MORE ESKOM WOES... is that possible?

Gabriël

5 minutes ago, Gabriël said:

eish, i have it installed but somehow was forced to 'allow' some sites, will have to start revoking those privileges 😃 

Only on sites I trust. 🙂 

I like ads. It means someone else pays for my content.

If people want me to subscribe to get content, I will do that too, if I deem it a good deal. The news24 deal, which throws in all sorts of extras including "Die Huisdemoon" is not a good deal IMHO. Hence I simply don't read their content. The end 🙂

ye, we brought in foreigners that don't have the local experience, like the foreigners that design the pulveriser, like thee foreigners that designed the boilers.

it's more a case, use the foreigners, but blend their input with local, long term experience.

G

3 minutes ago, georgelza said:

ye, we brought in foreigners that don't have the local experience, like the foreigners that design the pulveriser, like thee foreigners that designed the boilers.

it's more a case, use the foreigners, but blend their input with local, long term experience.

G

I meant, us / we, those of us with solar systems  

Nope, we not fixing anything, we just disconnecting as far as we can from the mess,

The standard guy in the street, the consumer... is a drop in the bucket as far as load is concerned for Eskom (we're just an innocent by stander), the large business and commercial and industrial industries is the real load.

The mines, the platinum smelters in Richardsbay. 

G

47 minutes ago, georgelza said:

Nope, we not fixing anything, we just disconnecting as far as we can from the mess,

The standard guy in the street, the consumer... is a drop in the bucket as far as load is concerned for Eskom (we're just an innocent by stander), the large business and commercial and industrial industries is the real load.

The mines, the platinum smelters in Richardsbay. 

Ditto.

50 minutes ago, SilverNodashi said:

I meant, us / we, those of us with solar systems  

We only become something when there are 100's - 1000's of us connecting grid tied in suburbs, all over SA ... not off-grid ... that are all allowed to feed power back.

Even then it is a temperamental solution i.e. dependent on how the sun shines, wiht the complications of early evenings / mornings of power needs that are to be met in SA.

At some very small very minute level we are part of the solution - we reduce a teeny weeny fraction of the load daytime - but mostly we are not.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Gabriël said:

he will be an asset to the forum! you have work to do 🤩

Gordon's bay is in the Overberg and I never go there...

(No, it isn't really... but it might as well be! 😉 )

52 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Gordon's bay is in the Overberg and I never go there...

(No, it isn't really... but it might as well be! 😉 )

That is such a Capetonian thing. I'm originally Jhb born bred.

So you listen to Capetonians having an opinion on living in say Jhb / Pta. Deep discussion on why not. Till you ask, have you ever been there? 🙂

Same as people here in Bellville, ever been to S/West? Nope, too far. 

It is a Cape Town thing I tell you.

17 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Same as people here in Bellville, ever been to S/West? Nope, too far. 

Anything on the other side of Worcester is Gauteng. Worcester itself is in the Free State. 

I'm kidding of course. BI'm from Namibia. 400km is considered close enough for a day trip. 

But then I must have a day to spare, and I can hardly make it down to the local solar place to buy fuses these days... 

Edited by plonkster

1 minute ago, plonkster said:

Anything on the other side of Worcester is Gauteng. Worcester itself is in the Free State. 

I've heard that before too!!! (cwl) 

6 minutes ago, plonkster said:

nei man, now you throw a spanner in my whole citizenship thing.... i'll have to now regress to my locality of inception, if i can recall that must have been barrydale 🤔

2 minutes ago, Gabriël said:

nei man, now you throw a spanner in my whole citizenship thing.... i'll have to now regress to my locality of inception, if i can recall that must have been barrydale 🤔

You live on the West Coast ... that is not even part of Western Cape.

As a matter of fact, where is the West Coast? Crayfish and bokkoms do come to mind though. 🤣

34 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

You live on the West Coast ... that is not even part of Western Cape

hehehe, some call it the bokkomvlakte, some call it home and having stayed here for nearly ten years i would say it sometimes smacks of the wild west where some dubious types try to hide from the [now paralyzed] long arms of the law 🤪

Ok, deep breaths ... is this what I've been waiting on, the first step leading, in the end, towards the State buying power from home users too?

Jeff Radebe opens electricity generation floodgates

Energy minister Jeff Radebe has opened the way for businesses to generate their own electricity and feed this into the national grid.

The move is a crucial development that will assist in alleviating electricity supply constraints and open the generation market to enable more private entities to provide power alongside Eskom.

That's some good news at least. The most recent bad news (last night) is that Anglo Gold is pulling out. So hopefully someone will buy them out and the 400 000 jobs will be retained (plus the 4 million people who depend on that), but it is rather a significant move. Apparently government threatened to cancel their mining license because of BEE. Apparently it's just not profitable for them anymore.