize. I could put that to use to help a retiree keep some lights on. 

• 4 months later...