My Build.

Not much looking so far. it's there, in the garage... 
Have to add a board to the right of that tomorrow to fit the network switch on, to fit the OEM Pi on, and a dedicated MQTT/Node-Red Pi and some power supplies.

Next week the Invert, MPPT's etc will be done.

G

23 hours ago, Elbow said:

Squeezed in all those CT pickups.  Are they still there in the new board?

23 hours ago, georgelza said:

They not yet, but there is enough space in the new DB.

You could use smaller CTs. Back in the day I used these from Talema, but of course this was a custom Arduino-based thing. The CTs are just barely wider than a standard breaker (AC/DC breaker used here only as an example... there is a reason this one is in the parts box and not in the DB!).

ct.jpg.22ece8c801a946a259a644d86328a360.jpg

Edit: Man the prices on these have increased quite a lot! I bought them at R40/piece...

Edited by plonkster

Plonkster, I'd love to but the add on board that goes onto the Pi, which runs the OEM is only certified for the SCT-013-0000, they actually ask you what amperage you want for each of the 8 connections points and then soldier than onto the board at the factory, keeping in mind the number of windings etc that the SCT-013-0000 has.

I also would not have minded a smaller CT.

G

1 minute ago, georgelza said:

only certified for the SCT-013-0000

I was expecting that kind of situation, hence mentioning that I made my own arduino-based thing. Once I understood where energy was used in the house I completely removed it.

1 minute ago, plonkster said:

I was expecting that kind of situation, hence mentioning that I made my own arduino-based thing. Once I understood where energy was used in the house I completely removed it.

read/insert in... being lazy, this just works, with OEM, in 2 minds if I will use the MQTT Broker and Node-Red on OEM, or keep it separate and just just run a Pi with MQTT Broker and Node-Red installed, that will consume and public to the Victron, to the OEM and whatever else I want... aka keep it separate, not impacted by other certificate/changes etc.

G

On 2019/04/16 at 4:09 PM, georgelza said:

ready to receive a 8 port USB Power hub,

8 port 100Mbps hub and a

Din rail for the Raspberry pi's..

1 x OpenEnergyMonitor

1 x Mqtt Broker and Node-Red hub.

G

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-16 at 16.06.56.jpeg

That is a very nice DB. Mind sharing where you bought it?

I need a large surface mount DB to cover my old one, but one that isn't too thick.

Hey @georgelza would you mind showing what the inside of your DB box looks like? As per my "baseline measurement" thread, I also have a very small DB box at the moment, so will have to look at going a similar route to your setup where one mounts the new double or triple rail box over the current hole in the wall.