Free solar monitoring device - Voltronic inverters

Hi Everyone

I work for a company that is developing a modern, next generation solar monitoring device and need to make sure customers have a good experience with all the various inverter models and brands.  We have a beta program where you get a free device couriered to you if you have an inverter that is listed in our beta program.  We have now started to engage users running Voltronic inverters (Kodak, Mecer, InfiniSolar, RCT, Full Circle Solar, etc).  If you would like to receive a free device by joining the beta program and adhere to the requirements below, please send me a private message with a brief description of your solar setup and which country/state you are located.  Note that the beta program is on a first come first serve basis per inverter model.  The inverters that are still available are:

Some information regarding the new monitoring device:

• There is a web and mobile app that is significantly better than anything that is currently available for Voltronic inverters.
  • It will read your entire inverter cluster if you have multiple in parallel.
  • You can access it remotely via the internet or locally via your home network.  It will still work if your internet is down.
  • For hobbyist it's open in terms of reading data and has automatic device detection/integration for home assistant.
  • If you are currently using the typical hobbyist Raspberry PI setup that is connected to the inverter via USB with your own custom scripts or software this will be a drop in replacement.

Requirements:

• You like spending time exploring the latest and greatest tech and wouldn't mind giving us some feedback on your experience.
  • Your powerforum user/profile has existed for a few months or years to prove you are a legitimate community member.  If you have made posts it's a bonus.
  • You will connect the device to your home network which has internet so that you can explore the remote monitoring capabilities.
  • You have an inverter listed above.
  • You have solar PV connected to the inverter.
  • You still have your inverter cable to connect it via USB.

Not required but bonus if:

• you are a solar installer
  • you have a battery with an RS232/console port.
  • you already have a USB to RS232/console port cable.

Unrelated: Congratulations to everyone on powerforum.co.za!  I did quite a bit of research and found this to be the most active community of users with Voltronic inverters.

Edited by Solar Devices
clarification
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020/11/04 at 12:24 PM, Solar Monitoring said:

Hi Everyone

I work for a company that is developing a modern, next generation solar monitoring device and need to make sure customers have a good experience with all the various inverter models and brands.  We have a beta program where you get a free device couriered to you if you have an inverter that is listed in our beta program.  We have now started to engage users running Voltronic inverters (Kodak, Mecer, InfiniSolar, RCT, Full Circle Solar, etc).  If you would like to receive a free device by joining the beta program and adhere to the requirements below, please send me a private message with a brief description of your solar setup and which country/state you are located.  Note that the beta program is on a first come first serve basis per inverter model.  The inverters that are still available are:

Some information regarding the new monitoring device:

• There is a web and mobile app that is significantly better than anything that is currently available for Voltronic inverters.
  • It will read your entire inverter cluster if you have multiple in parallel.
  • You can access it remotely via the internet or locally via your home network.  It will still work if your internet is down.
  • For hobbyist it's open in terms of reading data and has automatic device detection/integration for home assistant.
  • If you are currently using the typical hobbyist Raspberry PI setup that is connected to the inverter via USB with your own custom scripts or software this will be a drop in replacement.

Requirements:

• You like spending time exploring the latest and greatest tech and wouldn't mind giving us some feedback on your experience.
  • Your powerforum user/profile has existed for a few months or years to prove you are a legitimate community member.  If you have made posts it's a bonus.
  • You will connect the device to your home network which has internet so that you can explore the remote monitoring capabilities.
  • You have an inverter listed above.
  • You have solar PV connected to the inverter.
  • You still have your inverter cable to connect it via USB.

Not required but bonus if:

• you are a solar installer
  • you have a battery with an RS232/console port.
  • you already have a USB to RS232/console port cable.

Unrelated: Congratulations to everyone on powerforum.co.za!  I did quite a bit of research and found this to be the most active community of users with Voltronic inverters.

Hello, I recently obtained a  Kodak king although I already use some open source software + home assistant with my inverter, I don't might assisting with your beta program.
@wtjaden has a Axpert Max.

An update on this post.  Devices for the following inverters have already been allocated:

• InfiniSolar V1 & V2
  • Axpert King
  • Axpert Max (@wtjaden takes the last one)
  • Axpert VM

The following is still available:

• Axpert King in parallel (2 or more)
  • InfiniSolar Super in parallel (2 or more)

Thank you for the interest so far.

On 2020/11/14 at 3:28 PM, Solar Monitoring said:

An update on this post.  Devices for the following inverters have already been allocated:

• InfiniSolar V1 & V2
  • Axpert King
  • Axpert Max (@wtjaden takes the last one)
  • Axpert VM

The following is still available:

• Axpert King in parallel (2 or more)
  • InfiniSolar Super in parallel (2 or more)

Thank you for the interest so far.

Good day. Im fairly new to this forum, looking for support and reading material regarding inverters etc. Currently at my business i am running 2 Axpert King 5KW inverters in parallel with 15 x 360W Canadian Solar Panels and 2 x Narada 48V 100ah lithium batteries. We are also resellers of King Inverters, Narada Lithium Batteries, Canadian Solar Panels and the Kilowatt Labs Sirius Super Caps. I am currently looking around for monitoring software other than the WatchPower wifi that i'm currently using. Is the beta software still available?