Pylontech vs Hubble

Leshen

1 hour ago, Leshen said:

Big difference on the quality.

Please clarify, your comments seem to be with regard to "cosmetics".

What are the (perceived) differences in cell quality, BMS, guarantee period etc?

Note that in the AU battery test site, Pylontechs have performed the best so far..

But yes, a very interesting look inside the battery, if its poor quality components then its rather worrying, since I have 4 of them! 😬

Um the Pylontech looks like it was made in a china backstreet look at those cells looks like a bunch of Cellphone batteries taped together corrosion everywhere I suppose its because its a .5C battery the Hubble looks like Awesome quality all round and the Cells Look like decent cells I heard that the Hubble uses BYD  cells must be why the quality visually looks so much better It would be interesting to have a comparison  test between the batteries Clearly they don't have Hubble batteries to test in Aus... I mean Lithium batteries are Expensive and a long term investment so quality is paramount.

@HubbleLithium are we going to see some comparisons between these two? I heard that Pylontech has a new 4.8KW 1C battery on the market would love to see how they stack up to each other...

Its not really fair to say the components are bad quality, I can't make out any components in those photos.

What is does show is a deconstructed battery, witch appears to be built out of 10 cells, the marks on the negative terminal appear to be heat related and not rust( the soldering job does not look great). Connectors are what appear to be XT90 which are pretty good and rated for 40A continuous draw ( burst I think is 90 A) Although these we use in RC model flying with LiPo batts, but they don't seem out of place. The other port is likely the balancing port.

I have bought a set of Hubble AM-2's so not defending the pylon-tech, but quite hard to tell much from the posted photo's are there perhaps a few more?

It does clearly show the "can type" battery modules vs the "stack" and them using a connector designed for ± used in parallel, which just looks wrong.

Would be interesting to see the BMS used too.

52 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

Um the Pylontech looks like it was made in a china backstreet look at those cells looks like a bunch of Cellphone batteries taped together corrosion everywhere I suppose its because its a .5C battery the Hubble looks like Awesome quality all round and the Cells Look like decent cells I heard that the Hubble uses BYD  cells must be why the quality visually looks so much better It would be interesting to have a comparison  test between the batteries Clearly they don't have Hubble batteries to test in Aus... I mean Lithium batteries are Expensive and a long term investment so quality is paramount.

@HubbleLithium are we going to see some comparisons between these two? I heard that Pylontech has a new 4.8KW 1C battery on the market would love to see how they stack up to each other...

By the way, that Pylontech so called 1C is at best a 0.75C. Pylontech still recommends charging and discharging at 0.5C. 

False advertising. 

5 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

Those Prismatic cells used in the pylontechs are specially designed by themselves

You mentioned Pylontech however what concerns me more is how shoddy and cheap the battery looks soldering etc not very neat for an Expensive product 

20 minutes ago, Leshen said:

The day Pylontech makes an actual 1C battery with the same amount of cycles and warranty compared to the likes of Hubble and Bull, I’ll possibly install them. 

I have seen too many Sunsynks, especially the 8kw, going into F20 fault as the Dyness or Pylontechs just cannot deliver. 

Truth there unfortunately you need lots of Pylons to avoid that error from occurring or you need to throttle the loads.... never mind the slow recharge rates of the Pylontech batteries.. 

Edited by Boerseun

Also Just read this Official Pylontech Warranty Used to be 7 Years... Now 5 Years .... Interesting 

"2. Product Warranty Pylontech warrants that the Product will be free of defects caused by improper workmanship or defective materials. This warranty commences the period of Five (5) years from the earlier of: 1. the date of installation of the Product; or 2. six (6) months after the date the Product was manufactured, This warranty does not include any accessories and tool kit items provided with the Product. This warranty only covers the repair or replace of a defective Product. Pylontech will repair or replace the Product if the Product is defective and returned during the Warranty Period. The repaired or replaced product will continue the original remaining warranty period. In either case it shall not justify as a renewal of the warranty period.

Wow ok those Pylons look like cheap cr@p, really look at those cells and the tape and soldering LOL. This just made my decision, was thinking of either a pylon or a hubble but will now rather go with the more expensive hubble that is 1c. Getting it next week. What is the exact depth in mm of this hubble x-100 including the terminals in front, need to check if it will fit my cabinet.

