Solar Panel and WIFI equipment

5 minutes ago, PaulinNorthcliff said:

Hmm... WiFi outdoor dishes, you say?

Would that be to, say, boost the signal from a faraway inverter so it can establish decent comms with a router?

For sure. It will be a WiFi bridge. So it will create a LAN over the dishes point to point. I just need to get permission to cut the lock off at our storage locker facility. Moved house and lost the keys. I am phoning them today to get authorisation to cut the lock off. 

Sincerely.

Jason

Just now, Energy-Jason said:

For sure. It will be a WiFi bridge. So it will create a LAN over the dishes point to point. I just need to get permission to cut the lock off at our storage locker facility. Moved house and lost the keys. I am phoning them today to get authorisation to cut the lock off. 

Sincerely.

Jason

Well... in that case... might I wave my hand in the air?

3 hours ago, PaulinNorthcliff said:

Would it be possible to parallel two inverters across a WiFi link?

IOW, use the RJ485 (RJ45) connectors to share data across a WiFi bridge?

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but to parallel the outputs of two Axpert inverters, you have to use the same battery (so they have to be close together), and you have to use special parallel boards that connect via special cables that carry CAN bus signals at a fairly high bit rate (possibly a megabit per second or at least a quarter of a megabit per second).

Axpert inverters communicate their commands and responses over slow (2400 bps) serial ports (the RJ-45 connectors aren't ethernet ports), so you could monitor them from afar with suitable WiFi to RS-232 adapters.

29 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but to parallel the outputs of two Axpert inverters, you have to use the same battery (so they have to be close together), and you have to use special parallel boards that connect via special cables that carry CAN bus signals at a fairly high bit rate (possibly a megabit per second or at least a quarter of a megabit per second).

Axpert inverters communicate their commands and responses over slow (2400 bps) serial ports (the RJ-45 connectors aren't ethernet ports), so you could monitor them from afar with suitable WiFi to RS-232 adapters.

As I said... may not even be possible. The inverters would be Deye/Sunsynk.

On 2020/11/24 at 11:28 AM, Energy-Jason said:

Hi all.

I have two solar panels and lots of WiFi outdoor dishes that anyone is welcome to have. I just need to cut the lock off the storage locker facility. I will post them up very very soon. (Lost the keys)

Sincerely

Jason

waving my hand(s) vigorously for the dishes if they are still available.....

On 2020/11/24 at 11:43 AM, PaulinNorthcliff said:

Which brings me to a related, but possibly entirely impossible problem...

Would it be possible to parallel two inverters across a WiFi link?

IOW, use the RJ485 (RJ45) connectors to share data across a WiFi bridge?

Which inverters are you using?

You could use 2 of theses units to connect them to the wifi bridge

https://romtech.co.za/product/ethernet-to-rs485/?sfdr_ptcid=31714_617_545382265&sfdr_hash=3915d271f3e67c647976bbf7ed57ca74&gclid=CjwKCAiAnvj9BRA4EiwAuUMDf3SNKLtKEcaasHQ6N1-cNOyTUgV64VJBFVnSNchA4ESkijhyi-uVLBoCXQYQAvD_BwE

Edited by Bloubul7
On 2020/11/24 at 11:32 AM, PaulinNorthcliff said:

Hmm... WiFi outdoor dishes, you say?

Would that be to, say, boost the signal from a faraway inverter so it can establish decent comms with a router?

Hi @PaulinNorthcliff as attached image.

I can send it to you via Postnet to Postnet.

Cost on the house. Nanobeam M5 

https://www.ui.com/airmax/nanobeamm/

Jay

20201128_192505.jpg

On 2020/11/24 at 11:28 AM, Energy-Jason said:

Hi all.

I have two solar panels and lots of WiFi outdoor dishes that anyone is welcome to have. I just need to cut the lock off the storage locker facility. I will post them up very very soon. (Lost the keys)

Sincerely

Jason

I have a wifi network so if possible I am interested.