Goodwe ES Series Inverter. Software System for Real Time Monitoring in LAN.

Cef

I present this program that I share with you in its VERSION 2.0. It is only for Goodwe Series "ES", that is, for GW3648D-ES and GW5048D-ES.

It has been developed solely for academic and hobby purposes, without any commercial objective.

With reference to Version 1.0 of the download area of the forum, beyond the correction of errors, small aesthetic changes, elimination of erroneous information from Goodwe itself (e_day and e_total), the self-discovery of the Power Inverter within the LAN network and adding battery self-defining parameters, I found it interesting to focus on one of Goodwe's weak points, which is the error log.

Like most users who have experienced them and beyond the degree of technical knowledge, I would have liked Goodwe some more information when a "trip" occurs due to different circumstances during the use of batteries, normal operation or provoked with reference to The Working Load and Maximum Powers allowed, either in essential or non-essential loads or in both.

The operating parameters in the event of an error, the SEMS PORTAL shows them with 1 (minute) between data, a true eternity, this is of little use and the resulting query is frustrating, generally.

This topic has been mentioned among other threads here:

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/4272-victron-easysolar-5kva-or-goodwe-5048d-es/?tab=comments#comment-68163
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/6782-goodwe-tripping-problem/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/5068-tripping-of-goodwe-inverter/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/6275-goodwe-5048es-not-restarting-after-backup-output-trips/page/2/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/5304-goodwe-cutting-power-to-house/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/7085-goodwe-5048d-es-fault-tripped-with-a-bang/

Trip events ARE NOT REGISTERED by GOODWE, at least not in all circumstances from what I have seen.
Goodwe records some events that are of some use, but there are not many. These can be consulted in the PV Master application as you already know and with a descriptive text. In this system that I make available to the PowerPhorum community, the option * Error / event log * shows the GOODWE events registered in PV Master, whose code I have been able to associate with a description in red letters on a white background and with the In order for this to have a greater sense and utility, I have added to this register the fundamental parameters of Operation at the time of the Device Error, such as Temperature, Apparent Power (workload), Effective, Voltages, Loads, Batteries, etc.

The rest of the Events appear with the name "System", of these there is a group in black letters and a red background that are the Reset and Trip events, because when Goodwe is reset it does not leave any record. To partially solve this, the parameters that I show in these cases are the live values taken "1 (one) sample before the event", that is, if the update of the live data you want to set it to, for example, 1000 milliseconds and The this system finds that Goodwe rebooted at 10:25:30, for example, in the Event Log you will see the live data logged up to 10:25:29.

To be more accurate than what the Goodwe readings give, if you have higher precision instruments than the device sensors, for example with external AC meters like the Eastron SDM series,Carlo Gavazzi, etc., or for batteries using a multimeter or with a Victron BMB600 or BMV702 connected between the batteries and the Inverter, in the OPTION "PARAMETERS" the AC Voltage values can be corrected and, on the other hand, Current or DC Voltages in the state of charge or discharge of the batteries in +/- to the hundredth of a volt or ampere. In this case, in the "LIVE DATA" section of the left panel, the parameter with the [c] indication will appear. If you accept the direct Goodwe values without any correction, just leave the values at "0", I have also added the Goodwe "Self-Consumption" Value for better precision in energy calculations. My device draws between 60 and 66 watts, which is more than the manufacturer reports. You can adjust other values for greater precision that are self-explanatory.
They will also have an idea of the actual maximum daily PV voltages and amps under load conditions (V imp and A imp) of each string, which can guide us to make modifications to our strings by pushing a little further towards the Goodwe limit in a more safe.

The maximum daily values of some parameters appear on the main screen of the scheme. I emphasize that to update a maximum value, internally I consider it only if 2 (two) consecutive samples are higher than the previous one, this in order to avoid peaks due to AC harmonics and / or other electrical disturbances with very instantaneous peaks.

Your comments and suggestions welcome!

Edited by Moderator2
requested by the OP

5 hours ago, Beylie said:

Cef, v2 is a thing of beauty. The detection worked fine. Not sure what the fourth mode is for? Mine just stays blank.

I see you've pasted part of your post twice above. Happens if you post at 3am! :D

Thank you for this, it is very useful!

It is for those looking for a "minimalist" presentation with only Goodwe's colored LEDs.🙂
Yes. Thanks to the intervention of a Moderator, the duplicate part could be deleted ...

I started having issues with v2 yesterday. It says it cannot find the inverter. With v1 I can connect to it by specifying the IP. I can also connect to the inverter with PV Master. A wifi diagnostic in PV Master shows that all is good.

