Sunsynk 8 KW - can I edit inverter settings remotely using the Solarman Smart app or web access ?

GreenMan

I have searched high and low in the Solarman Smart app and also in the web browser access but cannot find a way to access the settings that can be changed on the inverter's touch screen. 

I need to enable Priority Load and other settings without driving to where the inverter is installed. 

Can these inverter settings be changed remotely ?

The Sunsynk is a better inverter than the Axpert (but remember the Sunsynk is more expensive) but with the Axpert plus ICC on Pi I can remotely change any setting that I want.... 

You can't do it using the Solarman App (unless you are in Professional mode perhaps), you can however do it using Node Red, Influx DB & Grafana along with Bloubul7's Node Red flows. 

He set it up to automatically change battery settings when it detects a load shedding notification on the Eskom website.

I have no idea how the writing of settings works in Node Red as I have not had time to look at it as yet but it is definitely possible and I can't believe it can be that difficult to setup, especially as Bloubul7 has done all the hard yards already 🙂 

About two months ago, on the Solarman Smart app a remote portal appeared, where I could control pretty much everything that I could on the touch screen,then the remote portal disappeared and the owner of Sunsynk won’t answer me regarding this feature 

In theory lol, if we are able to find out what the value is on the Modbus register that needs to be changed, it would be "relatively" easy to setup a button to push on a Grafana Dashboard to switch the mode of the inverter.

I suppose the easiest way to do it would be to read the whole r/w register  on the inverter, manually change the setting and then read it again and see what values were changed and what the changes were.

You could then write those changes back when you want to switch between settings.   

#Greenman I was looking at the flows from Bloubul7 again yesterday and just need to figure out how it works and you will be able to do exactly what you want. Push a button and your inverter settings change from "Solar mode" to "Loadshedding mode".  His flows actually do it automatically when they pick up a loadshedding notification on the Eskom website. 

• 2 months later...
On 2021/04/14 at 5:46 PM, Sc00bs said:

run  state

R

[0,5]

-

MI

See the code table of running state

This could be it, not sure where the running state table is though, will see what else I can find

Has anyone been able to find this table yet?

On 2021/04/14 at 6:22 PM, Tariq said:

About two months ago, on the Solarman Smart app a remote portal appeared, where I could control pretty much everything that I could on the touch screen,then the remote portal disappeared and the owner of Sunsynk won’t answer me regarding this feature 

As most might know by now, Sunsynk will be launching their own monitoring dongle, which gives access to all settings. We have one in beta testing and so far it's looking pretty good. Not sure when they will be broadly available, though. I'd imagine they'd want people to use their proprietary solution over Solarman's - and that would answer your question.

50 minutes ago, Tariq said:

i have gotten to the point, that i hardly ever need to adjust the settings on the inverter, to me actual REAL TIME data would be nice.

Agreed, real time would be great. 

The only time I would want to change settings, is if there was a combination of a long term outage, bad weather, and not being at home. But for now, the happy to let the inverter do the work. 

A quick solution for real time monitoring is a cheap 485 converter en raspberry pi zero w. And you install node red with a light dashboard on and then on your home router you just forward your port to access the dashboard externally. Then you can see it both internally and externally.

I can get the reading but from those docs I don't know how to set change a setting. I ideally just want to change the use timer setting if I see loadshedding will catch me out.

On 2021/06/24 at 12:47 PM, Tariq said:

i have gotten to the point, that i hardly ever need to adjust the settings on the inverter, to me actual REAL TIME data would be nice.

I have from reliable source that Sunsynk Dongle will indeed offer real-time monitoring.

• 2 months later...
On 2021/04/14 at 5:15 PM, GreenMan said:

I need to enable Priority Load

I would also like to change limit to load remotely or is their perhaps any newer software version that allow the Limit to load only to be set on a timer setting on the touch screen? Also Is the new Sunsynk dongles available yet?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...