SunSynk 5kW, 8kW and 12kW latest firmware version

PowerUser

My 16kW SunSynk Inverter was updated during the early hours of this morning (3AM to be exact) in reaction to my submitting a ticket at 18:15 yesterday evening. I only hibernated my desktop PC and left everything else running as per normal.

My first firmware upgrade since my install in April 2023 - for no specific reason other than my curiosity :) 

image.png.48e81022a5489e94aa9389c2d1b22dff.png

I sent a request for an upgrade on 27th and upgraded was done on my 5KW in the early morning hours of 28/01/2024. This is the first upgrade since I installed it in 2021. No issues with upgrade, just received an E-Mail notifying me that the upgrade has been done.

Version: M.3.3.8.5/S 0.5.1.3/CE.4.3.6

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023/10/17 at 12:33 PM, BobTheDinosaur said:

Sunsynk 12kW 3 phase

Updated very early this morning, didn't even notice other than I could tell from some appliances that power had cycled at some point. (update happened about 6-8 hours after I requested it, I didn't touch the inverter before, just left it running, it did seem to reboot though).

SW Ver.:M 2005-1140 / S  18-07 / C 1001-E037

PSA

I know this has been posted before but it bears repeating:
to update go to

https://sunsynk.freshdesk.com/support/home
Register
Log a support ticket for the firmware upgrade and provide them with your inverter serial and your wifi gateway (dongle) serial.

Both can be obtained from SunSynk Connect at https://sunsynk.net/plants  under "equipment"
Alternatively the serial number for my gateway was on the physical dongle sticking out of the inverter.

Same version upgrading last week.

Hi Everyone, anyone know whats the process to follow if sunsynk installed wrong firmware on  an inverter? 

Reqeusted upgrade for clients 8kw hybdrid and they installed the ecco 8kw firmware. Unit keeps giving errors upon switching and device id changed.

Sunsynk 8kW

From

SW Ver.:M 6.0.0.5 / S ? / C E.4.1.9  (This upgrade was done in Nov 2020, after installation)

To initially

SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.5 / S ? / C E.4.1.9

To finally

SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.5 / S 0.7.1.7 / C E.4.3.7

Done on 2024-02-28 @ 15h15 within 5 mins of requesting. Power went down for about 30 seconds.

Inverter was not functioning 100% after their reset, only once I switched it off and on later, did all services work.

19 minutes ago, Greglsh said:

Has anybody with a 5kw SunSynk got the Version: M.3.3.8.6/S 0.5.1.5/CE.4.3.7? Since this update my screen is a blue color.

Photo?

Never mind, found it here:

Edited by p_i

So logged a ticket with SunSynk and asked them if this was a firmware issue and if it was to revert to the previous version. I don't think it was done, but this morning back to the "normal" display colors???

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024/02/29 at 7:53 AM, Sidewinder said:

Sunsynk 8kW

From

SW Ver.:M 6.0.0.5 / S ? / C E.4.1.9  (This upgrade was done in Nov 2020, after installation)

To initially

SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.5 / S ? / C E.4.1.9

To finally

SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.5 / S 0.7.1.7 / C E.4.3.7

Done on 2024-02-28 @ 15h15 within 5 mins of requesting. Power went down for about 30 seconds.

Inverter was not functioning 100% after their reset, only once I switched it off and on later, did all services work.

@Sidewinder Why do you say finally? I just had an upgrade done and after the restart on the CE version changed. 

Did you have to restart it yourself for the M and S to update? 

@Chris_S,

After the F/W upgrade and remote reboot, the S portion of F/W version didn't display. Didn't bother me, till I started testing other data functions, and after a few hours of fiddling, decided to give the inverter a cold boot, and that produced the complete F/W version, etc.

8kw sunsynk updated. 

SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.6 / S 1.7.2.4 / C E.4.3.8

Initially update was done 30 minutes after submitting the ticket but only the CE was updated. 

After many painful hours of my ticket getting ignored and support chat not being able to update the M and S they sent the request to "advanced support" 

Finally at 3am power went off for 5 minutes and upgrade of M was done. 

This is my first ever upgrade. Only doing it because the latest sunsynk 8kw manual says the mppt's are 26A +26A. 

Edited by Chris_S

On 2024/03/15 at 4:11 AM, Chris_S said:

This is my first ever upgrade. Only doing it because the latest sunsynk 8kw manual says the mppt's are 26A +26A. 

Hi Chris, did it make any difference? The MPPTs on my 8kW clip at about 19.2A. I'm currently on SW Ver.: M 6.0.2.4 / S  1.7.2.4 / C E.4.3.0

4 hours ago, Orcish75 said:

Hi Chris, did it make any difference? The MPPTs on my 8kW clip at about 19.2A. I'm currently on SW Ver.: M 6.0.2.4 / S  1.7.2.4 / C E.4.3.0

Hi. As winter is approaching I'm not hitting the 20A clipping that I was getting in summer so it's hard to tell. I'm waiting to see what happens during cloud edge effect. 

