Dyness powerbox

Heinds

Hi @Heinds,

I know for a fact that the B4850 Dyness battery packs works with Axpert, Infini and Goodwe models. They have been thoroughly tested with these models over the last year and I was involved with some of the testing on the Axpert units. They are very similar to the Pylontech batteries, with most of the changes being in the BMS System. Unfortunately there is nobody in RSA bringing them into RSA in bulk quantities and are therefore a little more expensive than the pylontech's. As for the Dyness Powerbox - ... I cannot for sure say that it has been tested and has never seen it working myself. I have just send an email to Dyness and will let you know soonest.

Regards

I must add, that the owners of Dyness are actually ex members of pylontech, that went in another direction, you can see the visible similarity inside the units.

The Dyness i find are actually cheaper than the pylons and have slightly higher output for eg. the pylon 3.4  = dyness 3.6

6 hours ago, Chris-R said:

Hi @Heinds,

I know for a fact that the B4850 Dyness battery packs works with Axpert, Infini and Goodwe models. They have been thoroughly tested with these models over the last year and I was involved with some of the testing on the Axpert units. They are very similar to the Pylontech batteries, with most of the changes being in the BMS System. Unfortunately there is nobody in RSA bringing them into RSA in bulk quantities and are therefore a little more expensive than the pylontech's. As for the Dyness Powerbox - ... I cannot for sure say that it has been tested and has never seen it working myself. I have just send an email to Dyness and will let you know soonest.

Regards

Thanks Chris

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I must add, that the owners of Dyness are actually ex members of pylontech, that went in another direction, you can see the visible similarity inside the units.

The Dyness i find are actually cheaper than the pylons and have slightly higher output for eg. the pylon 3.4  = dyness 3.6

Very interesting thx Mike!

2 hours ago, Heinds said:

Anybody dealt with this company before? They are selling the Dyness powerbox for crazy cheap. Scam?

His got his location on the website. Google streetview shows what appears to be a small office block in a larger residential area. The business didn't exist in 2015 though... 🙂

Whois info is fully redacted. Website is hosted with Xneelo (aka Hetzner), but seems the server is owned by kwikwap, small website kinda gig. Google finds some gumtree ads for 4x4 solar stuff. So it seems like a legit (small?) solar shop... but we learned with the Leoch debacle that sometimes an otherwise-reputable shop can be swindled. Perhaps best to call them and ask.

Okay, my importer has them on his database, small shop with no stock. he has queried the model of selling at below cost incl of VAT......the reply is we make money from selling the panels....i would be carefull in dealing or should i say handing over any funds before the product is in front of you, as my distributor does not send shipments out before payment in full from supplier

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Okay, my importer has them on his database, small shop with no stock. he has queried the model of selling at below cost incl of VAT......the reply is we make money from selling the panels....i would be carefull in dealing or should i say handing over any funds before the product is in front of you, as my distributor does not send shipments out before payment in full from supplier

Sounds dodge... Thx Mike

• 1 month later...
On 2019/10/15 at 5:44 AM, Mike said:

Mike, good morning

i have just installed a Victron Easysolar 5kVA, 12 x 335W panels and a Dyness 9.6kWh power box.  I am having an issue with the battery monitor in the colour control.  When i use the Dyness battery monitor the power going to and from the battery is very low (eg Grid 1023W AC loads 750W and batteries 15W). If i change to the Victron battery monitor the figures are more realistic looking ie power in almost equals sum of power to loads and batteries.

Are you able to offer some assistance in the setup of the batteries and associated Victron parameters?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Barry Williams said:

Mike, good morning

i have just installed a Victron Easysolar 5kVA, 12 x 335W panels and a Dyness 9.6kWh power box.  I am having an issue with the battery monitor in the colour control.  When i use the Dyness battery monitor the power going to and from the battery is very low (eg Grid 1023W AC loads 750W and batteries 15W). If i change to the Victron battery monitor the figures are more realistic looking ie power in almost equals sum of power to loads and batteries.

Are you able to offer some assistance in the setup of the batteries and associated Victron parameters?

Thanks

Dan will give you a call, I see Tony has sent your contact detail to him

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019/10/15 at 5:40 AM, Mike said:

i use the Dyness with SMA, Victron , Goodwe and the Synaps. they work well, look good and so on, my ast one i used 2 x 10kw powerwalls

20190920_160645_resized.jpg

Have you been able to get the Dyness batteries to work directly with he SMA Sunny Island inverter?