I then realised that I installed VirtualBox to test something. This created an IP of 192.168.56.1. For some reason the autodetection is trying to look for the inverter from this IP:

image.png.74366280034d97aaf6dde3d18ce6de36.png

image.png.943cb61ea22e49c4bb1227a456609c1f.png

How can I force it to look for the inverter from 192.168.0.100 (which is my computer) instead of the VirtualBox host adapter?

Edited by Beylie

1 hour ago, Beylie said:

...Luego me di cuenta de que instalé VirtualBox para probar algo. Esto creó una IP de 192.168.56.1. Por alguna razón, la autodetección está intentando buscar el inversor desde esta IP:¿Cómo puedo obligarlo a buscar el inversor de 192.168.0.100 (que es mi computadora) en lugar del adaptador de host VirtualBox?

Hi. I don't know exactly what you installed, what I see there are two different networks: 192.168.56.1 and 192.168.0.1, but first of all. Let's try this:
1) Make sure that your router did not change the IP that it assigned to Goodwe on your LAN and that you think it still has. To do this, from the Windows command window where you installed the system, execute the PING command to the IP that you assure is the Goodwe IP. Assuming your Goodwe IP is: 192.168.0.150, type from cmd.exe, for example:
C :\ ping 192.168.0.150 -t
You should reply packets. When your inverter is visible (positive PING command response), the software will find it. If you don't have them, the soft cannot find Goodwe on your NETWORK LAN.
From what I have seen the connection with the Goodwe SEMS PORTAL and with the PV MASTER does not ensure that your Inverter is visible from another machine on your LAN. I suppose that due to errors not yet corrected in one of Goodwe's weak points, which is its WIFI Network Board.

image.png.1314ab316c23deb994e4dcca2ee7bad9.png

Ping is successful.

image.png.58202fad042e5250a1dfd0813fe41722.png

Connected to the same IP from V1.

image.png.5986f69f6794f3f832aca3d7cdf298f1.png

V2 does not find the inverter on 192.168.0.115. Firewall sees that it tries to reach it from 192.168.56.1 (virtual adapter) instead of 192.168.0.100 (physical adapter).

Uninstalling the virtual adapter fixed the issue, but then you can't use VirtualBox.

I did find a solution though. You can set the priority order for network adapters in Windows. I followed the instructions in here - Instructions - to set my physical adapter (192.168.0.100) to priority 1 (it was set to automatic) and set the VirtualBox adapter to 75. Immediately the auto-detection for V2 of your program started working as it was now using the correct adapter to look for the inverter!

image.png.8a555ccef5e404e547920de54563270b.png

Thank you for helping me test and leading me in the right direction. This information might be beneficial to other users who have more than 1 adapter (physical or virtual) in their computers. You might also consider adding an option to choose which adapter to use if there is more than one in the system.

Edited by Beylie

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/01/23 at 2:59 AM, Cef said:

I present this program that I share with you in its VERSION 2.0. It is only for Goodwe Series "ES", that is, for GW3648D-ES and GW5048D-ES.

It has been developed solely for academic and hobby purposes, without any commercial objective.

With reference to Version 1.0 of the download area of the forum, beyond the correction of errors, small aesthetic changes, elimination of erroneous information from Goodwe itself (e_day and e_total), the self-discovery of the Power Inverter within the LAN network and adding battery self-defining parameters, I found it interesting to focus on one of Goodwe's weak points, which is the error log.

Like most users who have experienced them and beyond the degree of technical knowledge, I would have liked Goodwe some more information when a "trip" occurs due to different circumstances during the use of batteries, normal operation or provoked with reference to The Working Load and Maximum Powers allowed, either in essential or non-essential loads or in both.

The operating parameters in the event of an error, the SEMS PORTAL shows them with 1 (minute) between data, a true eternity, this is of little use and the resulting query is frustrating, generally.

This topic has been mentioned among other threads here:

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/4272-victron-easysolar-5kva-or-goodwe-5048d-es/?tab=comments#comment-68163
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/6782-goodwe-tripping-problem/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/5068-tripping-of-goodwe-inverter/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/6275-goodwe-5048es-not-restarting-after-backup-output-trips/page/2/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/5304-goodwe-cutting-power-to-house/
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/7085-goodwe-5048d-es-fault-tripped-with-a-bang/

Trip events ARE NOT REGISTERED by GOODWE, at least not in all circumstances from what I have seen.
Goodwe records some events that are of some use, but there are not many. These can be consulted in the PV Master application as you already know and with a descriptive text. In this system that I make available to the PowerPhorum community, the option * Error / event log * shows the GOODWE events registered in PV Master, whose code I have been able to associate with a description in red letters on a white background and with the In order for this to have a greater sense and utility, I have added to this register the fundamental parameters of Operation at the time of the Device Error, such as Temperature, Apparent Power (workload), Effective, Voltages, Loads, Batteries, etc.