2 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

Also Just read this Official Pylontech Warranty Used to be 7 Years... Now 5 Years .... Interesting 

"2. Product Warranty Pylontech warrants that the Product will be free of defects caused by improper workmanship or defective materials. This warranty commences the period of Five (5) years from the earlier of: 1. the date of installation of the Product; or 2. six (6) months after the date the Product was manufactured, This warranty does not include any accessories and tool kit items provided with the Product. This warranty only covers the repair or replace of a defective Product. Pylontech will repair or replace the Product if the Product is defective and returned during the Warranty Period. The repaired or replaced product will continue the original remaining warranty period. In either case it shall not justify as a renewal of the warranty period.

Now that is worrying!

It used to be 7 plus an additional 3 if you registered your batteries.....I wonder if this is for the new batteries only, or all pylontechs ever bought!

1 minute ago, FixAMess said:

Now that is worrying!

It used to be 7 plus an additional 3 if you registered your batteries.....I wonder if this is for the new batteries only, or all pylontechs ever bought!

I have no Idea about that all that I see is that they started of with a Bang and now all these rules and regulations Apparently now its only 3000 Cycles @ 80% and a maximum of 360 cycles per year so if you exceed that your warranty is also void can someone confirm this if so then it is shocking!!!

PylonTech

PylonTech US2000b.jpg

The Pylon Technology lithium ferrous phosphate (LFP) batteries were some of the first lithium batteries available which enclosed both the lithium cells and battery management system in a simple rack mounted unit. The first generation Extra2000 was replaced by the US2000B which has many improvements and more robust battery cable connections. The US2000B is the same size 2.4kWh module (previously with a touch screen interface) which allows easy setup and monitoring together with connections for multiple units in parallel. PylonTech also supply higher voltage modules for commercial applications.

The pylontech battery modules are often re-branded and used by several large solar manufactures and distributors including SolaX, Canadian Solar and Redback Technologies.

Lithium ferrous phosphate (LFP) is generally considered the most stable of all the lithium battery chemistries especially at elevated temperatures above 40 degC (common in Australia) which is highlighted by the high battery cut-off temperature of 50 degC. Cycle life is also quite high at a claimed 6,000 cycles at 80% depth of discharge, although it is unknown what the end of life (EOL) retained capacity is after this number of cycles?

The warranty is for 5 years and specifies 60% EOL capacity with the extented 10 year warranty. Note the previous warranty states no more than 360 cycles per year. Based on this the new battery performance will remain the same and we can assume 3,000 cycles at 80% DOD. The battery module operates at the nominal voltage of 48V and now has a higher peak power output of 5kW (previous model was 2.2kW) over a short discharge duration of 60 sec. The updated US2000B battery retails at the same price as the previous Extra2000.

• 1.92kWh (80%) usable for 3000 cycles to 70% retained capacity (EOL)

• Power output – Continuous @ 48V = 2.4kW, Max Peak 4.8kW (1 min)

• Round trip efficiency = 94%

• US2000B = AU$1290 (US$1100) – Cost per usable kWh = AU$752

• US2000B - Warranty: 10 years (after online registration) to 60% retained capacity. Refer to warranty document here

See full detailed PylonTech battery data sheet and manual here

10 minutes ago, Metalcut said:

Wow ok those Pylons look like cheap cr@p, really look at those cells and the tape and soldering LOL. This just made my decision, was thinking of either a pylon or a hubble but will now rather go with the more expensive hubble that is 1c. Getting it next week. What is the exact depth in mm of this hubble x-100 including the terminals in front, need to check if it will fit my cabinet.

as far as I know Power Forum store has a special on the Hubble AM2 5.5KWH Wall mountable battery for R24700 Vat included you can give them a try 

15 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

as far as I know Power Forum store has a special on the Hubble AM2 5.5KWH Wall mountable battery for R24700 Vat included you can give them a try 

Yes. Excellent service from the Powerforum team. hubble_lithium_s-100_a4_pamphet.pdf

1 hour ago, Boerseun said:

From what I know, the warranty is 10yrs, not 7 or 5 years. You have 5 years standard warranty and that gets extended by another 5 years when you register your battery on their website. I will try and get my registration confirmation letter and attach here when I get a chance