Free solar monitoring device - Voltronic inverters

Hi Everyone

I work for a company that is developing a modern, next generation solar monitoring device and need to make sure customers have a good experience with all the various inverter models and brands.  We have a beta program where you get a free device couriered to you if you have an inverter that is listed in our beta program.  We have now started to engage users running Voltronic inverters (Kodak, Mecer, InfiniSolar, RCT, Full Circle Solar, etc).  If you would like to receive a free device by joining the beta program and adhere to the requirements below, please send me a private message with a brief description of your solar setup and which country/state you are located.  Note that the beta program is on a first come first serve basis per inverter model.  The inverters that are still available are:

Some information regarding the new monitoring device:

• There is a web and mobile app that is significantly better than anything that is currently available for Voltronic inverters.
  • It will read your entire inverter cluster if you have multiple in parallel.
  • You can access it remotely via the internet or locally via your home network.  It will still work if your internet is down.
  • For hobbyist it's open in terms of reading data and has automatic device detection/integration for home assistant.
  • If you are currently using the typical hobbyist Raspberry PI setup that is connected to the inverter via USB with your own custom scripts or software this will be a drop in replacement.

Requirements:

• You like spending time exploring the latest and greatest tech and wouldn't mind giving us some feedback on your experience.
  • Your powerforum user/profile has existed for a few months or years to prove you are a legitimate community member.  If you have made posts it's a bonus.
  • You will connect the device to your home network which has internet so that you can explore the remote monitoring capabilities.
  • You have an inverter listed above.
  • You have solar PV connected to the inverter.
  • You still have your inverter cable to connect it via USB.

Not required but bonus if:

• you are a solar installer
  • you have a battery with an RS232/console port.
  • you already have a USB to RS232/console port cable.

Unrelated: Congratulations to everyone on powerforum.co.za!  I did quite a bit of research and found this to be the most active community of users with Voltronic inverters.

Edited by Solar Devices
clarification

@Dougiedanger As far as I know most Must inverters are Voltronic inverters so there is a good chance your inverter is supported.  You are welcome to send me a picture of the inverter, perhaps also the side panel which show model information.  Feel free to blur out the serial number.  How reliable is courier services to your location?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020/11/04 at 12:24 PM, Solar Monitoring said:

Hi Everyone

I work for a company that is developing a modern, next generation solar monitoring device and need to make sure customers have a good experience with all the various inverter models and brands.  We have a beta program where you get a free device couriered to you if you have an inverter that is listed in our beta program.  We have now started to engage users running Voltronic inverters (Kodak, Mecer, InfiniSolar, RCT, Full Circle Solar, etc).  If you would like to receive a free device by joining the beta program and adhere to the requirements below, please send me a private message with a brief description of your solar setup and which country/state you are located.  Note that the beta program is on a first come first serve basis per inverter model.  The inverters that are still available are:

Some information regarding the new monitoring device:

• There is a web and mobile app that is significantly better than anything that is currently available for Voltronic inverters.
  • It will read your entire inverter cluster if you have multiple in parallel.
  • You can access it remotely via the internet or locally via your home network.  It will still work if your internet is down.
  • For hobbyist it's open in terms of reading data and has automatic device detection/integration for home assistant.
  • If you are currently using the typical hobbyist Raspberry PI setup that is connected to the inverter via USB with your own custom scripts or software this will be a drop in replacement.

Requirements:

• You like spending time exploring the latest and greatest tech and wouldn't mind giving us some feedback on your experience.
  • Your powerforum user/profile has existed for a few months or years to prove you are a legitimate community member.  If you have made posts it's a bonus.
  • You will connect the device to your home network which has internet so that you can explore the remote monitoring capabilities.
  • You have an inverter listed above.
  • You have solar PV connected to the inverter.
  • You still have your inverter cable to connect it via USB.