The rest of the Events appear with the name "System", of these there is a group in black letters and a red background that are the Reset and Trip events, because when Goodwe is reset it does not leave any record. To partially solve this, the parameters that I show in these cases are the live values taken "1 (one) sample before the event", that is, if the update of the live data you want to set it to, for example, 1000 milliseconds and The this system finds that Goodwe rebooted at 10:25:30, for example, in the Event Log you will see the live data logged up to 10:25:29.

To be more accurate than what the Goodwe readings give, if you have higher precision instruments than the device sensors, for example with external AC meters like the Eastron SDM series,Carlo Gavazzi, etc., or for batteries using a multimeter or with a Victron BMB600 or BMV702 connected between the batteries and the Inverter, in the OPTION "PARAMETERS" the AC Voltage values can be corrected and, on the other hand, Current or DC Voltages in the state of charge or discharge of the batteries in +/- to the hundredth of a volt or ampere. In this case, in the "LIVE DATA" section of the left panel, the parameter with the [c] indication will appear. If you accept the direct Goodwe values without any correction, just leave the values at "0", I have also added the Goodwe "Self-Consumption" Value for better precision in energy calculations. My device draws between 60 and 66 watts, which is more than the manufacturer reports. You can adjust other values for greater precision that are self-explanatory.
They will also have an idea of the actual maximum daily PV voltages and amps under load conditions (V imp and A imp) of each string, which can guide us to make modifications to our strings by pushing a little further towards the Goodwe limit in a more safe.

The maximum daily values of some parameters appear on the main screen of the scheme. I emphasize that to update a maximum value, internally I consider it only if 2 (two) consecutive samples are higher than the previous one, this in order to avoid peaks due to AC harmonics and / or other electrical disturbances with very instantaneous peaks.

Your comments and suggestions welcome!

Great tool thank you Cef. Can you let me know how you/they calculate Grid Imported Power outside of P.Invert.? Or where do you get it from? I have an installation where I have quite a few heavy users (appliances) of electricity that does not go through the inverter, and it does not show here when used. Your diagram shows exactly the configuration I have. Will appreciate.

11 hours ago, Kobus Fick said:

Great tool thank you Cef. Can you let me know how you/they calculate Grid Imported Power outside of P.Invert.? Or where do you get it from? I have an installation where I have quite a few heavy users (appliances) of electricity that does not go through the inverter, and it does not show here when used. Your diagram shows exactly the configuration I have. Will appreciate.

Hi.
Simple answer: This data, in theory, corresponds to Non-Essential Loads, if the Goodwe is connected according to the User Manual. This data I do not calculate. It is a live data in response to an interrogation command sent to the current inverter by whatever software does it properly. I show it graphically.
Regards !

On 2021/02/12 at 10:54 PM, Cef said:

Hi.
Simple answer: This data, in theory, corresponds to Non-Essential Loads, if the Goodwe is connected according to the User Manual. This data I do not calculate. It is a live data in response to an interrogation command sent to the current inverter by whatever software does it properly. I show it graphically.
Regards !

Thank you CEF, noted and I understand. Great dashboard, much better than SEMS.

Thanks, Cef. New version looks great. A few observations:

* The info when hovering over the systray icon is great!

* The tooltips help a lot to make sense of it all.

* My total PV shows as 0 all the time:

image.png.5017fe7884f183a7cabb77fd83949a22.png

* The white inverter is very nice! ❤️ 

image.png.e0b7bd268d44623e8d8839659aa38993.png

* My non-essential loads seems to work correctly but I still need to look at it a bit more.

* I like that if there's an event the icon in the systray changes and warns you to check it.

As I spend more time with it, I'll give more feedback. Thank you for the updated version!

4 hours ago, Beylie said:

* My total PV shows as 0 all the time:

image.png.5017fe7884f183a7cabb77fd83949a22.png

Hi !
I was reviewing this and the reason is because in "PARAMETERS", option: PV DC-AC conversion efficiency (Goodwe reports 97%) = you must have "0", put here a value of 97 or higher.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/02/16 at 1:40 PM, Cef said:

Hi !
I was reviewing this and the reason is because in "PARAMETERS", option: PV DC-AC conversion efficiency (Goodwe reports 97%) = you must have "0", put here a value of 97 or higher.

Good day,

As a newby, please advise where this can be changed. Thank you

CEF. Finally Managed to get the time to install.

Ok so I have logged into inverter via PV MASTER ( just to test that i can see it on the network. all good) 

now running v2.5 and error comes up .

Time out. Goodwe inverter detected in LAN but not respond to Id Command or there is another session....

No other sessions open.. its almost like its timeing out .. i know when i used my phone it took a while to recognise inverter. can a person adjust the time to establish connection..

Ta