Pylontech Console Cable

FixAMess

I'm looking for such a cable, does anybody know where I can get one made up in SA?

CONSOLE PORT (RJ-11 connector) pylontech battery cable as below, its to talk natively to the US3000 battery BMS.

It comes from Yodas post;

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-53641Here's the wiring:

xxx.jpg

Edited by FixAMess
Update

• 7 months later...
On 15/4/2020 at 10:11, FixAMess said:

Estoy buscando un cable de este tipo, ¿alguien sabe dónde puedo conseguir uno en SA?

PUERTO DE CONSOLA  (conector RJ-11) cable de batería pylontech como se muestra a continuación, es para hablar de forma nativa con el BMS de la batería US3000.

Viene de la publicación de Yodas;

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-53641 Aquí está el cableado:

xxx.jpg

Hello dear, I am able to manufacture the cable, I have searched many parts but I have not found a clear scheme, a man from South Africa sold me one, but he sold it as a precious stone.

• 2 months later...

I manufactured one for myself, thanks to the schematics above. For the moment I have only 8 US3000 batteries, but I will add another 4 plus a LV Hub, so I will end up with 2 separate banks of 6 batteries. I assume that there is no solution to monitor all connected banks with one cable, but each bank itself...so either you just move the cable from bank to another, or you have one cable per bank. Correct?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021/02/24 at 8:42 AM, cristimv said:

I manufactured one for myself, thanks to the schematics above. For the moment I have only 8 US3000 batteries, but I will add another 4 plus a LV Hub, so I will end up with 2 separate banks of 6 batteries. I assume that there is no solution to monitor all connected banks with one cable, but each bank itself...so either you just move the cable from bank to another, or you have one cable per bank. Correct?

With US3000C you can now connect up to 16 units in one stack without LV Hub.

On 2020/04/15 at 4:11 PM, FixAMess said:

I'm looking for such a cable, does anybody know where I can get one made up in SA?

CONSOLE PORT (RJ-11 connector) pylontech battery cable as below, its to talk natively to the US3000 battery BMS.

It comes from Yodas post;

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-53641Here's the wiring:

xxx.jpg

Hi,

I use a normal USB-Serial converter. I then made a cable DB9 to RJ11 and used the info in the Pylontech manual to wire. It is working fine on ICC software and Raspberry PI. I just bought a US3000C and the console port is now a RJ45. I just made a new DB9 to RJ45 cable using info in Pylontech manual. That is also working fine. Just remember RS232-TX of the Pylontech goes to RS-232 RX on DB9 and RS232-RX of the Pylontech goes to RS-232 TX on DB9.

• 1 year later...
On 2021/03/21 at 9:17 AM, Henwilsch said:

Hi,

I use a normal USB-Serial converter. I then made a cable DB9 to RJ11 and used the info in the Pylontech manual to wire. It is working fine on ICC software and Raspberry PI. I just bought a US3000C and the console port is now a RJ45. I just made a new DB9 to RJ45 cable using info in Pylontech manual. That is also working fine. Just remember RS232-TX of the Pylontech goes to RS-232 RX on DB9 and RS232-RX of the Pylontech goes to RS-232 TX on DB9.

Hello. How do I wire the RJ45 to DB9 to connect to the battery console inorder to use battery view

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I've created a simple version - see below.  Let me know if anyone is interested - supports both RJ-11 and RJ-45 connectors. The RJ-45 to RJ-11/45 cable supports both the older and newer Pylontech models. 

See picture and let me know.  Based on Pretoria.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 9.08.04 PM.jpeg

• 8 months later...
On 2022/07/20 at 2:36 PM, Marius2001 said:

Hi guys,

I've created a simple version - see below.  Let me know if anyone is interested - supports both RJ-11 and RJ-45 connectors. The RJ-45 to RJ-11/45 cable supports both the older and newer Pylontech models. 

See picture and let me know.  Based on Pretoria.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 9.08.04 PM.jpeg

Where can I get one of these? Can anyone else confirm if it actually works with batteryview and Pylontech US3000

• 5 months later...

I'd like to make this with a USB on the computer side fanning out to a rj45 and in parallel a rs11 allowing me to connect to my older US2000 and the new US3000C.

have anyone done this ?

Can I straight connect or do I need to use a TTL/RS232 board. In which case which ports of the TTL/RS232 do I connect to which pins on the RS11 and RS45?

G

The USB is on the one side and the RS232 the other.  Then the other half of the RS232 either has a RJ11 or a RJ45 at the other end hence the kit coming with both. You have to connect the RS232 male to the RS232 female to complete the cable -> USB - RS232 - RJ11/RJ45. The firmware update would be a once off but at least you can pull the logs from the batteries with the Battery View software at any stage.   

The USB is on the one side and the RS232 the other.  Then the other half of the RS232 either has a RJ11 or a RJ45 at the other end hence the kit coming with both. You have to connect the RS232 male to the RS232 female to complete the cable -> USB - RS232 - RJ11/RJ45. The firmware update would be a once off but at least you can pull the logs from the batteries with the Battery View software at any stage.   

i asked as you gave it that this is all i need, looking at the kit it only does usb to rs232, it does not imply (in writing) anywhere that i can see connectivity bits for either RJ45 or RJ11.

if you look at the picture the blue at the top clearly rs232/USB and i'm guessing the black cable is RS232 => RJ** implies I need to buy 2 of these. not happening for a once off fw upgrade.

Haven't pulled logs in 4 yrs... can't see it being important enough to justify R750+ 

G