New offgrider with questions pls..

From my experience, I would say that having 4x 3.6kWh brick (14.4kWh of lithium battery) is really sufficient to survive a night or two, having a relative comfort at the same time. By the "comfort" I mean that you can make a tea/coffe, run a washing machine, watch TV etc.

Good luck!

I've stumbled onto this thread a bit late.  Regarding the Huawei batteries:

If they only give 3 kWh then there's something very wrong with them.  New they should, from float to 44 V, last 118.8 minutes at a 50 A discharge current.  That is 4.356 kWh.  At the 80% end of life capacity, it should still give 3.48 kWh from a full charge.  If that battery is in a good condition you shouldn't have issues getting 4 kWh out of it.  It does sound as though these were discarded for a reason, or it was stored for a very long time without recharge.  At temperatures below 30 deg C the recharge interval for storage is 12 months, for temperatures higher than 30 degC it is 8 months.

What I don't like about them is that they have too many software functions.  You can software limit the charge- and discharge currents, which may be what happened in your case.  Huawei also have a software "lock" function which they offer the telco providers.  The lock function will basically prohibit any discharge unless the battery is conencted to a rectifier paired to it. 

• 3 months later...
On 2018/11/27 at 8:58 AM, Chris Hobson said:

So long cycle life is dependent on a charging rate of 0.2C. The don't say what would happen if you charge at 1C but Pylontech and others  use the same trick.

So I would have:

Program 2  20A per module

Program 11 20A per module

Program 26 53.5V

Program 27 50.7V

@weber and @coulomb could give you a more refined answer.

Chris...I have 3 Huawei 100AH 48 V batteries connected to 2 Axpert 4kw/5kva Mecer inverteres. Should I take your figures above for prog 2 and 11 and trebble then (as I have three batteries) and the split those values between the two inverters. That would mean setting both to 30 for each prog.

Also I have Program 27 at 51...what are the consequences of that?

Edited by shumbaman

On 2019/06/27 at 5:23 PM, shumbaman said:

Should I take your figures above for prog 2 and 11 and treble then (as I have three batteries) and the split those values between the two inverters. That would mean setting both to 30 for each prog.

Yes, exactly.

On 2019/06/27 at 5:23 PM, shumbaman said:

Also I have Program 27 at 51...what are the consequences of that?

It just puts the float voltage a little higher. It means you will leave the cells at a higher voltage than necessary, reducing expected life a little. But you will have a tiny bit more energy in the battery for supporting loads.

On 2019/06/28 at 2:14 PM, Coulomb said:

Yes, exactly.

It just puts the float voltage a little higher. It means you will leave the cells at a higher voltage than necessary, reducing expected life a little. But you will have a tiny bit more energy in the battery for supporting loads.

The battery spec is Float at 51 V I have 2 of these batteries on a victron Multiplus.

• 1 month later...
On 2018/11/26 at 2:47 PM, Petum said:

greetings!

i have stumbled apon an auction and managed to organize a Huawei ESM-48100A power cube Li-ion battery.

Please see attached datasheet and please take a moment to advise recommended settings etc for me axpert!

http://e-file.huawei.com/en-HK/material/onLineView?MaterialID=70fc496df59b48ac86b713c4adc4d269

esm.jpeg

esm2.jpeg

Hi Petum,

How did this work out in the end ? I have just got one, voltage is good but not tested in load situation....

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this thread and have found it very useful as I am having similar problems. I have 10 panels of 325w and a 5kW inverter and running 5 huawei 100ah Li ion batteries. The batteries never seem to get full and end up on 47v and the inverter (MECER) indicates two bars indicating about 50 percent power. I am not sure about the battery settings though. Can anyone please advise. 

• 3 months later...

hi,

im experiencing issues with my inverter.

i have an axpert /pylon setup.

if the system goes 'flat' and the pylon batteries turn off.. i have to have AC to power the unit back on, even tho solar is there and charging?

is there a setting where i can get the axpert to turn on again with only solar?

@Petum - Not that I recall. @Chris Hobson or @Coulomb can advise better on the Axpert and possibly the new pylontechs. When I ran off-grid and the batteries dropped below the Axpert set values, I always had to try a few tricks "AKA fiddle here, fiddle there" before it would switch back online properly, most often only when the solar came back and powered it sufficiently). Admittedly I could do this remotely, but it seems like the Pylontechs reset buttons are not accessible remotely?

14 hours ago, Petum said:

Is there a setting where i can get the axpert to turn on again with only solar?

The Axpert isn't the problem; it will happily charge the battery if it is switched on, unless the voltage is insanely low, but that won't happen with LFP batteries unless they're seriously damaged.

You could perhaps change the Axpert settings so that next time the battery won't disconnect before the Axpert does. But that doesn't help your present problem.

• 1 year later...
On 2019/07/05 at 10:39 AM, isaac said:

Goddday 

Am looking for four batteries Huawei ism 48100a1 where can I get them in Sa

Hi,did you come right with these batteries. 

I have 2 and may be looking to get rid of them.  Unfortunately i just dint have the space in my garage.  

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Romex said:

Mine suddenly turned on alarm

What is the fault code on the front of the unit? Either next to the "ERROR" icon, or two digits following an F (e.g. F09 = Fault code 09).

Assuming that we are talking about an Axpert (with various names: Mecer, RCT, Kodak, ...) here.

• 7 months later...
On 2019/12/11 at 6:14 AM, Coulomb said:

The Axpert isn't the problem; it will happily charge the battery if it is switched on, unless the voltage is insanely low, but that won't happen with LFP batteries unless they're seriously damaged.

You could perhaps change the Axpert settings so that next time the battery won't disconnect before the Axpert does. But that doesn't help your present problem.

On 2019/12/10 at 5:11 PM, Petum said:

yes i know that, but on holiday, i want the system to turn on again!

hello my foreign language is not good i am sorry

I have 2 batteries 48100b1 I have the same problems, did you find a solution for this?