New Hubble AM-Series Released (AM-5, AM-4, AM-2+)

HiTech

Seen a few adverts making the rounds with regards to the new Hubble AM Series batteries - See specs and pamphlet below.

New AM-5 Released, while also seeing the AM-2 Revision 2  and an AM-4 series released.

AM-10 still listed as future release.

Question being, are these in time and do they have the necessary enhancements to maintain the Hubble brand?

Specs as per Hubblelithium.co.za
The AM-5 is the first of its series to have LFP prismatic cells, featuring a 5.12kWh system capacity as well as monitoring capabilities via the Hubble Cloudlink.

Specification: 51.2V 5.12KWh
Rating: 1C
Parallel: up to 8 packs with full communications
Extras: Battery Link & DC cables included
Internal Fire Suppression System: Yes
CAN Bus: Yes
Hubble Cloudlink Ready: Yes

image.jpeg.6630e41212097495f6eb2e9c552c0c62.jpeg

AM-5 Flyer.pdf

There's a global trend to move from NMC to LFP, in EVs in any case, so they're just mirroring the trend. We could do with more 1C contenders in this space, and it's good to see that Hubble aren't just one two three trick ponies, so yes, I think that they add depth and value to the brand.

Not sure what you meant about timing?

2 hours ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

There's a global trend to move from NMC to LFP, in EVs in any case, so they're just mirroring the trend. We could do with more 1C contenders in this space, and it's good to see that Hubble aren't just one two three trick ponies, so yes, I think that they add depth and value to the brand.

At this stage, it seems like the only 1C 6000cycle battery around 

6 hours ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

Was relating to the fact they have had a bad stint on the last batches of AM2's, together with the issue of having to rectify the ratings of the batteries and hoping this was in time to ensure they recovered their market space. 
Fortunately have not experienced any of these issues on my units thus far, yet issues with poor connections on RS232 connectors and cannot get their Cloudlink to to communicate with the Sunsynk12K (With Hubblelithium assisting). 

7 hours ago, Leshen said:

Not the only, you can get the Weco 5K3 if you search around, and there may be others.

But for Hubble to enter with this spec and with big scale could be a game-changer, if the price is right. Basically it just makes a small but capable solar solution more economically viable as an alternative to Eskom, as compared to a 3000-cycle 1C battery, if you look at total cost per kWh of generation and storage combined.

1 hour ago, zsde said:

That depended on the Inverter used. I have the original AM-2, zero degradation, original Firmware and still rated at 110Ah.

Good point - was definitely specific to inverters.  Although numerous confirmation of units being sent in and confirming faulty cells, with repairs and replacements being performed.  Expect that's true for many products with high sale numbers, there will always be a % of DOA's.

2 hours ago, uDuWaR said:

Do you think the AM-2 Revision 2 will be compatible with the original to parallel ? 

No you wont be able to. You cannot run NMC chemistry with LFP they have much different voltages/characteristics.Edit * I see the revised AM-2 is still NMC by the looks of it so you should be able to pair them up with the old version .

Edited by Nexuss

56 minutes ago, Nexuss said:

No you wont be able to. You cannot run NMC chemistry with LFP they have much different voltages/characteristics.Edit * I see the revised AM-2 is still NMC by the looks of it so you should be able to pair them up with the old version .

As far as I understand the AM2 revision 2 will still be NMC, whereas the AM5 will be LFP

Edited by zsde

2 hours ago, zsde said:

That depended on the Inverter used. I have the original AM-2, zero degradation, original Firmware and still rated at 110Ah.

Same with my 3 Hubble AM2s, and a 5K Sunsynk. Haven't skipped a beat, no drama at all. I have an old original red Cloudlink (the old RIOT), the serial # is still in double digits and I had it manually upgraded OTA by Hubble tech support this week. No issues whatsoever.

I am looking to buy three AM-2's shortly to run with a Sunsynk 8kw inverter. However these new AM-5's are now available for not that much more. Should I go for the AM-5's? I cant say I understand the difference in battery chemistry. What are the real world advantages if any?

I have read the Hubble Lithium Battery AM-2 5.5kWh thread from beginning to end and am a bit concerned about the AM-2's but as mentioned in that thread, they have sold a lot of them and the firmware has been updated to fix the data issue. 

Thanks 

Edited by Chris888

On 2022/09/02 at 3:09 PM, zsde said:

I have the 110 Ah AM-2 batteries too but also some of the newer AM-2 Batteries but their performance are not as good as the old ones they are also much lighter 42 KG for the old ones and 34 KG for the new ones. 

On 2022/09/01 at 1:40 PM, Leshen said:

Speak of the devil, check out https://powerforum-store.co.za/collections/batterys/products/greenrich-u-p3686-lithium-battery-3-686kwh-51-2v

6000 cycles @ 95% DoD, 1.5C discharge rate

Powerforumstore is giving one of them away:

4 hours ago, Boerseun said:

I have the 110 Ah AM-2 batteries too but also some of the newer AM-2 Batteries but their performance are not as good as the old ones they are also much lighter 42 KG for the old ones and 34 KG for the new ones. 

As a matter of interest, did you parallel the  new ones with the old ones without a Firmware change on the old one?  Would really like to know if that can be done.

1 hour ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

Speak of the devil, check out https://powerforum-store.co.za/collections/batterys/products/greenrich-u-p3686-lithium-battery-3-686kwh-51-2v

6000 cycles @ 95% DoD, 1.5C discharge rate

Powerforumstore is giving one of them away:

Definitely going to try it out with the next installation 

On 2022/09/09 at 6:21 PM, zsde said:

As a matter of interest, did you parallel the  new ones with the old ones without a Firmware change on the old one?  Would really like to know if that can be done.

Yep I paralleled them didn't mess with the old firmware those batteries still work like a charm with 100% SOH the new ones not so sure going to do some capacity testes etc when time allows..

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Robbie. Vdtoorn said:

Hi guys

I need some advice please. 

I bought the new Hubble Hm-5 battery. And connected it with a Apex inverter. The problem is it only charges to 3 lights(75%) is there anybody that has a idee please? 

What are your charge voltage settings on the inverter? The hubble website suggests charging to 55.2V, but the manual says 58.4V.

AM-5 Manual v1.0.pdf