Cool, I sent an upgrade request this morning and they upgraded it to SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.6 / S 1.7.2.4 / C E.4.3.8, the same as yours. I can confirm it didn't make any difference to the MPPTs, they're still clipping at around 19.2A. Mine is an older model, the MPPTs are rated at 22A, so I'm not really losing out on much, but if yours are rated at 26A, you should be getting 23-24A from them at least.

7 hours ago, Orcish75 said:

Cool, I sent an upgrade request this morning and they upgraded it to SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.6 / S 1.7.2.4 / C E.4.3.8, the same as yours. I can confirm it didn't make any difference to the MPPTs, they're still clipping at around 19.2A. Mine is an older model, the MPPTs are rated at 22A, so I'm not really losing out on much, but if yours are rated at 26A, you should be getting 23-24A from them at least.

Mine is rated at 22A also and was clipping at 20A in summer. I was hoping that it would increase to 26A with an update. So either the newer 8kw has different mppt's or its a typo in the new manual. When I asked support about this they just said ask your installer. I said I am the installer and they said they will get back to me. But as sunsynk support is they won't get back to me. 

36 minutes ago, Chris_S said:

Mine is rated at 22A also and was clipping at 20A in summer. I was hoping that it would increase to 26A with an update. So either the newer 8kw has different mppt's or its a typo in the new manual. When I asked support about this they just said ask your installer. I said I am the installer and they said they will get back to me. But as sunsynk support is they won't get back to me. 

Interesting that Sunsynk support can't give you an answer and just passes the buck to the installer. I would have thought the manufacturer would know what the specs sold should be and even after FW updates. 

12 hours ago, Orcish75 said:

4 hours ago, Scorp007 said:

Interesting that Sunsynk support can't give you an answer and just passes the buck to the installer. I would have thought the manufacturer would know what the specs sold should be and even after FW updates. 

On 2024/03/19 at 3:03 AM, Chris_S said:

Hi. As winter is approaching I'm not hitting the 20A clipping that I was getting in summer so it's hard to tell. I'm waiting to see what happens during cloud edge effect. 

Hello guys,

Please let's keep this thread clean of technical issues discussion and general chit-chat. I created this thread with the sole purpose of keeping track of the latest firmware versions as SS does not provide that.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded 2 x 5kw Sunsynks (in parallel), model 5k-SG01LP1 from firmware version:

M 3.3.8.2 / S 1.5.1.5 / C E.4.2.6

To version:

M 3.3.8.6 / S 1.5.1.5 / C E.4.3.8

Requested via FreshDesk on Monday, was actioned that Thursday during early-afternoon SA-time. Ticket changed from New to Open (with an agent assigned) when they started; got a notification on completion from FreshDesk. Top-left on-screen “On” indicator changed to an “A” followed by a “B”, both followed by numbers as the update progressed; system rebooted twice during the update. Process took about 30 minutes.

Changes noticed:

• Aux Load/Generator screen now has checkboxes for “AC Couple Load Side” and “AC Couple Grid Side”
  • “Force Off” button added in Battery —> Battery Charge menu (by Generator settings)
  • System Mode —> System 2 offers a “Fast Export Mode” above Zero Export
  • Advance —> “Multi-Inverter” menu offers a “Grid Tie Meter 2” checkbox
  • Advance —> Other menu offers new checkboxes for “Low Power Mode < Low Batt”, “Low Noise Mode” and “MPPT Multi-Point Scanning”
  • Advance now has a whole “Wind Turbine” settings screen for allocating voltages to currents, with a selector for which DC input(s) are connected to turbines 

Can also confirm after some additional testing:

• This update fixes the 'System1' time-of-use settings being ignored (for the first/last entry) when not starting/ending at midnight.
  • 'Solar Power (W)' Aux Load setting is still ignored in my parallel setup; likely due to each inverter being supplied by different MPPTs/arrays. Using SOC instead works as expected.

On 2024/03/31 at 8:56 PM, JayMardern said:

Upgraded 2 x 5kw Sunsynks (in parallel), model 5k-SG01LP1 from firmware version:

M 3.3.8.2 / S 1.5.1.5 / C E.4.2.6

To version:

M 3.3.8.6 / S 1.5.1.5 / C E.4.3.8

Edited by JayMardern

On 2024/03/15 at 4:11 AM, Chris_S said:

8kw sunsynk updated. 

SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.6 / S 1.7.2.4 / C E.4.3.8

Initially update was done 30 minutes after submitting the ticket but only the CE was updated. 

After many painful hours of my ticket getting ignored and support chat not being able to update the M and S they sent the request to "advanced support" 

Finally at 3am power went off for 5 minutes and upgrade of M was done. 

Inverter definitely runs cooler on this update. Before I would get temps going in the 60C, now barely goes above 50C on both AC and DC and it's not as if the fans are running more. If anything they run a little less. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, TheRoDent said:
Rate Power:8.0 kW
SW Ver.:M 6.0.2.6 / S  1.7.2.4 / C E.4.3.8

Nothing in particular to report. All went smoothly.

I wonder what the new "MPPT Multi-Point Scanning" under Advanced->Others menu does?

Edit: From the Dye Manuals
image.png.0dc148b9beef27385aab25963e30d09d.png

Edited by TheRoDent