Axpert AXMAX8K48V Wifi Module & WatchPower Setup

Question

How do you setup the WiFi module on the Axpert 8kw to be able to use the WatchPower App on an android phone. I have tried numerous times to set it up but cannot do so. I get to a certain section where it tries to confirm the WiFi module and it goes to the diagnosis screen.

I am also having a problem trying to register my PN on the WatchPower App.

Any help will really, really be appreciated

Screenshot_20210203-101525_WatchPower.jpg

IMG-20210202-WA0050.jpg

9 answers to this question

The WatchPower App started working last night, the only reason that I can think that it started working was that it takes a day or two to register on the app.

I still cannot register my id using the app, I am using a friend's id to access my inverter. 

On 2021/02/04 at 9:40 PM, azharc said:

How do you setup the WiFi module on the Axpert 8kw to be able to use the WatchPower App on an android phone. I have tried numerous times to set it up but cannot do so. I get to a certain section where it tries to confirm the WiFi module and it goes to the diagnosis screen.

I am also having a problem trying to register my PN on the WatchPower App.

Any help will really, really be appreciated

Screenshot_20210203-101525_WatchPower.jpg

IMG-20210202-WA0050.jpg

Hi Please advise .. where do i see the Module PN no idea what is is or where to get it.

Regards A.

The Watch Power app id can only work with a unique PN/serial no, ie. you cannot have multiple Watch Power id's accessing a PN/serial no.

To delete a device on the Watch Power app on the device list screen swipe left for the delete option.

Hi

Just a query on the WatchPower application for PC. My inverter unit came with only an ethernet port. The cable is ethernet to female serial (RS232). I now need to get a male serial to USB as many computers dont come with RS232 anymore. Does anyone have experience of this working or not with the additional cable?

Tried a normally wired ethernet cable but did not work. Does anyone know if an ethernet crossover cable will work directly from inverter to PC?

1 hour ago, Vani said:

Tried a normally wired ethernet cable but did not work.

It's not an ethernet port, it's an RJ-45 socket (which is commonly used for ethernet) that has RS-232 on it. The cable that comes with the inverter-charger has no electronics in it, it's just wires. So you need a USB to serial adapter, and plug that into the RJ-45 to serial (D9) cable.

There are a few that are known to work and available in South Africa: see this post and search (find in page) for USB. 

Edited by Coulomb

i got the serial to usb cable. Installed the driver through device manager. Not getting any life from the inverter though. The application does see the new com port but no data coming through at all. Also tried allowing SNMP trap through the firewall but no luck. Anyone with any experience here?

I experienced the same issues with multiple serial to usb cables. The serial to usb cables are problematic, however the mecer brand that I borrowed from a friend works 100%. It is available online from Makro as well. Hope this works for you.

https://www.makro.co.za/electronics-computers/wifi-networking/accessories/accessories/mecer-ap1103---serial-adapter/p/9b99f599-b8f2-4dff-b13a-8929b9596873?gclid=CjwKCAiAkJKCBhAyEiwAKQBCkvNpgIIHoNZpM9Ju6CuP_nV6_cfdhd8mVttvim_GHlEnEwYajqlCcRoCWgwQAvD_BwE