SunSynk 5kw

Donovanvdb

Hi All,

What's your ac temps like on your inverter, I have the 5kw with no external fans (Latest model)

The heatsink gets quit hot to where its still touchable but almost at a burring stage.

Max temp for the day 53.6

Is this a problem or normal? Inverter is in the garage with temps of 24 and a small breez.

Will the inverter protect itself when overheating?

sun5kw.png.2a0153307cbb3be7732360c982d497de.png

Strange, what you have in your pic at the bottom of your inverter I have on the top of mine, and when looking from underneath I can see the fan.

Temps I gave you are for the DC inductor, and looking at my device graphs the max AC temp is about 45 to 48 deg when running at 2000 to 3000 watts from solar and the fan does not come on.

And yes the inverter will trip if it over heats.

17 hours ago, Pumba said:

Strange, what you have in your pic at the bottom of your inverter

I also inspected my inverter from top to bottom when I received it. At the bottom something looks like a fan but their are no visible moving parts. But one thing to keep in mind these units are IP 65 rated. Designed to work on ship decks and take a water spray without a problem. So if it sits on a garage wall under a roof  it might look a bit strange.

The fan for the sunsynk is inside the inverter box, you can hear it when you open the connection panel and the inverter is a bit hot, I've seen my inverter go up to 65 degrees so i placed two pc fans on the heat sinks extracting air now, so they stay under 50 degrees

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Convict said:

Seems mine doesn't display Temps.  Not sure if it's a fault or just how the new 5kva units are . 

Screenshot_20211116-075900_solarman.jpg

The screen you are showing here is from SolarmanPro App. You need to link it to SolarmanSMART App. That one will show you temp as described on the screen above. You can link the same inverter to both Apps.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Terminal3k said:

So my sunsynk 5kw inverter is getting up to 75 deg, can't hear any fan coming on.... Any suggestions? 

Screenshot_20221012_165924_Chrome.jpg

Its going to blow up 😅🤣😅

Its not ideal but it will keep going. I've resorted to putting a fan underneath mine and now temps don't go above 65

1 minute ago, Terminal3k said:

What fan do you use? 

Bought this one from Makro 

https://www.makro.co.za/appliances/fans-heaters-air-coolers/fans/floor-fans/elektra-23-cm-floor-fan-/p/000000000000383947_EA

Plugged the UsB fan into the Pi i have by the inverter and that runs 24/7. If it gets hotter I'll use the larger fan also