Not required but bonus if:

• you are a solar installer
  • you have a battery with an RS232/console port.
  • you already have a USB to RS232/console port cable.

Unrelated: Congratulations to everyone on powerforum.co.za!  I did quite a bit of research and found this to be the most active community of users with Voltronic inverters.

Hello, I recently obtained a  Kodak king although I already use some open source software + home assistant with my inverter, I don't might assisting with your beta program.
@wtjaden has a Axpert Max.

An update on this post.  Devices for the following inverters have already been allocated:

• InfiniSolar V1 & V2
  • Axpert King
  • Axpert Max (@wtjaden takes the last one)
  • Axpert VM

The following is still available:

• Axpert King in parallel (2 or more)
  • InfiniSolar Super in parallel (2 or more)

Thank you for the interest so far.

On 2020/11/14 at 3:28 PM, Solar Monitoring said:

An update on this post.  Devices for the following inverters have already been allocated:

• InfiniSolar V1 & V2
  • Axpert King
  • Axpert VM

Good day. Im fairly new to this forum, looking for support and reading material regarding inverters etc. Currently at my business i am running 2 Axpert King 5KW inverters in parallel with 15 x 360W Canadian Solar Panels and 2 x Narada 48V 100ah lithium batteries. We are also resellers of King Inverters, Narada Lithium Batteries, Canadian Solar Panels and the Kilowatt Labs Sirius Super Caps. I am currently looking around for monitoring software other than the WatchPower wifi that i'm currently using. Is the beta software still available? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

A quick update as we are nearing the end of our beta program.  We are now running most Voltronic inverters successfully, we can also connect directly to Pylontech and Shoto batteries to read true SoC, temperature, cell voltages, etc.  We also supply the required cables.

For a sneak peak, see the images below.  I will post a link once the device is ready for purchase online.  Users that are converting from ICC to SolarAssistant simply need to plug in a new SD card into their existing Raspberry PI.  If you are interested in early access, feel free to message me.

mobile.thumb.png.fe251b17cdeaa97109e24718167373c3.png

charts_1.png

charts_2.png

charts_3.png

monthly.png

power_management.png

I am a Solar installer working mostly in the south of Spain

I'm interested in trying this out. I have all the cables.

I have here a:

7200Max

5048MG (MKS II)

King

5048MGX (MKS III)

and pylontechs

Edited by birdibird

34 minutes ago, AndrewLamb said:

Hi Solar Assistant, I have a Shoto battery and link it to a Synerji inverter using ICC and a 712 BMV (which in my case isn't very reliable) and am keen to purchase your software and cable. Do you have a manual yet that sets out the features of your product?

Good to hear you are interested.  Our website should launch within the next few weeks which will have all the information you need.  I'll keep you updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, unfortunately for me to discuss Solar Assistant as a product, compare features, etc. is against the forum rules as it will effectively be a commercial discussion.  You are welcome to discuss it amongst each other, but I can't give official answers on the open forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I installed solar assist and experienced some installation issues, but with the help of Pierre at Solar Assist who assisted us with the installation it was running in no time. 

It was great service and I would definitely recommend Solar Assist. 

On 2020/11/14 at 3:28 PM, Solar Assistant said:

• InfiniSolar V1 & V2
  • Axpert King
  • Axpert VM

Would you possibly be offering comms with inverters and batteries from TheSunPays?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

We have 3 Kodak king units. we are using the app but would like to acess it through our network. Is this something that you do?

Ian Jacobs

Managing Director

TFD Manufacturing

Delson Close 24, Business Park

Somerset West.

083 631 4442

Hi @Ian Jacobs

You can access it via local network by using it's IP address and the "Offline" password.  As an example for the unit below it is accessible via: http://10.0.0.100

Note we are currently working on making it use a direct local connection even if you use the cloud URL, but it will take a while to complete.

image.thumb.png.d5382fa96c997bc35f93888bd59e53a9.png

• 2 weeks later...