software for sunsynk + pylontech combo

Question

10 minutes ago, lancelot said:

Ok I am going to say it, this is VERY impressive. Hat off to your technical abilities Boubul.

Now if one of you can package this in a consumer friendly way which us non-geeks can understand and use it will be great. Willing to compensate.

Hahaha, I would look at packaging this in the near future. 

First need to ensure that it runs the way it should and then ensure it is "fool proof".

5 hours ago, Bloubul7 said:

Web interface sorted.  I can now remotely alter my inverter settings.

Next I want to integrate the settings into my automation flows.  This would essentially allow me to run two seperate sets of settings, Loadshedding vs No loadshedding.  The load shedding settings can be triggered by a webhook and will ensure that the battery charging is prioritized when loadshedding is active.

image.thumb.png.a530070e4ba48ad5ffd45891ab5e4265.png

1 hour ago, lancelot said:

Ok I am going to say it, this is VERY impressive. Hat off to your technical abilities Boubul.

Now if one of you can package this in a consumer friendly way which us non-geeks can understand and use it will be great. Willing to compensate.

Willing to pay for something like this that is as close to plug and play as possible. 

On 2020/09/10 at 6:27 PM, ManiLow said:

As a side project, I developed a semi-realtime dashboard using some open source components and some custom software that I wrote.

My current setup is the following:

I have a 8kW sunsynk inverter and 10kWh revov batteries.

have a program running on a raspberry pi 2 that polls the wifi (solarman) dongle on my 8kw inverter. It writes the inverter data to json files every 30 seconds. I then have another program that uploads the json payloads to a google cloud server (on their free tier) running grafana and influxdb. I have most of the google cloud stuff on a docker image, so I can move it quickly to another server if I see the server isn't handling the loads. I then created the following custom dashboard in grafana:

image.thumb.png.6cab4e524b54d2e601e7f2f3fe517752.png

I'm still trying to pin down what information is useful, so it's still a bit of a work in progress. I have to see what other battery info there is on the inverter, but for now I'm just interested in the soc & voltages.

My next steps are to connect my pi to the can port (rs485 is occupied) and try and get the same info, but I'm not sure how that's gonna work. The rs485 port is unfortunately connected to the batteries, so I can't go that route.

Hi @ManiLow, How did you connect to the wifi dongle? I have tried many solutions based on the XTheOne projects as well as others, but I just can't seem to get any responses from the logger. Would you be inclined to share your source code specifically wrt the comms to the logger?

While I cannot get any data from the wifi, I am also trying to connect using RS485. You don't possibly have the pinouts for the RJ45 connector on the RS485 side? 

On 2020/09/26 at 10:44 PM, JustinSchoeman said:

Not much to decoding it. Sunsynk sent me the protocol document on request and it is dead simple.  Here is the code I use for reading the inverter:

https://github.com/justinschoeman/SmarterLoad/blob/master/tx/sunsynk.h

@JustinSchoeman, would you have the RS485 RJ45 pinouts on the SunSynk ? It seems that there is no general standard. 

So a minor update on the progress.  The initial prototype was done using a Pi Zero to see if it would be feasible (lowest cost option).  After running it for a week I have noticed that it has slowed down drastically and would not be feasible.  Ordered a couple of Raspberry Pi 4s and will migrate the setup once they have arrived.  Will run the system for another week on the Pi4 and if all goes well then I package a unit for beta testing .

If there is anyone around the Centurion area with a SunSynk inverter that would be willing to run a test once the system is ready, please drop me a PM

Pity I'm in CT. 

Have an 8kw sunsynk with 8.54kwp of panels. 

The display on the inverter does not record more than 50kwh of pv production in a day. I had my first 50kwh day on Sunday and it just stopped recording the last 2kwh on the display and on the Solarman app. 

Would be interested to know if this would still pick up the pv generation over 50kwh.

Edited by Achmat
20 minutes ago, Achmat said:

Pity I'm in CT. 

Have an 8kw sunsynk with 8.54kwp of panels. 

The display on the inverter does not record more than 50kwh of pv production in a day. I had my first 50kwh day on Sunday and it just stopped recording the last 2kwh on the display and on the Solarman app. 

Would be interested to know if this would still pick up the pv generation over 50kwh.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm currently reading the daily PV production value from the Inverter's values but can change this to a calculated field based on the solar load figures.  Will run a test to see how they would compare.

On 2020/10/13 at 12:21 PM, Bloubul7 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'm currently reading the daily PV production value from the Inverter's values but can change this to a calculated field based on the solar load figures.  Will run a test to see how they would compare.

Seems they updated my display values and it's now showing the full production announce 50kwh.

Screenshot_20201016-183953_Gallery.jpg