Jump to content
  • 0

software for sunsynk + pylontech combo


Question

  • Answers 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Web interface sorted.  I can now remotely alter my inverter settings. Next I want to integrate the settings into my automation flows.  This would essentially allow me to run two seperate sets of

As a side project, I developed a semi-realtime dashboard using some open source components and some custom software that I wrote. My current setup is the following: I have a 8kW sunsynk inve

hi can someone design for use friendly dashboards like icc for me -i am using sunsynk and pylontech- will pay for the services. regards P

Posted Images

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi everyone,

 

Thank you for a great thread so far. I have a Sunsynk 8kw inverter with 4.8kwh First National Li-ion Battery Module. The inverter and battery is connected using the RS485 port. I bought a USB/RS485 dongle and want to know if I can plug it into the batteries Rs485 Port as it has two.

Will I still be able to talk to the inverter or will the fact that it is connected to the batteries not work?

 

Thank you in advance

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2021/02/09 at 4:28 PM, GMeiburg said:

Hi everyone,

 

Thank you for a great thread so far. I have a Sunsynk 8kw inverter with 4.8kwh First National Li-ion Battery Module. The inverter and battery is connected using the RS485 port. I bought a USB/RS485 dongle and want to know if I can plug it into the batteries Rs485 Port as it has two.

Will I still be able to talk to the inverter or will the fact that it is connected to the batteries not work?

 

Thank you in advance

 

@GMeiburg I doubt you will be able to read inverter values when you are plugged into the battery.  Everyone here is reading via the inverter RS485 port, but according to the documentation you should be able to read the data from the Wifi/RS232 port.  So you probably want one of these (there are cheaper options):

https://www.takealot.com/ugreen-usb2-0-m-to-db9-rs232-2m-cab-bk/PLID40361956

Or is your inverter Wifi and RS485 port already occupied?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This has been a great thread and big learning curve. Big thanks for all the input from everyone, I have also been able to extract the data via rs485 and build first draft dashboard for my Sunsynk 5.5kw. (The data will still smooth out 😀)

Doing this via below path with 1 min update:

1) Synsync-> Rs485 -> RPi4 -> Node Red(on RPi) -> InfluxDB (On Rpi) -> Grafana(on Rpi)

2) AGM Battery -> BMV -> RPi4 -> Node Red -> InfluxDB -> Grafana

image.thumb.png.3e4dbca7c2a1d46d879f8e8218dc5cf5.png

 

I have also tried to map the Modbus registers to the  values on the Sunsync display that could assist. (might be room for improvement or corrections)

image.png.583ca2cb5d8e015801c355e844ff6124.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

This has been a great thread and big learning curve. Big thanks for all the input from everyone, I have also been able to extract the data via rs485 and build first draft dashboard for my Sunsynk 5.5kw. (The data will still smooth out 😀)

Doing this via below path with 1 min update:

1) Synsync-> Rs485 -> RPi4 -> Node Red(on RPi) -> InfluxDB (On Rpi) -> Grafana(on Rpi)

2) AGM Battery -> BMV -> RPi4 -> Node Red -> InfluxDB -> Grafana

image.thumb.png.3e4dbca7c2a1d46d879f8e8218dc5cf5.png

 

I have also tried to map the Modbus registers to the  values on the Sunsync display that could assist. (might be room for improvement or corrections)

image.png.583ca2cb5d8e015801c355e844ff6124.png

 

Are you getting you data to mqtt using node-red? Could share the node-red flow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2020/11/24 at 9:37 PM, Cybertza said:

Here is my Node Layout for ref, Still busy playing, but seems to be working ok as well.

 

I think the HA direct is going to be a pain with all the restarts that would be required to test.

image.thumb.png.bf55066ebd839ded9fd4eb47d663b75d.png

Hi, could you share the syntax you have in the switch node and function node (msg.topic...)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2021/02/11 at 10:06 AM, Denarius said:

@GMeiburg I doubt you will be able to read inverter values when you are plugged into the battery.  Everyone here is reading via the inverter RS485 port, but according to the documentation you should be able to read the data from the Wifi/RS232 port.  So you probably want one of these (there are cheaper options):

https://www.takealot.com/ugreen-usb2-0-m-to-db9-rs232-2m-cab-bk/PLID40361956

Or is your inverter Wifi and RS485 port already occupied?

@Denarius Thank you for the reply, Damn it's a shame that it would not work in that way then. Yes my Wifi/RS232 port is occupied with the Solarman wifi dongle but I hate that it takes so long to update(although 10 min is not so bad). I think I will remove the Wifi/Rs232 logger and get one of those cables you posted(Thank you for that 🙂) and go down that route

 

Once again thank you to you and the forum for the help!

Kind Regards 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Did any one else get a new software update,  I did request an update for the Coms some time back (myne was on Ve.4.0.9).  Only realized the updated was sent after the inverter just suddenly shutdown leaving us in darkness and rushed to do some fault finding,  but only after switching everything off and running out of ideas did I realize it was the update that was applied. Just wish there was some form of warning  so a person could prep 🙂

However since everything powered down and then restarted once I switched back from grid, my Modbus logger stopped working most likely due to reboot of Rpi with some lost missing start-ups. 

Has anyone else received an update that has impacted their Modbus interface ?

 

For the Sunsynk 5.5kw unit  I am now on: Protocol: V0.2.0.1  Control: V2.1.5.4  Coms: VE.4.1.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2021/02/19 at 9:48 PM, Ryeman said:

Did any one else get a new software update,  I did request an update for the Coms some time back (myne was on Ve.4.0.9).  Only realized the updated was sent after the inverter just suddenly shutdown leaving us in darkness and rushed to do some fault finding,  but only after switching everything off and running out of ideas did I realize it was the update that was applied. Just wish there was some form of warning  so a person could prep 🙂

However since everything powered down and then restarted once I switched back from grid, my Modbus logger stopped working most likely due to reboot of Rpi with some lost missing start-ups. 

Has anyone else received an update that has impacted their Modbus interface ?

 

For the Sunsynk 5.5kw unit  I am now on: Protocol: V0.2.0.1  Control: V2.1.5.4  Coms: VE.4.1.5

Hi Ryeman,

 

I dont have my modbus running yet but I did also receive an update on Sunday morning @ 04:00 21/02/2021. I have noticed that my versions are as follow:

Version Information
Protocol Version:V0.2.0.1
Control Software Version 1:V3.8.7.6 
Communication CPU Software Version:VE.4.1.5
Does the Control version have an impact maybe?
Regards
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The original question of this thread is basically: give me something similar to ICC for SunSynk.

One potential solution is solar assistant which provides real time monitoring and remote access:

https://solar-assistant.io/

This is the options listed under the inverter:

image.png.af1509f56852d723c15329244eac3f75.png

If I select "Use inverter values" for the battery and don't have any PI to battery cable, it reads the SoC, volts, amps, watts and temperature from the inverter:

image.png.20de7a50ad851abd1476a3d7985558dc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...